Fist bm endgame armor

doommonkey
doommonkey Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Blademaster
Ok mock me if u will but im a LA fist bm and am in need of advice on the lvl 90 set i should aim for.

legendary or tt?

best combination of gear for the highest -interval?

what armor weapon combo do you use?

please include estimated cost and information on how to find the items.

axe drones please stay outb:pleased
Post edited by doommonkey on

Comments

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    first, restat to 270 strength.

next, get the full hh90 green set, with either 90 gold wrist or the 6x molder wrist with -.1 interval. fw fist, or modded fist with -interval on them.

I use fw fist, 90 gold wrist, and 90 green armour set. all heavy.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    first, restat to 270 strength.

next, get the full hh90 green set, with either 90 gold wrist or the 6x molder wrist with -.1 interval. fw fist, or modded fist with -interval on them.

I use fw fist, 90 gold wrist, and 90 green armour set. all heavy.

What he said.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doommonkey
    edited October 2009
    oh i have enough strr to use heavy lol but intend to continue wearing la ..i will however be adding the heavy wrists now can u please translate the rest of what u said to plain english or give me a key to work with.b:chuckle

will probly get heavyy boots to but i do intend to go la for my main peice simply cause undine strike dragon woln't onshot me that way

also will be using buddah peace was asking what other armor gives -'s

and finaly estimated prices and ideal shards for the gear i have described plz

thx in advance
  • prof
    edited October 2009
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2009

funny, thats what my build is gonna look like. except with light armour and a **** load more dex. i wonder how that will work out... but in any case, your 90 build was what i was going to aim for if my pure dex route doesn't work out the way i'm hoping.

btw, where does that remnant reflection ray drop from? thats a fist i haven't heard of before...

wait nevermind, thats the gorenox vanity (frostwalk). i'm getting those tomorrow no doubt.
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • prof
    edited October 2009
    most of the items I got lucky and found for cheap in the ah refined/stoned for me. saved a lot of time/money when I finally got it to 9x. others are just handed down(like my cape, necklace, rings) and have been used on previous characters.

I don't go pure agi because you really don't gain much more crit and lose a lot of damage. thus why 3-2 is my build.
  • Esque - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    doommonkey wrote: »
    oh i have enough strr to use heavy lol but intend to continue wearing la ..i will however be adding the heavy wrists now can u please translate the rest of what u said to plain english or give me a key to work with.b:chuckle

will probly get heavyy boots to but i do intend to go la for my main peice simply cause undine strike dragon woln't onshot me that way

also will be using buddah peace was asking what other armor gives -'s

and finaly estimated prices and ideal shards for the gear i have described plz

thx in advance

to answer your questions:

light hh90 green goes for about 2~2.5mil each piece thats fresh off the forges in lost city (with no added extras such as refining or shards). the lvl 60 light bracer will cost about 10 mill for the mold alone mainly because its a DQ item (25 copper, 25 silver). the lvl 80 bracers (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14026) require the sign of strength. i'm sure someone here could shed some light as to where one would be able to acquire it. so in this area, you'd be looking to pay anywhere between 14-16mill.

in my opinion, the ideal shards would probably be immaculate hp, p-def, or mag-def shards (personally, i'd go with hp cause in pvp as you'll never know what you'll be fighting against half the time). which ever you choose is pretty much up to you. how much they run for is something i'm not too sure of... i want to say about 1 mill per shard, but i could be horribly wrong so don't quote me on that. IF the shards are 1 mill each and assuming you have 4 sockets in each piece of armour (chest, legs, feet, and bracer), then it'd probably be about 16 mill.

the buddha peace fists are the same fists i'll be getting at 90, but i would definitely suggest you get something else whenever you plan on grinding. i'm sure the berserk would eat away at your hp like you wouldn't believe. no doubt i would suggest the gorenox vanity (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16110). i've seen the frostcovered sign go anywhere between 25-30 mill here on LC.

i hope that helps. if not, oh well.

• Esque - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I don't go pure agi because you really don't gain much more crit and lose a lot of damage. thus why 3-2 is my build.

well, theres no harm in going where no man has gone before (on this version at least). and true, i would lose a lot of damage, but honestly, i think 5% crit is quite a gain.

then again, i could also use a bow (blasphemy...).

• prof
    edited October 2009
    i'm sure someone here could shed some light as to where one would be able to acquire it.

arena event. not available in pwi.
  • Decus - Heavens Tear
    Decus - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    arena event. not available in pwi.

Not quite. The arena is event is not available, however badges of strength can be obained through City of Abominations.
  • doommonkey
    edited October 2009
    ok looked them up...vambraces of the leigon. they seem rather nice but how do i get mold? cant seem find it anywhere. (still a bit from lvl 90 arms so the'd be a nice addition to my gear)

how much to buy bagde of strength?

and what gear other than arm peices and weapons can have - interval adds? would like to somehow get it above -.2 w/o cyclone geni and hell spark

and slightly off topic how do i keep from taking aggro... tired of ripping the barb and dieing b:angry
  • prof
    edited October 2009
    hh99 is the only other item which gives -interval(2 pieces of heavy = -.05; or 2 pieces of light = -.05).

edit: I remember hearing about a cape with -.05, but I've never seen it. and I forgot there's a tome that came out with this event with -.05.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ok looked them up...vambraces of the leigon. they seem rather nice but how do i get mold? cant seem find it anywhere. (still a bit from lvl 90 arms so the'd be a nice addition to my gear)

how much to buy bagde of strength?

and what gear other than arm peices and weapons can have - interval adds? would like to somehow get it above -.2 w/o cyclone geni and hell spark

and slightly off topic how do i keep from taking aggro... tired of ripping the barb and dieing b:angry

A couple ways. Let the barb establish aggro at the beginning of the fight for awhile before joining in. Or when fighting hit esc and stop attacking for few seconds every once in awhile.

Other then that party with a higher level barb.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As Prof said, a true fist master must have 2 TT99 gold heavy, and 2 TT99 light pieces of equip. Light is usually made boots and wrists, heavy can be ornaments or the chest and leggings. This is where you have to choose what to sacrifice really. Lionheart necklace would mean no 5% max health boost with Atk lvl and Def lvl cube necklace. Means losing out on higher refine, and losing a mag def ornament slot. Same thing mostly with belt. LA boots means no +2% crit boots that are grade 14. So there is sacrifice, but fist master needs that extra -.05 interval.

Fists are Gorenox until 95, then swap to Deicide at lvl 95. For grinding Gorenox will likely be used for the health gain and damage boost it has.

Cape is the Lunar cape, add stats as well as -.05 interval; think level req for that is lvl 90.

Tome is currently Love: Up and Down for various adds in addition to -.05 interval. Later on there is a better scroll to get, but not added yet.

So, with all of these you are sitting at a base of 3.33 attacks per second without any speed buffs. Speed buffs are used to boost higher, a 26% speed buff is needed to boost .3 interval to be 5 attacks per second.

EDIT: Once you get fully geared, it doesn't matter how long barb has to take aggro, you will swipe it using even 2nd best weapon. Might have to use Dark Flash or Annihilators and pray the barb has some high refined serk axes :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • doommonkey
    edited October 2009
    ok names of these - interval peices please lol i keep looking at the TT 99 peices and cant find what your talking about lol.

i have never played on my server so please translate to plain english... if i understood these acronyms i probly wouldent have to ask for help b:chuckle

once again anyone know where or how to aquire those 80 bracers? (self spam ftl)

and finnaly any particurally cool/usefull combanations of skils/tips for pvp/pk when useing fists? specificly how does one stop a kiting archer with spark pots and wings of grace spam long enough to facepunch em ><

other than that thanks for the advice and for not letting this become another testosterone fulled axe vs fist debate (axes = wonderfull aoe and spike fists = godly dps yes i have both and love themb:dirty)

(god im posting on my own thread alot)b:shocked
  • prof
    edited October 2009
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3f1db5a1ba1717e2

tome is glitched on the calculator, otherwise it would be 3.33 atk speed

the wrist mold is dropped from an invasion boss. tricky to kill this 1, hits rather hard with its aoe. I'm unsure if pwi has invasions yet.

to kill runners:

roar > cyclone > count to 3 while punching > switch to axes, drake, switch to fist > punch to death
  • doommonkey
    edited October 2009
    with all due respect prof cause your advice to this point has been quite helpfull. the problem with that (thats my strategy lol) is the wings spam...b:cry

also plz stop giving me that calculator....it just comes up blank every time thx for the effort though

trying to ask intelegent questions and such sry if i ask a lot... just tryin to optimize me build n tactics b:surrender
  • doommonkey
    edited October 2009
    thankyou for links and hell if i know how but he's foud a way to keep up the buff whenever i close in. so what i guess im asking is what other stat locks can get through wing?

also i dont have it yet but ive herd bolt is wonderfull. i also saw a note on some sort of excedingly high dmg combo with it in a past thread. howerver seening as there is still no organized fist guide on the pwi forums (my dont count lol so plz dont send odinsguide again...it never ever opens on my poor comp) i have no idea how it would work lol.

seriously someone plz write a guide so i dont have to pester these poor people for answersb:chuckle

(edit) ok theres guides that mention them but they are horribly wrong

(edit...again) moreover where are guides for sword and poles? i would like to see warmachine style guides with in depth stat gear and tactic info for all bm paths we are not axemasters or fistmasters yes we gear ourselves to max the power of a specific weapon but why should we gimp ourselves by not taking all? we are BM's or warriors if u preffer the old term versitility = win

(still writing all over my own dam thread)
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hh99 is the only other item which gives -interval(2 pieces of heavy = -.05; or 2 pieces of light = -.05).

edit: I remember hearing about a cape with -.05, but I've never seen it. and I forgot there's a tome that came out with this event with -.05.

The cape with -interval is energetic robe lunar glade, has -.05 interval in addition to +6-7 of each attribute.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    thankyou for links and hell if i know how but he's foud a way to keep up the buff whenever i close in. so what i guess im asking is what other stat locks can get through wing?

also i dont have it yet but ive herd bolt is wonderfull. i also saw a note on some sort of excedingly high dmg combo with it in a past thread. howerver seening as there is still no organized fist guide on the pwi forums (my dont count lol so plz dont send odinsguide again...it never ever opens on my poor comp) i have no idea how it would work lol.

seriously someone plz write a guide so i dont have to pester these poor people for answersb:chuckle

(still writing all over my own dam thread)

For wings spam, you mean demon wings of protection, or Wingspan? either way, demon roar always hits successfully, drake's has good chance to hit. With demon that pretty much makes a stun lock right there. Heavens comboed with drake's so you don't lose too much time swapping back and forth. Also speeds up the final kill time.

Pwi names are the ones I used. HA is Lionheart's XXXX, la is Ashura's XXXX. Fists are Gorenox:Vanity (the gold one, not the orange one), lunar is Deicide. Tome is Love: Up and Down, cape is I believe Energetic Cape: Lunarglade. Boutique guy has the cape on display if you wanna check in Gear tab.

Our main thing is don't let the other player do anything. Demon roar will hit even someone with high evasion, if nothing else it buys time for your charm to recharge. Demon Atmos can always be used if you're missing too much before hitting Drake's or your main fist spam. We really have alot of utility in the demon branch for dealing with all kinds of difficulties that can appear.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yay figured out how to post my actual info/avatar (feelin like a noobb:bye)

ok thx but as u can see i 71 wings of grace as i said like 2 self spaming posts back btw (yes i know i shouldent pk till 80 but mistieless barbs...that is all)

im asking this far ahead because i dont sell gold so it'll take that long to build up the coinb:sad

btw demon path roar always hits yes but does that break through resists?
    (will go demon when i get there regardless)

crafting info on these gears would be nice to.

yes i ask alot of questions

(more self spamming)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Esque - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    *psst* Will of the Bodhisatva still makes you immune to stuns, no matter what.

even though that probably doesn't have anything to do with....well, anything.

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Good necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Heh, Josh has lvled 4 levels since 10-19-2009. :)

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010

^This. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010

b:victory

10char
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Y'know, that equals out to 1 level per month. Maybe on the forum, we should use the calendar of Joshcja.

"On this day, during the 73rd lvl of Josh, we beat TT 3-2" kinda thing :)

• Esque - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    whoa what the hell? all threads regarding me and pure dex should be buried forever. D:

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010

He still levels faster than me.b:sad

By the way Telarith, were you an archer in a past life?
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear