Does anyone else find that our class has been nurfed in power

Lightbane - Dreamweaver
Lightbane - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
Is it just me or have the past 20 updates taken a lot of wizard power away,
for starters theres of Phonix move

no longer does it knock back melee mobs in FBs, which is the sole point of a knock back. instead we are left to walk up to a ranged mob costing valuble seconds to push the dam thing away further.

i have also found that between 1 up date my skills weakened, pretty much over night. i was killing same mobs i had the same stats skills and armor, and yet it took twice aslong to kill the god dam mobs......

does any other wizard on any other server experience this problem. because im really close to sending an email to the PW team because, its wrong we cant knock back the mob that we need to keep of our backs

thanks all
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lightbane - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1. Phoenix does knock back mobs in FBs, just not all of them. Doesn't matter, anyway...
    2. There's a difference between normal mobs and increased life ones

Nothing has changed.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Lightbane - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    if the mob has to come to the wizard, it cant knock back but if its ranged you can... trust me been playing since MYEN, not that im boasting, im just wondering. i know 12 wizards who have quit game because a move that is ment to keep melee mobs of them doesnt which defeats the point of the move in an FB situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ffilteg - Sanctuary
    Ffilteg - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if the mob has to come to the wizard, it cant knock back but if its ranged you can... trust me been playing since MYEN, not that im boasting, im just wondering. i know 12 wizards who have quit game because a move that is ment to keep melee mobs of them doesnt which defeats the point of the move in an FB situation.

I find that just staggering.

And as far as I know nothing has changed I hit as hard as I have ever done.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    LOL

Learn to use distance shrink and force of will then. Besides, you have a party for a reason. If you die to FB mobs you're an idiot.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    he's 74. there is a endless sea of idiots at that lvl, and yes, no wonder he dies on FBs.

Lightbane - once you're past 80 and even more - past 90 u will get more survivability and the idiots around u won't cause you so much death. I'm alive in 90% of party wipes (when helping lowbies) and not because of my awsome gear or barb HP. Just be smart. If u can't , just quit because we're nerfed

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    whoa, im no idiot, ive played for a very long time, almost 3 years thank you, i barely die on fbs, the last time i did the tank and cleric went afk. when on myen and im in an FB if i get swamped by close ranged mobs, my knock back pushs them bck so i have 3 things:
    1- 2 seconds to pot
    2- a chance to take out at least 2 mobs
    and 3- aa chance to channel blade tempest.

my gear is really good all molds all sharded correctly...what my problem is... is the fact how come on 3 different versions of the game does the knock back preform as a knock back should by knocking back. how ever this client the knock back was taken away shortly after the age of spirits expansion and yet the only people who seem to notice that we can no longer do so quit to play ****, WoW and other such MMOS

I will never Quit perfect world or the wizard class. its clearly the pro class to play, in my opinion. soim leaving this thread now because people dont notice the little things that have been taken from there classes.

im sorry i broght it all up. but it was nice to see how short sighted people are and how well they know thier moves on the variety of mobs we are up against
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    for starters theres of Phonix move

no longer does it knock back melee mobs in FBs, which is the sole point of a knock back.instead we are left to walk up to a ranged mob costing valuble seconds to push the dam thing away further

Good god are you ****?
    PvE server ftw.....
    you guys fail at pve as well GGb:bye
    Quit.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    I notice no difference in how my mage does or reacts to things. 90% of the elites in this game cannot be pushed back, its always been that way, learn to use your seal.
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Dumbest mage in the history of PWI?

OMG QQ I CAN'T TANK FB MOBS!!!111111
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Dumbest mage in the history of PWI?

OMG QQ I CAN'T TANK FB MOBS!!!111111

Funny... I can. I can easily tank any FB mob my level. Granted, that's ONE mob, but that's with ease, and my own skills/pots. Not even needing a charm.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I dont see why you'd want to use phoenix in FBs in the first place, why do you have agro? oO I only use phoenix in fb19 to oneshot half of the dungeon with one attack.
  • Brab - Lost City
    Brab - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    He's whining that he's pulled group aggro. And if you can't tank one mob in fb while using pots. etc you should probably uninstall.
    edited October 2009
    i was tanking an fb boss and, the archers pulled 2 melee mosbs and my db pulled them off the archer, the cleric couldn't heal quick enough so, i droped the DB and phonix to get them off my back so the cleric could get a good heal. no such luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    im sorry barb, how long have you been playing, 3 seconds, as for the rest of you. i have played 3 years on various servers, MYEN, Brazil, International and China

1 of these clients is fail and its international as far as i can see, starters its the nuerfing, second is the prices, and 3rd and final. i am not **** i just know a lot about the game classes, because i pay attention, to each of my classes that i have played, including tide born which is cool by the way, not telling you guys. because you all think that Intenational is the only client when in fact theres more much more.... so STFU, learn to play and notice your characters before the change them again, because the will, trust me, they will
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Oh and FYI i can tank, all FB 51, 39, 29 19 and first 3 bosses of 59, so no its not my tanking wizard skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    He's whining that he's pulled group aggro. And if you can't tank one mob in fb while using pots. etc you should probably uninstall.

you sure do bark a lot 1 shot, what's crawled into your panties? b:shutup
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    im sorry barb, how long have you been playing, 3 seconds, as for the rest of you. i have played 3 years on various servers, MYEN, Brazil, International and China

1 of these clients is fail and its international as far as i can see, starters its the nuerfing, second is the prices, and 3rd and final. i am not **** i just know a lot about the game classes, because i pay attention, to each of my classes that i have played, including tide born which is cool by the way, not telling you guys. because you all think that Intenational is the only client when in fact theres more much more.... so STFU, learn to play and notice your characters before the change them again, because the will, trust me, they will
    Oh and FYI i can tank, all FB 51, 39, 29 19 and first 3 bosses of 59, so no its not my tanking wizard skills

lol fail
    You are definitely up there with the most fail n00bs of the game.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ur dumb... b:chuckle
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009

uhhh it may be just me but i dont think tideborn is out on myen, or any other version of pw. not sure cause i understand japanese so i kind of understand chinese but only half of it b:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009

uhhh it may be just me but i dont think tideborn is out on myen, or any other version of pw. not sure cause i understand japanese so i kind of understand chinese but only half of it b:surrender

P.S. Learn to play your class, i dont even use WotP. Mobs die before they get to me generally......and im LA >.>
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

P.S. Learn to play your class, i dont even use WotP. Mobs die before they get to me generally......and im LA >.>

They're not. The trailer for the Chinese version has been seen, but the classes themselves are not out yet. Fail noob is fail, and trying to make us think he isn't by invoking the almighty "I know things you don't" BS seen in pretty much every game. He'd be the kind of noob on gaming sites seen saying stuff like "I r unlock teh uber secret hidden awesum character!!!!1111eleven!!! i won't tell u, cuz u suxxors!!111eleven"

Just ignore the fail mage, move on with your daily lives, and enjoy the fact that you can do things this noob doesn't even have the capacity to dream about.
  • ChatX - Heavens Tear
    ChatX - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i was tanking an fb boss and, the archers pulled 2 melee mosbs and my db pulled them off the archer, the cleric couldn't heal quick enough so, i droped the DB and phonix to get them off my back so the cleric could get a good heal. no such luck

why would you be using DB at a boss? (im assuming thats Dragons Breath) Lazy much? Ive never used that skill at a boss...if do use it, its not when tanking a BOSS? You could have avoided pulling those mobs if you werent so lazy imo.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    why would you be using DB at a boss? (im assuming thats Dragons Breath) Lazy much? Ive never used that skill at a boss...if do use it, its not when tanking a BOSS? You could have avoided pulling those mobs if you werent so lazy imo.

ya you can just use an ult and hit to boss for 20k-30k easily
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well i haven't been playing this game for very long but i do think WotP should work on fb mobs, not bosses, but the rest at least. It kinda defeats the purpose of a knockback skill if it works on only half the mobs. It could be useful but its not right now so i dont use it =\. Feel free to flame now because Im a noob but i wont care to reply to you :)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Well i haven't been playing this game for very long but i do think WotP should work on fb mobs, not bosses, but the rest at least. It kinda defeats the purpose of a knockback skill if it works on only half the mobs. It could be useful but its not right now so i dont use it =\. Feel free to flame now because Im a noob but i wont care to reply to you :)

Not a noob. You're technically right. If it's a knockback, it SHOULD work on mobs, regardless of status. Size, of course, would make sense. The current setup is silly, as you can knockback bosses in FB19, which are fairly large, yet can't get something as fragile, and small as a ghoul off of you.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wizzies nerfed...ooooh i do wish b:sad

yall have me wearin mixed la heavy armor and refined maq def ornaments every time i pkb:shocked

so ya...wachin u stealin your secrest putting faith on my geni cause im tired of gettin willed lolb:chuckle

(dear go sutrad + dragon ....nuuuuuuuuu *recites litany against fear and uses balance)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    don't be so mean to the OP.
    =(
    it's not his fault that he's technically insane.
    Just because he failed on 4 different versions of PW doesn't mean we should make fun of him.
    (>.<)'
    also yea... playing on 4 different versions while doing the exact same thing in all of them does not make you experienced or good... it just shows how insane you are.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]