edited October 2009
    TAKE THEM OUT ALREADY!!!

b:surrender

<--- freaks out sometimes b:chuckle b:pleased
    Call me San.
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You can play just fine without the stash at 50, the other one you have to have a hammer to open is 80 and isn't really worth it. A mount you can buy ingame with coins from another player. The game is still just as free as it was a year ago, you just want more boutique items than you used to.

Yeh, but a few months ago you could open your 50 stash and get a nice sword to pull you through 5x-6x, as well as a tome at 8x and enough mirages to cover hammer costs. By 6-7x you could afford a mount, a full cash shop clothes set, a nice shiny aerogear, tt armour and moderate refining for the lot.
    The cash shopper got the privilage of higher grade refines and instant vanity items of any variety in the boutique and charms to make their life easy and everyone was happy.
    For the grinder, the game was fun, they could achieve things. Games are meant to be played for fun and enjoyment and a break from reality. It shouldn't be about struggling to barely make ends meet and coping on bare minimum. That's not fun. Players aren't "greedy" for wanting nice cool-looking equips. No one plays an mmo to "be below average and scrape by on low grade equips and items".
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    Yeh, but a few months ago you could open your 50 stash and get a nice sword to pull you through 5x-6x, as well as a tome at 8x and enough mirages to cover hammer costs. By 6-7x you could afford a mount, a full cash shop clothes set, a nice shiny aerogear, tt armour and moderate refining for the lot.
    The cash shopper got the privilage of higher grade refines and instant vanity items of any variety in the boutique and charms to make their life easy and everyone was happy.
    For the grinder, the game was fun, they could achieve things. Games are meant to be played for fun and enjoyment and a break from reality. It shouldn't be about struggling to barely make ends meet and coping on bare minimum. That's not fun. Players aren't "greedy" for wanting nice cool-looking equips. No one plays an mmo to "be below average and scrape by on low grade equips and items".

Made a really good point there, I support that view
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Viriddis weapons, fb39 weapons, random 2* and 3* in the AH. There's several items in that range that are alternatives to the supply stash one. Infact, due to BH and the declining value of mirage, molds and 3* weapons in those weapon ranges have gotten even cheaper meaning there's even more good weapons out there. The value of TT weapons is very low (and they pretty much decline daily) so all you really need the supply stash weapon for is the 50's. All weapons I listed work well for that.

So how much money did you give PWI for those privileges (indirectly through the gold trader, or directly through zen charge)? If the boutique isn't attractive to make you want to pay them 10-20 a month (say 15 average), why should anyone else? Free games are not totally free, an individual can play for free but a community can't. If 50% of players play for free, it means those that pay need to each be spending an average of 30/month to give the game the same profit margin as every pay to play out there. If the benefits of the boutique don't appeal to you, why are they going to appeal to others?

Make a regular group that focuses on collective rather than individual advancement. Start making good economic choices (don't wine BH, learn when it is/isn't profitable to teleport for WQ, grind mobs in a group, even squad coin splits... meaning cover everyones repairs/expenses then split profits, stop using charms, stop using 2 clerics in squads, stop using ga's on pve servers, and so on), you'll stop just barely getting by.
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Viriddis weapons, fb39 weapons, random 2* and 3* in the AH. There's several items in that range that are alternatives to the supply stash one. Infact, due to BH and the declining value of mirage, molds and 3* weapons in those weapon ranges have gotten even cheaper meaning there's even more good weapons out there. The value of TT weapons is very low (and they pretty much decline daily) so all you really need the supply stash weapon for is the 50's. All weapons I listed work well for that.

So how much money did you give PWI for those privileges (indirectly through the gold trader, or directly through zen charge)? If the boutique isn't attractive to make you want to pay them 10-20 a month (say 15 average), why should anyone else? Free games are not totally free, an individual can play for free but a community can't. If 50% of players play for free, it means those that pay need to each be spending an average of 30/month to give the game the same profit margin as every pay to play out there. If the benefits of the boutique don't appeal to you, why are they going to appeal to others?

Make a regular group that focuses on collective rather than individual advancement. Start making good economic choices (don't wine BH, learn when it is/isn't profitable to teleport for WQ, grind mobs in a group, even squad coin splits... meaning cover everyones repairs/expenses then split profits, stop using charms, stop using 2 clerics in squads, stop using ga's on pve servers, and so on), you'll stop just barely getting by.

oh shut up b:shutup
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i think the whole point is that you're still supposed to still play the game to get ahead in this game...money should get you really buffed, but you have to at least play the game. what it comes down to is that the game is inherently boring. grinds, no more quests, same instances over and over again. if i didnt have friends playing i'd have left a long time ago. playing the game is more like work, repetitive, time-consuming work...(i literally wrote essays for schoolwork while having this thing in windowed mode) but players do it to get something they want in the end...if the game was fun, and playing the game was reward enough, people would not be complaining. the game sucked, instances are fun, dungeons are kind of fun, but face it, this game would be totally suck if you didn't have your friends here. bascially, people felt their hours of "work" didn't pay off, while some lucky people won ****load of stuff they didn't have to "work" for. now they're pissed. i say lucky because not everyone who bought packs won. i know people who go "i just bought 100 packs and jack **** came out", i also know people who go "lols frost on 4th opening". i mean no p2p game does this, even though they pay, they still play the game, kill mobs, do quests, run the instances, etc. nobody gets everything handed to them lottery-style, at least not to this scale as far as i know.

for the benefit of everyone, i just hope they fix some glitches and add new, interesting quests at higher levels
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tiguro - Dreamweaver
    Tiguro - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Could the name of them be changed to "Halloween Packs"? And have the nightmare added to it....

They're already a nightmare. In my opinion, they ruined the game, forcing many people to quit the game, we waited a month last time for it to go away patiently but drastically, and for the economy to go back to normal where it's supposed to be, and now they bring it back again. Okay yes, I understand an anniversary is twice a year and we should enjoy anniversaries. We're getting hell and poor in the game for having served TO the game. So we get no enjoyment-only maybe if we buy a couple of packs here and there just for our little spending needs and get something good for once. But other than that it's ruining the game. What this game needs is a money making system, it does NOT have it whatsoever. Again, my opinion. Just shouting it out there is all. Thanks. b:victory
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok, I just noticed that the anniversary packs weren't in the cash shop. Then someone said they have been moved to the boxes/eggs section. Does this mean anniversary packs are a permanent addition to the boutique?
    Explanation plzb:bye
  • hot4
    hot4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    By Popular demand and ALL of your disscussion, Anni Pack NOW is perm item in cashshop. b:laugh
  • malixdark
    edited October 2009
    I'd love to see it. Just to see how fast the game actually does start falling apart. The devs really deserve it at this point.

The main reason players are spam-buying packs is because of the resale value of tokens and items after the event, and the fact that once the event's over they'll have equips others can't get. If they became permanent half the player base would rage-quit and the rest would just move on soon after out of boredom. I mean, endgame gear all together in a permanent handy pack? The game's enough of a joke as it is.
  • lifegod90
    lifegod90 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'd love to see it. Just to see how fast the game actually does start falling apart. The devs really deserve it at this point.

The main reason players are spam-buying packs is because of the resale value of tokens and items after the event, and the fact that once the event's over they'll have equips others can't get. If they became permanent half the player base would rage-quit and the rest would just move on soon after out of boredom. I mean, endgame gear all together in a permanent handy pack? The game's enough of a joke as it is.

This.
    /10char
  • vaine8
    vaine8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have you ever head the saying, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."? My statement is simple. PWI was never broke, why the hell would you try to ruin something that was good? I mean come on, do you really expect people to spend the $300+ every month (yes, some do)? Seriously though, drop the packs. They are the most annoying thing on PWI right now. Yes, you can have your profit, I run my on business, I make plenty, I don't run sales 24/7/365. Only difference is the people keep what they get from me. So, here's the deal, make something more useful than the packs. Have gold sales, have armor sales. Hell, have a NPC sell gold. It wont change anything, people will still buy the gold. But non-cash shoppers will have a chance to get something. Like fashion, (yes, the ladies of PWI love their fashion, guys do to) charms, mounts, fly gear and all the other things. Honestly, I got tired of the game. The Duke spamming made it unbearable.

P.S Shut him up with the red spam. It's only saying one person's name. It's freaking annoying. (Yes I have stopped myself from cursing.)
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Since the anniversary packs, almost all the prices in PWI have at gone rocketing up! Some prices were already insanely high, but now they've almost doubled! For example gold: about 6 months ago it used to cost 125k per 1 gold, now thats over 600k!
    Please, stop with the packs, and let the economy recover a bit, instead of destroying it!

I guess that's about what i wanted to say.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL! Fashion that was once 450k is now 4.5 mils, I rest my case.
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Since the anniversary packs, almost all the prices in PWI have at gone rocketing up! Some prices were already insanely high, but now they've almost doubled! For example gold: about 6 months ago it used to cost 125k per 1 gold, now thats over 600k!
    Please, stop with the packs, and let the economy recover a bit, instead of destroying it!

I guess that's about what i wanted to say.

its never gona recover. Too much coins have been injected into the game (cough*10million*cough*bignotes)
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im slowly quitting the game -__- thx for ruining it for me b:tired.I hope this game goes down or people boo you guys off the stage when ever u go to those gamer events looolb:victory
  • malixdark
    edited October 2009
    vaine8 wrote: »
    Have you ever head the saying, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."? My statement is simple. PWI was never broke, why the hell would you try to ruin something that was good? I mean come on, do you really expect people to spend the $300+ every month (yes, some do)

Thing is, while some people do spend that much, they wont forever. This huge profit surge they're leaping on is purely temporary. Once everyone's (cash shoppers) spent $1k or so getting crazy end game gears there's not much else they can buy. Pwi could release even higher end game, but no ones going to happily spend $1k again and scrap their old gear after investing so much. So they're stuck here. They have a few months left while the last few buy their packs and sell gold....and then that's pretty much it. Dieing game from then on.

Endgame and super high content is something built to gradually. But in pwi we've suddenly, bam reached it. Every end game equip, item, accessory is easily available with money. Even levels can be bought in no time. There's not really any future for the company at this rate.

It's actually sad to see things in wc nowadays like "Selling Scroll Of Tome 150m" this is over 7 times the price a herc was 3 months ago, and a herc was something a veno spent most of the game grinding for. The game really went downhill so fast.
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It really makes me sad...
    Finally some game I actually liked, being ruined like this...

I can imagine lots of people have turned emo after hearing "Anniversary packs back by popular demand!"...

Really, don't you have anything better to do than take the fun out of games?

The packs were sort of fun one time, but one time only, repeating it destroyed pretty much everything about this game...

Please, admins and GM's and other people in charge, I know you get huge profits out of this, but DON'T repeat this within about 5 years, maybe even never bring it back again.

I guess the only reasons I'm still playing this are:
    -I've made many good friends here and I'd feel bad to abandon them,
    -I don't have much better things to do,
    -and I'm curious for the Rising Tide expansion.

Usually the main reason to play a game is for fun, right?
    Where did that go?

Answer: "Down the drain."

Edit: Hm, I don't think they'll dare deleting 99 or more pages full of basically "NEVER BRING BACK THOSE PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and bring them back anyways...
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thing is, while some people do spend that much, they wont forever. This huge profit surge they're leaping on is purely temporary. Once everyone's (cash shoppers) spent $1k or so getting crazy end game gears there's not much else they can buy. Pwi could release even higher end game, but no ones going to happily spend $1k again and scrap their old gear after investing so much. So they're stuck here. They have a few months left while the last few buy their packs and sell gold....and then that's pretty much it. Dieing game from then on.

Endgame and super high content is something built to gradually. But in pwi we've suddenly, bam reached it. Every end game equip, item, accessory is easily available with money. Even levels can be bought in no time. There's not really any future for the company at this rate.

It's actually sad to see things in wc nowadays like "Selling Scroll Of Tome 150m" this is over 7 times the price a herc was 3 months ago, and a herc was something a veno spent most of the game grinding for. The game really went downhill so fast.

hmm maybe i should short the stock
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im slowly quitting the game -__- thx for ruining it for me b:tired.I hope this game goes down or people boo you guys off the stage when ever u go to those gamer events looolb:victory

bye bye.... you leave, others will join, and the game will go on.....

As already posted here, even if you take the total number of posts in this thread, and you don't even count people posting more than once, the total number amounts to less than 10% of the PWI player base.

Once you start removing the people that posted multiple times on this thread, I am sure the number will go down to far less than 5%.

Not that long ago, there was post after post of people commenting how it was unfair that venos were the only class that could get a "end game weapon" out of the CS. I guess people have short memories...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    It will but not for long, no F2P game that makes it impossible for new players to play will last long. I give it 1, 2 years max.
    edited October 2009
    hmm maybe i should short the stock

they have a diversified portfolio. The fall of PWI means nothing to them, the new expansion pack for another of their game just pushed their stocks up. The company is moving their focus away from PWI, lets face it.
    In addition to the Perfect World MMO, it's looking forward to Torchlight: "We're very happy about that project. We're looking forward to developing an MMO with [Runic Games], putting our knowledge together and making something strong there," says Belliss.
    -moving focus from PWI to Torchlight (we are being forgotten, they have milked us dry)

"In our case, you start playing and we have to earn your money, prove to you that this is worth depositing some cash into and spending some money on," says Belliss. "So obviously customer service is a huge focus, tech support, QA, polish -- if anybody has any sort of issue it gets resolved within minutes, not hours."
    - http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25611

Tell us our bugs are fixed / GM live chat are working and we will believe you for once.
    edited October 2009

As already posted here, even if you take the total number of posts in this thread, and you don't even count people posting more than once, the total number amounts to less than 10% of the PWI player base.

Once you start removing the people that posted multiple times on this thread, I am sure the number will go down to far less than 5%.

Not that long ago, there was post after post of people commenting how it was unfair that venos were the only class that could get a "end game weapon" out of the CS. I guess people have short memories...

The day will come when majority of the F2P population moves out and you are left to compete with the rest of the zen buyers to see who has ability to inject the most amount of money into the game to make their equips +12. Have fun

This game is P2P for a newcomer if he wants to enjoy the game. (whats a game without enjoyment?) Optional gold purchasing is only for the high levels who know the market well enough to play along with it.
    It will but not for long, no F2P game that makes it impossible for new players to play will last long. I give it 1, 2 years max.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The day will come when majority of the F2P population moves out and you are left to compete with the rest of the zen buyers to see who has ability to inject the most amount of money into the game to make their equips +12. Have fun

This game is P2P for a newcomer if he wants to enjoy the game. (whats a game without enjoyment?) Optional gold purchasing is only for the high levels who know the market well enough to play along with it.

When that day comes, let me know. In case you have not noticed, a very large chunk of the red spam is from players that are not zen buyers, but instead are coin sellers. Interesting, eh?

When PWI first came out, the same was said about PW-MY.... And guess what.. they are still there....

This game is no different than any other game in the world. Even that "new game" is all about who spends the most money, with the difference that it is illegal on that game. Why do you think they have so many problems with gold bots????? And the game has been out for very short time... When you look at the very popular mmo from the company that means storm, you have the same problem. You can buy yourself a character already leveled with end of game gear. And you have gold bots everywhere as well.

Anyone that has played more than one MMO knows that, unless there is no economy, like some of the FPS games, it will always be about who can spend the most money. That part, will never change, not matter how much you try. As long as you have an economy, you will have the same issues.

Oh well, we will see.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    When that day comes, let me know. In case you have not noticed, a very large chunk of the red spam is from players that are not zen buyers, but instead are coin sellers. Interesting, eh?

When PWI first came out, the same was said about PW-MY.... And guess what.. they are still there....

PWMY is still there, how many are playing?
    You've pointed out that those using ani packs are players that are not zen buyers, but i suppose you will agree with me that they are players who have played for a long time. Enough to earn the required sum to play with the market. Thats what i've said.

New players do not have such capital to start off with and the only way they can join into this market is to charge zen. True they get 500k in game coins for every dollar they charge and they probably live off that.
    But to truely enjoy the game some amounts of money needs to be spent on cash shop
    How does this appeal to the new comers who thought that this is a F2P game?

Ur right about MMOs being cash based eventually i agree, but this should be done discreetly, introducing a bit of this a bit of that to keep the hype going. Ani packs that gives out end game gears / 5million coins two times in a row, with a 2 weeks rest in between, how do you make of that?
    For me personally, im not creating an uproar because i do not want gold prices to rise. I accept that it will rise eventually, however that being said, i was concerned about the orientation that PWI is heading towards. Too many good games have been ruined because the Management teams make Cash Shop a compulsory part of the games.

When the ani packs are gone, what sales will they put in order to get people to keep buying zen?
  • Irenka - Heavens Tear
    Irenka - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'll admit I liked the anniversary packs when they came out at the anniversary, but I felt they were really more a celebration, should be there for a week, kinda thing. They should not be a permanent part of the economy.

I occasionally use money in the cash shop but I usually topped it up using in game coins. It seems weird but now that I can't do that I've stopped using the cash shop all together, for some reason the temptation to use money is gone.

One of the reasons I chose this version of the game was because the price of gold was a good balance, affordable but not too easy. Now that it's got so crazy I'm not sure what to do, need to see what the game's like with non cash shop items I guess.
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I considered started a new thread to voice this opinion, but I decided to add it here even if it ends up being lost in the flood of other responses.

I don't have a problem with PWI making money, and from what we've seen they are making a good deal of it. What I am wondering is: Where is the re-investment?

You know, taking some of that money and putting it back into the game. Here's a few suggestions:

- Hire more GM's, it's obvious that you don't have enough. Hearing Spoons say that 3 business day was the "average" response time to tickets was discouraging at best.
    - Fix the bugs. Yes we know the devs are busy writing new content, but as anyone in IT will tell you, new content means new bugs. How about squashing some of the old bugs before introducing new ones?
    - Hold more GM events. I still remember when I could see GM's in game, or better yet see GM's holding events. I am aware many players complained about them, but I enjoyed them. The invasion of Archosaur was one of my favorites.

Players have quite a bit a patience, more than most people know. Things like Anniversary Packs don't really bother me, high gold prices don't really bother me. What bothers me me is the appearance that PW management is more concerned about making $$ of it's players than it is about making sure they have fun. I'm honestly getting the feeling PWI is going for the short-term profits out of this game while sacrificing long-term sustainability.

If I could send one message to the creators/owners/managers of PWI, it would be "Re-invest some of that money you are making please, you'll be better off in the long run."
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anni packs are gone b:victory, so guess soon be JJ and Halloween packs b:shutup
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anni packs are gone b:victory, so guess soon be JJ and Halloween packs b:shutup

click on Box/Egg in boutique... they're still there :/
    Call me San.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Anni Packs are NOT gone.

annipacks.jpg
This discussion has been closed.