Between Class Customizations Preset Save Flaw

OVanceO - Harshlands
OVanceO - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
Ello everybody! First post yayyyyy. b:laugh Like anybody cares. :3

Anyways I got my char ovanceo up to 22. But as I was leveling, I was thinking I would like to play a cleric instead of an archer. So I could have both.... would be cool. So I made a cleric.... customized the char... but there's a major major problem... my preset is gone! b:shocked I spent about 15-30 minutes making my archer look exactly like me. (except for the limitations like neck/butt/hip size) But the preset that I put on my archer doesn't work on clerics! It would be awesome if the GM's or whoever makes the patches could fix this where all males and females (besides the venos and barbs) could have the same saved presets so you don't have to go through and make ANOTHER preset for a char if you decide to play a different role. Thanks for reading, and for now I'll stick with my archer unless this is fixed. b:victory
Post edited by OVanceO - Harshlands on

Comments

• Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    besides the venos and barbs
    Uhm why? Wouldn't be fair. Besides Humans who have no other extra features, Elves and Untamed have. Elves have wings, Untamed have ears/antlers/wings. I understand what you're saying though, I'd like my cleric to look exactly like my veno. Too bad it's not possible.
  • OVanceO - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Noooooo that's not what I meant. I just said except venos and barbs because a barb is only male and a veno is only female. I mean with the races that have both male and female. I want to customize a new cleric char, but I don't feel like doing all the details AGAIN that will take about 15 more minutes. I just want to click the preset button lol. But the preset that you make for that race/class stays in that race/class. I want it fixed. b:surrender
  • OVanceO - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    And also I'm not talking about the stuff that humans and elves only have like wings and ear thingies (whatever they are) and stuff like that. I'm talking about face details and body structure... you know. b:pleased
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Go into [PWI installation folder]\element\userdata\character\customize and there you'll see some folders as numbers. First number is the class and second is gender (0 male and 1 female). If I recall right, 60 folder is for archer customization, and 70 is for cleric (both male). You now just have to find the <name>.ini of your saved preset from 60, and copy/paste it into 70. When you restart game, and start cleric customization, you should find your old preset available for cleric as well...

Good luck...
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Aneemah is right, thats exatcly what I did with my alt Archer since hes a clone of my Cleric. But keep in mind that although the customization file may be the same the Cleric and Archer customizations are a bit different. The Archer had more defined features while the Cleric had a more rounded face even though they had the same file. No biggie, you just need to fine tune the character a little bit if you want them to be exact clones.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • OVanceO - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! b:laugh b:victory HEHEHEHEHE. :D But really, they should make it easier so you don't have to go into all of those folders.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ever think that maybe there's a reason they don't have it set up so you can transfer presets? also, going into those folders sounds like it's borderline "altering the game files", don't you think b:question

i've done this myself of course, but still, had to be said lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ever think that maybe there's a reason they don't have it set up so you can transfer presets? also, going into those folders sounds like it's borderline "altering the game files", don't you think b:question

i've done this myself of course, but still, had to be said lol
    Nah, a GM has stated on these forums in the past that this is perfectly fine to do. One sec and I'll find that quote b:victory
    Please note that modifying game files can result in Bad ThingsTM that can happen, like temp bans.
    Surtr wrote: »
    To clarify, moving them around is fine. Editing them is not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Nah, a GM has stated on these forums in the past that this is perfectly fine to do. One sec and I'll find that quote b:victory

lol yea, i was just being an **** b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:chuckle lol you could've spent 15 minutes remaking the character now b:chuckle
    b:shocked
  • OVanceO - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Lol I was worried for a second. b:laugh