Necessary Skills?

AgileBladez - Lost City
AgileBladez - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
Should i buy skills that are linked to Fox Form? I'm not much of a fox user so would these skills still be helpful if i held a magic sword or something?

Is bramble guard also important? I'm new as you can tell, if anyone knows what skills i should get please tell let me know. I'm going for the arcane build. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by AgileBladez - Lost City on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Should i buy skills that are linked to Fox Form? I'm not much of a fox user so would these skills still be helpful if i held a magic sword or something?

Is bramble guard also important? I'm new as you can tell, if anyone knows what skills i should get please tell let me know. I'm going for the arcane build. Thanks in advance!

Amp Damage and Purge are extremely useful fox-form skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like befuddling mist and a few levels of leech too. Leech is pretty useful to save pots/charm.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • AgileBladez - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    So am i able to use these fox skills even i'm not in fox form?
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    So am i able to use these fox skills even i'm not in fox form?

No, you will need to switch to fox form, use them, and then switch back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    No, you will need to switch to fox form, use them, and then switch back.

Wouldn't it be kinda tedious to switch back and forth between fox and veno? But i guess it would be beneficial in PvE or PvP.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Wouldn't it be kinda tedious to switch back and forth between fox and veno? But i guess it would be beneficial in PvE or PvP.

For bosses I lure... start out in fox mode, amp dmg, myriad rainbow (79 skill), human form, non-chi using attacks, spark the tank and/or cleric if BB, go back to fox mode when amp dmg cools off and repeat the process... If I'm not tanking I'm always busy. Once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

For PvP hitting with purge (if needed) and Amp while your pet is attacking does a lot of good, and well worth switching to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    For bosses I lure... start out in fox mode, amp dmg, myriad rainbow (79 skill), human form, non-chi using attacks, spark the tank and/or cleric if BB, go back to fox mode when amp dmg cools off and repeat the process... If I'm not tanking I'm always busy. Once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

For PvP hitting with purge (if needed) and Amp while your pet is attacking does a lot of good, and well worth switching to do it.

alrighty, but what if your build isn't so concentrated in STR? my fox form sucks cause im going for the arcane build. switching would just be for using the skills to weaken?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    alrighty, but what if your build isn't so concentrated in STR? my fox form sucks cause im going for the arcane build. switching would just be for using the skills to weaken?

pretty much yes.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Paizz - Heavens Tear
    Paizz - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009

if ure not much 4 fox form, then focus ur skills on those that the human form rather than the fox form uses an dont 4get 2 put more pts in2 mag than str, i was thinking bout going fox w my veno but i decided against it cuz of the lack of mag power 4 the human form attacks an my bf also advised me not 2 do it, so we did sum research, but if u want fox form, go 4 it as 4 me, im not a fox user myself
    i cause myself emotional pain...but i always come back 4 more...
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009

I was Arcane until 90 and I maxed those debuff skills ASAP. Yes, even if you never use fox form for attacking, maxing fox form itself (for reduced costs) and amp/purge is always good. But like Lloyd said, Leech is good just for the hp theft as well.

Parties will really like having you around for boss runs once you get the hang of going fox -> debuff -> normal ->attack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Light and heavy don't use fox skills for damage, their melee damage is higher than skill damage, basically the cast/channel time on the skills makes them lose more damage than the skill itself does. As a result, for those builds fox skills are ONLY for side effects. For arcane it's similar but not quite the same, it's higher damage to go fox for 6/30 seconds and use amp, then nuke once you're out of fox (even when solo, in squads it should be a no brainer). What you run into here though, is that you end up sitting in fox form for 3.3-4.8 seconds depending on channeling just waiting for fox form to cycle before you amp. This time you're sitting in fox form is wasted damage, by training a couple of fox skills you can do some more damage while you wait.

For essential fox skills get amplify and purge (only 1 level of purge is needed until the 70's or 80's really, if pve only). Then take two more fox skills of your choice. My suggestion would be leech/befuddle to maximize damage or consume/leech to minimize mana use. I'm a fan of consume/leech personally because I seem to be the only arcane veno around that can't keep mana up even when using soul transfusion, tree, natures grace, metabolic boost, and triple spark. The (much) cheaper solution though would be leech/befuddle.