Build.

Options
Kila_Master - Harshlands
Kila_Master - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
Is it ok for Wizards to add vit every coupel of levels even though 1 vit = 10 hp??? b:victory
Post edited by Kila_Master - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    bluemagi wrote:
    Start off.. took me long time before I decide to sit down and write out this guide. I will also update it as time goes by till i quit PW. I do not play oracle/delphi. Instead, I am on 惊天 server, PW-MY-CN server 1. I am a lvl 101 heaven mage.

Stats allocation (LVL 101):
    Str = 54
    Dex = 20
    Int = 450
    Hp = 53

aV1Mp48S.jpg

These stats is with full buffs from wb, ep, wr. Without them learning any heaven/devil skill, wb learnt hp++ skill.

Basically, enough strength to wear armor/weapon, as much into INT as possible. Why do I put 50 points into hp? So as to make my hp ~ 8500 after buffs.

Why go pure INT? Robe vs light armor vs heavy armor

I actually missed out this important point lol. Without this part, my thread seems so pointless.

Lets first look at heavy armor. We all know that heavy armor gives lot of phy def, but low magic def. True enough, at +8, they give up to 2k hp.. maybe even more. but, magic def is awfully low. One can of course wear magic def accessories, but, if it helps, why does warrior and wb still complain about painful mages? Wearing heavy armor also means that u need to sacrifice many INT points to put into str. Str are basically useless for us... does not boost anything at all. Phy def can go up to 24k if u wear heavy armor though, at the sacrifice of your magic attack and defence, Play a wr, wb =.= if u really like to tank so much.

Then, lets look at light armor. Reasonable phy def and low magic def. EA's armor. High critical too (at lvl 90 to 98). Can go up to 20% critical at lvl 100. However, magic def at most reach 10k.. Have to wear magic def accessories. Not a bad build, but I feel magic def is most important in this game. Magic classes simply hit too pain. Magic attack with this build is also at least 30% lower then a pure int. Critical is good.. but, upon reaching 15%, magic classes already can critical a lot. why overkill? Key thing again, magic defense.. is the reason not to go for light build.

Last, pure INT. High magic def, highest magic attack. Magic attack on a 8 jun mage +12 is 18k to 21k without fury burst. A mage can take down a wb single handedly in TW. Fury burst, 2 vigor medicine, 59 water dragon. Can ko'ed a wb with 25k hp. I dont boast here, as I seen it myself. I had not reach this standard yet, but even for my standard, i m doing 18k with no burst and 20k with burst on wb. EA are usually 1 hit KO with earth strike, for EA with 8k hp or less with no critical. Damage wise, i think there is no need for me to elaborate more. Wait till oracle has a 8 jun + 12 int 510 and you guys will then see what i mean.

Defense of a pure int mage is terrible if you do not invest enough money. But with the items i recommend there, a mage def can go up to 15k and 14k easily. Hp is about 8k. Now, if u go +10.. .. Remember, refining is the keyword for pure int mage. If you are only at +5, be prepared to die a lot. Also, phoenix are our worst enemy. Kill them at earliest opportunity.

Pandora was the reason I rolled a mage, this guy is why I'm restating to pure in a few days (well, mid-next month when gold prices drop a bit). Hope it helps you as much as it did me, the original post is on PW-MY's english forums here.
  • Kila_Master - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    uhhh..........excuse my ignorance, but what does this have to do with me?
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Pandora:
    If you put con on a mage you're ****. You only get 10 hp per point of con, which is the lowest con HP modifier in the game. And unlike a priest or fox, your job is not to be able to take a couple hits to do other things. You don't do other things. The only thing you do is kill things. If you're going to roll a gimp class, at least do your job.

Enough said.. Just level to 80 and start refining for hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    Options
    pandora is also a ****** that can't survive long enough to kill anything without a heal slave.

50 or so base con until 90 is a very common thing. robes suck total **** until they're refined like hell, the extra hp from con is very good.
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    Hizaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    *facepalms*

Oh man wonder what its like....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Add about 50 vit, 500 HP can save you **** countless times.
    It's your mage, build it however you want, don't worry about others.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think I am going to have to disagree with you. Citrine (and garnet) shards have been working just fine, for me.

Of course, a barbarian can out-tank me, and I have refined my armor a little bit. And I will not disagree with you about hp from con.

But robes can be decent, even without massive refines.

Pre- 90 robes do suck ridiculously unless their highly refined and sharded. Your better off going LA. This is true on a PvP server anyways.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Pandora was the reason I rolled a mage, this guy is why I'm restating to pure in a few days (well, mid-next month when gold prices drop a bit). Hope it helps you as much as it did me, the original post is on PW-MY's english forums here.
    Pre- 90 robes do suck ridiculously unless their highly refined and sharded. Your better off going LA. This is true on a PvP server anyways.
    Add about 50 vit, 500 HP can save you **** countless times.
    It's your mage, build it however you want, don't worry about others.

b:thanks Thankxx for the great advice. =]. I think i might put 20 or so points into Vit, but theres only one problem....I am 2 broke to restat and with the ludacris Gold prices, i dont think i will be able to buy one anytime soon. What would be a quick way to make money besides grinding and merchanting??
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:thanks Thankxx for the great advice. =]. I think i might put 20 or so points into Vit, but theres only one problem....I am 2 broke to restat and with the ludacris Gold prices, i dont think i will be able to buy one anytime soon. What would be a quick way to make money besides grinding and merchanting??

charging zen
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

You'll get 20 free stat points after levelling 4 times. :P
    I like pie
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you didnt notice im LA, which means i have to add 1 dex, 1 str, and 3 mag each level.....how am i supposed to even my stats out.....
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you didnt notice im LA, which means i have to add 1 dex, 1 str, and 3 mag each level.....how am i supposed to even my stats out.....

you dont add vit to a LA build. You sound broke so u cant afford good gear... you should stay LA till 90, which is a good time to restat. LA is much better than arcane pre 90 (assuming your gear isnt amazing) , but when you start investing in decent gear at 90, youll want to restat arcane (and probably add 50 vit) .
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    k. Cant wait until lvl 90. =D.
  • Zenum - Lost City
    Zenum - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    if you put vit on a mage your stupid. 10 hp per point isnt worth it your taking away points that can be put into int. go with light mage it is in my opinion the best option.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    To the OP:

It's either Light armor or arcane with full magic points. Robes are good if you can use some common/avg shards in the beginning. I'm going to be a full arcane mage and i do just fine with my 3x robes with common citrines.

There can be a posibility of adding some vit later on but i'd rather hit as hard as i can right now so i can breeze through these lowbie levels.