TangTang - Sanctuary
TangTang - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Hey, I'm a level 26 cleric right now, and my current stats are,
30 VIT
17 STR
and the rest in MAG

When is a good VIT cap?
I'm aiming for a build with some VIT for more survivability, without gimping my damage/heal power TOO much.

Thanks in advance b:victory
Post edited by TangTang - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    50 is good - the rest of your HP can easily be bought with citrine shards :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • TangTang - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Okay thanks!
    Anybody else have input on the subject?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree with FatherTed. I'm going FAC on my "main" cleric and I gave her 50 Vit cap. I didn't want to die in a couple hits nor did I want to spam heal on myself all the time.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It all depends on the armor you can afford. A friend gave me +4 TT80 Gold, all 3 or 4 socket with flawless citrines... that's allowed me to keep my vit at 5 without a problem.

Just play for a bit and find out what you're comfortable with.

Edit: I would not suggest adding vit until 65 if you're planning on going hybrid. It's unnecessary at low levels - just gimps you IMO.
  • ClericAeria - Lost City
    ClericAeria - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    XD i dunnob:laugh im lvl 49 and i have 45 vitality, 40 strength, 7 dexterity, and 168 magic. I dunno how much vitality i should have too XD cause ur strength seems really and doesnt seem like u can use some of ur magic wepons
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    TT Gold armor is bound. Unless there is a way to un-bind something, I don't think they gave you gold armor. Would be cool if I could un-bind my gold gear.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    TT Gold armor is bound. Unless there is a way to un-bind something, I don't think they gave you gold armor. Would be cool if I could un-bind my gold gear.
    It was never used. He gave me tt80 gold - I can screenie it if you don't believe me. I have the tt80 Gold bow (soulsmasher) on my archer as well, it wasn't bound until I equipped it.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Capped mine at 100, but I was a cata cleric at the time so needed all the hp I could get. If I could get my hands on a reset note, I'd probably go with 50 as well. Heck, if I had deep enough of a pocket, I'd do full mag XD

Long as I don't drop under 5k unbuffed I guess; I'd feel too squishy that way.
    b:dirty
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    XD i dunnob:laugh im lvl 49 and i have 45 vitality, 40 strength, 7 dexterity, and 168 magic. I dunno how much vitality i should have too XD cause ur strength seems really and doesnt seem like u can use some of ur magic wepons

Its your strenght to be a way too high, you have str to wear lvl 70 magic weapons (even more, since they need just 39), while you would only need 29 to wear lvl 50 general summer's magicsword...
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    why would 500hp be better than 1k (w/e) damage?

in pvp 500 goes down pretty quick if unprepaired and in pve its just 2-3 more hits, wouldnt it be better to kill your enemy before it kills you
  • Andross - Dreamweaver
    Andross - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    why would 500hp be better than 1k (w/e) damage?

in pvp 500 goes down pretty quick if unprepaired and in pve its just 2-3 more hits, wouldnt it be better to kill your enemy before it kills you

Try killing a vit cleric (100+ vit).
    Not going happen (1 on 1 anyway).
    And they still have the capability of killing someone else.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Soul Degeneration FTW. Your heal is useless then.
    edited October 2009
    Try killing a vit cleric (100+ vit).
    Not going happen (1 on 1 anyway).
    And they still have the capability of killing someone else.

holy b:shocked gonna restat for the 5th timeb:angry
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Soul Degeneration FTW. Your heal is useless then.

Heard of this thing called Purify?
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Hee hee, but most clerics don't do that and in the time you purify yourself I can amp you. In the end, I still win. Of course, I don't often get a cleric to duel me. :(
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Hee hee, but most clerics don't do that and in the time you purify yourself I can amp you. In the end, I still win. Of course, I don't often get a cleric to duel me. :(

Well the amp would cancel the degen out, meaning I'd end up purifying the amp instead :p Then again if you were in fox form, you'd be either asleep or frozen a long way from me.

Dunno, I never had much trouble with venos tbh. Could tank a 9x nix veno along with an archer and/or a bm in TW for quite a while, and that's without being healed, just relying on charm and plume shell and my 79s.

Imho a purge -> amp combo is far more effective than soul degen, since purge removes the IH stacks as well as our buffs. Follow up with a lucky scarab for stun and we're butter for a nix in that state (or another dd flesh reaming pet). Granted, if we manage to plume shell and purify the bleed before you drop us (relative to the hp of course) it's pretty much bb veno.

In a pvp, providing I have some chi to begin with, it's usually sleep the veno, plume shell for the pet, an IH or two to be safe and fire off a couple of plume shots or metal attacks, depending on whether I'm fighting an arcane or la/heavy veno. They hardly get an attack in.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    It also depends on the skill of the veno. I've purged a cleric who's been stacking IH + their buffs and they just restack like 50 IHs on themselves. That's why I chose the Degen. That's as good as Amp if they don't have their buffs on and think they can spam heal themselves till I die.
  • TangTang - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Well, I'm not funded at all, so I think that 50 vit would be a good idea, because instead of spending money getting citrines to shard into my armor I'd rather have some vit so I could be spending the money on charms and such.
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    am a full vit cleric and can tank any nix my lvl so far(when i was with little vit i used to die before i even press puri) + i can puri before it even bleed ticks or tick once and the dmg is not bad tbh buffed i get 5.2k hp
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It also depends on the skill of the veno. I've purged a cleric who's been stacking IH + their buffs and they just restack like 50 IHs on themselves. That's why I chose the Degen. That's as good as Amp if they don't have their buffs on and think they can spam heal themselves till I die.

a cleric who IH that much is an idiot =_= they should know that veno can debuff
    edited October 2009
    my bm only get 5.1k buffedb:shocked

7xb:surrenderb:cry
  • Echelon - Heavens Tear
    Echelon - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    a cleric who IH that much is an idiot =_= they should know that veno can debuff

Yeah I agree that cleric is dumb.......let the Veno Purge before stacking IH.....Go in for a quick kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Then I can just put Soul Degeneration on right afterwards. It's going to take you 1-2 pops of IH to stop and use Purify. In which time I'll have gotten your HP down enough that your IH won't matter gotten a stun on you. :( But like I said, I don't get many clerics to fight with me.