A second Wep

Options
StoneHammer - Harshlands
StoneHammer - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
Ok im a lvl 64 polearm bm i want to work in a second wep in a few lvls and i was wondering which 1 would go best with the pole. Any advice?
Post edited by StoneHammer - Harshlands on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Axe + pole combo.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Spiderbait_ - Lost City
    Spiderbait_ - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Axe + pole combo.

Thats exactly wat im planning on buildin as..
    To me seems like a very good combo..
    AoE and Stun of Axe and Range of pole..
    Pole seems like a good 1 v 1 weapon aswell tbh as the range helps with runners or mage's for jump all over them place
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Fists would be a great choice for a secondary path.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spiderbait_ - Lost City
    Spiderbait_ - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Fists wud i agree but the required dex for them wudnt leave you with alot of Vit or Str if hes raising str for pole too..

I cud b wrong tho.. i dont know required stats perfectly =/
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    axe: aoe, stun, and crowd control, best path for pve, but also very good for pvp as well (tw mainly)

pole: highest 1vs1 damage output for pvp, range, and partial aoe (best pk path)

sword: range, good 1vs1 damage, ulti skill deals highest single-target damage of any of the bm's skills

fists: good for bosses and elite mobs, high dps. not very good at pvp except versus AA/casters (which it ****)

this is all hearsay and personal opinion, take it for what it's worth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    axes=stun lock,aoe
    poles=range,ability to stack bleed which **** casters
    blades=strictly 1vs1
    fists=**** to melee

axes beat poles,poles beat fists,blades beat axes,fists beats every weapon cept poles unless you can stop em from kiting you

BUT fists get kited hella easy so if you decide to make that a secondary wep you better be fast on your toes (maxed cloud sprint ftw)
  • Desdemonaaa - Lost City
    Desdemonaaa - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i agree with the above posters for the most part. i have been using axes throughout my leveling and the axe skills were great to grind. do you plan on pvping or are you mostly pve? i am curious about how useful fists actually are since it seems people either love them or hate them. but overall for pvp & pve i think axes are a good choice

ibbies wrote: »
    (maxed cloud sprint ftw)

slightly offtopic but about maxing cloud sprint... dooo it! cloud sprint is a prerequisite for the 59 skill, will of bodhistiva, which is extremely useful not only as another speed skill, but also for its b:pleased immunity to movement debuffs & 100% more evasion. i've come across too many mid/high level bm's who do not have this skill and/or have no idea what it is b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I would go either axe or sword, and most likely axe if I were you, as the requisite stat difference is small. Fists you'd have to start pouring on the dex.

Here is my opinion on the weapons.

Axe= Best for AoE & TW

Sword= Best 1 vs 1 weapon hands down imo, highest single target damage output (skill damage modifiers are greatest). It has an extra ranged attack to get runners. Also nice as a secondary tanking weapon.

Pole= A bit of both worlds. Has AoE, high damage with stacked bleeds, and best ranged attack of the weapons. It's kind of like the Jack'o'All'Trades for our Jack'o'All'Trades class. Best used to fight runners. Let bleed keep DD'ing them as they're running away and smack them with your ranged skills when you can.

Fists= Amazing DPS but way too easy to kite. They deal insane damage while your opponent is stunned, soon as they get out of it they will hop back and recover. These are the best tanking weapon. High DPS keeps aggro. They have channel interrupting skills which stop boss's AoE (and also increase aggro). They gain chi the fastest with their amazing speed and can continuously spark for extra damage (Even more aggro) or if necessary they can use that chi to heal with goldenbell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulTedSu - Lost City
    SoulTedSu - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Use Fist ,

because,

1.Fist can save you using a lot of MP pots b:victory

2. Demon Glacial Spike + Spark Eruption + normal fist = 100% crit b:dirty
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Use Fist ,

because,

1.Fist can save you using a lot of MP pots b:victory

2. Spark Eruption + Demon Glacial Spike + normal fist = 100% crit b:dirty

Fixed it for ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    axe: aoe, stun, and crowd control, best path for pve, but also very good for pvp as well (tw mainly)

pole: highest 1vs1 damage output for pvp, range, and partial aoe (best pk path)

sword: range, good 1vs1 damage, ulti skill deals highest single-target damage of any of the bm's skills

fists: good for bosses and elite mobs, high dps. not very good at pvp except versus AA/casters (which it ****)

this is all hearsay and personal opinion, take it for what it's worth

fists own 1v1. Pole damage output 1v1 is nothing compared to fist with good -interval.
  • Takadira - Lost City
    Takadira - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im Building 6 str 3 dex 1 vit every 2 lvls.. might start adding more vit at later lvls but hopin to just manage my HP thro my armor ect..

I Plan on usin Axe and Pole and Possibly sword.. what you think of this build ?
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Im Building 6 str 3 dex 1 vit every 2 lvls.. might start adding more vit at later lvls but hopin to just manage my HP thro my armor ect..

I Plan on usin Axe and Pole and Possibly sword.. what you think of this build ?

its the same as the one iam using.

getting the money and sp for skills is a pain in the **** b:surrender
    farming decent TT weapon is also expensiveb:surrender

though i decided only to get swords for the dragon+myriad+Tstorm combo.

pole iam using with axe for ranged spikes and extra aoe.

and axe for aoe grind and normal pvp.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    if you have the dex for it or dont mind restating some of your vit into it fists are wonderfull for 1v1 dmg or single target grinding also since the only skills from the tree that u need to max are cycone heel and the mastery (of course) its quite cheap sp wise

if you pick up fisting do just grab an annialator of souls from ah the mana regen ability + the fact that you can kill dirty quick without skills means a serious reduction in pot cost and as many have said before me with - interval gear there isnt much in this perfect word that outdoes a hell sparked fist in sheer dmg (if you see this happen just run like hell and never stop 9 times out of 10 will of bolshi will be on havent done it myself but have seen charmed barbs with vit builds go down to this)

sword skills are similar enough to spears that going that way wouldent give you much versitility but rather focus your build. but that said i love myriad sword stance a little to much easily the best ultimate for sheer damage (dragons are realy just there for the amp glacial is a comprimise between the 2 with ok damage and a usefull ability fist ultimate...only realy usefull on heavy veno's but 2x or 3x spark does the job betterb:cry)

you can already aoe with poles (abeit not as well as an axe) but if you want to go that way enjoy. i personaly recomend picking up all weapons eventually simply cause figuring out all the different combos and such you can do is fun fun fun.

hope i've manage to translate some of the things said to plain eglish/elaborate on things said/possibly give you some fun ideas

(fist is my main weapon so i may be a touch biasedb:chuckle)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    (fist is my main weapon so i may be a touch biasedb:chuckle)
    just a bitb:surrender

fists seem to have gained some respect over the last few months, might aswell try them now that ppl wont shout fail anymoreb:shocked