Grief's Breath v Ashura's Sign

Options
LadyVimes - Sanctuary
LadyVimes - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
Which of these would be better for a Veno, I'm not worried about the later weapons that they will evolve into at the moment.
Post edited by LadyVimes - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Get grief's breath, it leads to one of the better magic sword sets. In the end youll end up with Wraith Conqueror, which I was beyond satisfied with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • LadyVimes - Sanctuary
    LadyVimes - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I know it leads to a nice weapon but what about now, I have the opportunity to borrow one or the other now.
  • ClassySassy - Sanctuary
    ClassySassy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you're basing it on the sword that comes next, get Grief's Breath. If you don't plan on using the griefs to make the next level weapon via souledge, I would recommend Ashura's Sign. It also depends on your build though. I was pure magic and Ashura's Sign increased my damage a lot more than it would a light armor or vit build veno.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you're not worried about next evo, get a Saky light.
    b:dirty
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you're not worried about next evo, get a Saky light.

Agreed! This was the weapon I used and through running many TTs with friends and faction members I acquired enough mats to make both of the TT70 weapons.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sakyamuni's really nice feature is it's pdef, but it also has that useless evasion mod. It'd only be smart in my eyes only if you decided to go for the 80 glaive-> 90 glaive. They both in themelves are the most powerful set of the TT magic weapons offensively wise.

The 80 glaive doesnt require a 70 weapon, and has the highest of the 80 weapons in terms of magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sakyamuni has the highest damage out of all the L70 weapons, meaning comparing it to all of the TT70 weapons. The damage was all that was important to me because it factors into my damage that I deal and the heal on my pet.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The only way Saky's is more powerful than Ashura's Sign, is when refined. The grade lets it pull ahead by being level 10 instead of 9, base though, with stats ran on www.pwcalc.ru/pwi (45 str 310 mag to meet all gear reqs/has max mag possible at 70) youll see Ashura's has about 46 higher magic attack. With current gold prices, its debatable whether or not he/she should refine this weapon if any at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]