Don't you other clerics get annoyed when

Kagusa - Sanctuary
Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Hi fellow clerics I just wanna ask you if you get annoyed when you are in a dungeon fb bh tt whatever someone makes a mistake several mobs come and they all are running around out of healing range and your being attacked too and you do alot and finally somehow save them (or a similar scenario) and then everyones like "thank you blablabla(the tank) you saved us". I'm asking because I'm like saying to myself "what? what about thanking me if I wasn't here they were all dead".
Post edited by Kagusa - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hi fellow clerics I just wanna ask you if you get annoyed when you are in a dungeon fb bh tt whatever someone makes a mistake several mobs come and they all are running around out of healing range and your being attacked too and you do alot and finally somehow save them (or a similar scenario) and then everyones like "thank you blablabla(the tank) you saved us". I'm asking because I'm like saying to myself "what? what about thanking me if I wasn't here they were all dead".

Yes. but really long sentences are more annoying b:chuckleb:chuckle jokes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Darxtar - Lost City
    Darxtar - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ah nobody cares and know how hard is to be a cleric and sacrificeb:tired
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i heal the tank and maybe the sub tank. I let others die if they run out of range too much. Especially pple above lv75 i expect them to know how to act in a situation. Coupes times already in BH100s ive had BMs run out and try to solo mobs in FB99. Only to res them later. Wish brains lvled up as their character did.

....I do go my way for faction mates and friends tho :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i heal the tank and maybe the sub tank. I let others die if they run out of range too much. Especially pple above lv75 i expect them to know how to act in a situation.
    ....I do go my way for faction mates and friends tho :P

^ That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    bahahaha! xD Yes! If only people's brains were to level as quickly as their characters I wouldn't have such a problem with being in a random squad. As of right now I exclusively squad with faction mates and friends because of situations like these. In some cases the tank deserves a little bit of thanks with the saving but really, if it weren't for the cleric healing the tank to save you I doubt that it would have happened.

b:sad good clerics are so under appreciated.

And yes, level does not = good player. At least not all the time.
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I usually tell...scare everyone that I have level 1 revive (if I'm the only cleric in the squad) and everyone just turns out to be extra careful...sometimes. But in my experience, it's usually the tank who tries to take more mobs than they usually can which makes me leave them alone unless I really have to. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i heal the tank and maybe the sub tank. I let others die if they run out of range too much. Especially pple above lv75 i expect them to know how to act in a situation. Coupes times already in BH100s ive had BMs run out and try to solo mobs in FB99. Only to res them later. Wish brains lvled up as their character did.

Like u ran in the middle of mobs up front during my 89 o.O without warning ppl to zhen? & got the squad whipped out
    usually tell...scare everyone that I have level 1 revive
    I wish i could still use that excuse... but for some reason ppl don't buy it at 94 :/
    edited October 2009
    Like u ran in the middle of mobs up front during my 89 o.O without warning ppl to zhen? & got the squad whipped out
    i did say. Just the melees stood there for several sec just watching. That was the one single time and single squad that kinda lingered there even after BB was up, I remember it so well. I think some pple were even well above lv89 too, enough to have done this more than once. Every single squad ive been there with FBs and all the BHs i had in there, i never had that problem even ONCE. :P

Its like a FB99 BH. Last boss there are 4 huge mobs clumped together. When there is a Bm or Barb or hell even an archer/wiz that starts to leeroy into them, its common sense its gonna be zhen style. You dont watch, you move.

Also, we had a cleric that was LA and could only heal like a cleric 20lvs below him.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    i did say. Just the melees stood there for several sec just watching. That was the one single time and single squad that kinda lingered there even after BB was up, I remember it so well. I think some pple were even well above lv89 too, enough to have done this more than once. Every single squad ive been there with FBs and all the BHs i had in there, i never had that problem even ONCE. :P
    Oh are u talking about the 88 barb or the other one way below 89 that haven't had their 89s yet & never been to brim before?
    (Can't remember who else was in squad that time, i think 89 archer, overall I'm pretty sure almost the entire squad could have been marked as "n00b")

Also, we had a cleric that was LA and could only heal like a cleric 20lvs below him.
    huh? o.O who are u reffering to?
    edited October 2009
    Oh are u talking about the 88 barb or the other one way below 89 that haven't had their 89s yet & never been to brim before?
    (Can't remember who else was in squad that time, i think 89 archer, overall I'm pretty sure almost the entire squad could have been marked as "n00b")
    being noob in dungeon and being 'slow' are 2 diff. things. I was nub when i first did FB99 but i knew exactly what to do if tell tale signs showed.

huh? o.O who are u reffering to?
    b:chuckle
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yep, being a Cleric is most of the time a thankless job. We're pretty much underpaid and undeappreciated. Heh, if the rest of my squad ignore me and keep running and attacking out of my healing range after I warn them not to I just walk towards them and let them take a few hits to remind them how important we really are b:sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ppl that does stupid things in dungeon + no heals = dead + lvl1ressb:surrender = b:sin
    '
    or if done repeatly, ress > leave sqad > pk em all > repeatb:victory
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The funniest thing I saw was a L90+ BM saying he could tank one of the add for Belial with BB up. We had two clerics, one to BB and one to use IH on Barb. There was my recently leveled to 90 veno and maybe an Archer. I don't remember the set up exactly. The plan was for me to tank two adds and him to take one. However I ended with three, my herc dying, I would tank the magic one on myself until I got my herc up, by which point the BM was screaming for heals or to take one agro back. All of that while he was running away from the squad. He resulted in our party wipes many times.

b:chuckle Clerics own, mine will soon hit 60 and I'm so excited.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    being noob in dungeon and being 'slow' are 2 diff. things. I was nub when i first did FB99 but i knew exactly what to do if tell tale signs showed.

So is giving orders & making sure your party actually understood it & is ready o.O

Lol if you're trying to hint something about my built, you fail since I wasn't even LA then.
    edited October 2009
    So is giving orders & making sure your party actually understood it & is ready o.O
    You fail if you are trying to blame one person for the actions (or lack of) of others. If you had a problem back then grow some balls and tell me then, not one month later on the forums where you cant even see me much less my character move. Sometimes i wonder if girls actually have more 'balls' than men in online games since they are vocal right then and then. Is it easier for you to poke at pple if the only thing your seeing is just forum words from them?
    I see you walking around alot, so I'll make sure to contact you as soon as i see you ingame. I am MORE than willing to talk about it and you seem to want to say something unless you are just poking specifically at forum quotes for ill will.

Lol if you're trying to hint something about my built, you fail since I wasn't even LA then.
    I wouldnt consider anyone a fail if they just misquoted a build.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Also, we had a cleric that was LA and could only heal like a cleric 20lvs below him.COLOR]

Care to explain your hints then?

Oh & about that, I just don't like u b:cute
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The funniest thing I saw was a L90+ BM saying he could tank one of the add for Belial with BB up. We had two clerics, one to BB and one to use IH on Barb. There was my recently leveled to 90 veno and maybe an Archer. I don't remember the set up exactly. The plan was for me to tank two adds and him to take one. However I ended with three, my herc dying, I would tank the magic one on myself until I got my herc up, by which point the BM was screaming for heals or to take one agro back. All of that while he was running away from the squad. He resulted in our party wipes many times.

b:chuckle Clerics own, mine will soon hit 60 and I'm so excited.

LOL....best I saw was a high 8x barb and a mid 9x BM die in fb39.

That's right ---> DEAD

Was epic b:chuckle

You run too far and gather too many and think you do not need heals AND tell the Cleric not to heal....well what you expect.

OMG though...I had tears in my eyes it was soooo dang funny b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited October 2009
    Care to explain your hints then?

Oh & about that, I just don't like u b:cute
    rofl then i shouldnt waste my time explaining, your not worth my precious time ;P i havnt even talked to you online much less on the forums, how quick u are to judge.

Times like these im proud of myself. As much as i troll the forums i never put pple down in quotes just because "i dont like them', especially when i havnt even talked to them online ingame. All my posts are wholly based on discussion opinions.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2009

That's right ---> DEAD

You run too far and gather too many and think you do not need heals AND tell the Cleric not to heal....well what you expect.

b:chuckleb:chuckle

I have seen this exact same thing as well, pulling heaps of ranged life drain mobs FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009

That's right ---> DEAD

That happens more often than you would think. Mid 9x BM lures passage to first boss- aoe's like 30% of the mobs then asks for healsb:spit. I plume shell then heal... only to discover he doesnt even have a heiro. =_=

Pro runner never dies tho! b:cool
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Spankmepls - Dreamweaver
    Spankmepls - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009

That's right ---> DEAD

lol in FB39 (when my barb was lv 80 something maybe 90) i aggroed every mob from the start to the first boss and around the area the mosspirtes r ...i had no help killin them and no charm ...alot of kiting but i killed all of them [sry off topic i just had to share that]
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yeah I don't like it when Clerics change their role unannounced. I try to let them die if they don't wanna discuss our roles, unless they have lead then I might get kicekd out b:victory I also hate Clerics that turn a one man job into a dual one aka healing too slow. So many times I had to heal as well because they heal so slow it makes me wonder if they are senior citizens b:surrender
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Clerics can duo job just fine if we know our limits + our tank's limits :p The problem is that many clerics DD too much and then don't use rejuvenation when IH won't cut it.

Many times it *is* the tank that saves the day, since there's not much us clerics can do with a bad tank. I've gotten thanked a lot for sealing/sleeping aggros but that only buys time for the tank to do mob control. It takes a really good player to pay attention to everything around him and so I always thank the good ones x]

On the other hand, if the tank gets himself into a situation where I'd grab heal aggro on a mob I can't tank, the only thing I can do is let him die and revive him later. So yeah, imo a great tank > a great cleric, even though having both is the best n.n
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Its like a FB99 BH. Last boss there are 4 huge mobs clumped together. When there is a Bm or Barb or hell even an archer/wiz that starts to leeroy into them, its common sense its gonna be zhen style. You dont watch, you move.

Deceptistar has a point here. If people actually need to be told how to play their class, and this kind of strat has been done in the 6X range, then it is because they are bad players. Now as long as the BB mentions they are setting it, then the DDers should already be portioning off who gets what. A group that just stands around is part of the stupid creep from being used to having high levels run it for them. A BM should not need to be told to stun the mobs when they are clumped together. A veno shouldn't need to be told to bramble on the barb if it does invoke with AoE aggro after. Roles should be known by mid 60s, and people should know the signs to look for. A cleric should lead in Zhen slightly, and when they stop to start casting the others over-take them and have grabbed aggro before the first healing of BB would grab aggro to healer.

That's the way things have been done since last year. But alot of the posts that pointed out common sense things have been buried in the past, and people haven't bothered learning. Like some clerics in 8X range believe in standing at max heal spell range from tank before it catches. This is bad playing, as everyone should know a tank catches best by standing in the path of the mob. Use the skill before it reaches you, so the catch isn't missed. Usually just a bit of movement forward, but the cleric at max range is now out of range, and having to react after the fact. Whereas standing 2-4 m inside of max range means you can react to any positioning they do, and slowly work the way out to max. Or clerics who hang around a group so their heal party spell hits the DDs, and doesn't go with the tank. Again, DDs arrange themself or suffer the consequence. Cleric focuses keeping themself alive first, tank second. Anything else is nice extra.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    Myerling - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    oooh quite an outburst by Keeper of Twilight Temple. this is fun, i never knew you two have partied before. you guys should describe that run in more detail to me sometime b:laugh

and also, ooh at blue and pink swirlies in cleric avatar
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    When i didi my last BH 51 run some anoying things happend.
    We hade 2 tanks (61,63) 2 clerics (64, 69) 1 wis (mid 60) and 1 BM (67)
    Duo to some bad moves 1 tank tanked fushma while the 3 walkers came and joined the fight. The other tank run away. but when he noticed that no1 els ran away he got the agro of to of the walkers adn the cleric toke the agro of the 3rd walker. then I getin squad chat
    BM:BB
    Me:U leaving?
    BM:Blue bubbel
    Wiz Regen aura
    Cler:Not needed
    Me:If u need BB at Fushma ure a noob even I can tank him (have done that so know I can, was 68)

Cleric healed him self
    I IH and Well the tanks
    Tank 1 went down to 50% but that was because he toke agro on the walkers so DD and cler wouldnt get agro.
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I had a BH39 today with an almost rainbow squad (second veno instead of BM) and it went REALLY well, we had a good tank and a good cleric (me b:chuckle). BUT, the archer was aggroing just about everything that moved, which almost got our squad killed several times. Thank god the barb was a good catcher. But the archer was...SO annoying. However, he was white named, so after the BH me and the barb went white and pk'd him. It felt gooood (first pk for both of us). Bottom line, I hate people who aggro everything.

Still pink right now...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Har har. Good luck Death.

I dislike it when people tell me they want my HP/MP buff after I tell them it's L1 and not worth it. I dislike it when the squad does something stupid and expects me to save them. I'm an Attack Cleric. Not support. Don't get me wrong. I'll heal you if I feel like it. But my primary concern is keeping myself alive. I should make that more clear in my future squads. b:surrender I'm a bad FAC though. I have squad buffs just because I like the animations for them.
  • IStealFromU - Lost City
    IStealFromU - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Melee classes always run smack into a tea party of mobs and expect me to save them. Especially in FB99. I only have 1 heal. And it's level 1.

*Sees party wipe*
    *Turns head in other direction*
    *Whistles and walks away*

• Zeldagt - Dreamweaver
    Zeldagt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well usually there is at least one person in the squad who knew you saved the day.b:chuckle