Irritating bug in FB 51

drmarley
drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
If you RB on Rankar, his AOEs go from hitting 280s to 2500s. Its happened to me twice now and it is seriously getting irritating.
Post edited by drmarley on

Comments

• IDynasty - Dreamweaver
    IDynasty - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Does he Aoe? b:embarrass b:shocked
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Rankar has *two* AOEs. One, the long range one, is arcane, and will hit an arcane wearer such as a cleric, for the low 300s.
    The other is shorter range - and is physical, and yep, it;'ll hit for 2500+

You got too close, is all.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Rankar has *two* AOEs. One, the long range one, is arcane, and will hit an arcane wearer such as a cleric, for the low 300s.
    The other is shorter range - and is physical, and yep, it;'ll hit for 2500+

if you get hit by the physical, you get hit by the magical one too b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009

This

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wait, he aoes? Lol, last fb51, we killed him so fast he didnt even aoe once.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Wait, he aoes? Lol, last fb51, we killed him so fast he didnt even aoe once.

um... unless you 2-3shotted him, he'll have aoe'd lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is he like the fb69 bosses where the aoe's can be interrupted with proper timing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is it really a 2500+ aoe? I mean, even for an arcane that seems a bit high.
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Does fb69 guarnob have a similar AOE setup?

He sometimes hits me for 2.2k... his other aoe does like 600-700 damage.
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    Is it really a 2500+ aoe? I mean, even for an arcane that seems a bit high.

probably more like 1k-1.5k from phys aoe plus the 500 or so from the mag

also, one of his aoe's does more damage the closer you are to him (can't remember which one)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Is he like the fb69 bosses where the aoe's can be interrupted with proper timing?

Any melee mob or boss that has a mage attack can be interrupted. Some just don't have a channeling effect, watch their animations or count seconds.

Fat Lion in 2-1 solo used to be like that, then just when I got his AoE timing down, they made him AoE only and now I can't solo him. b:surrender
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There was a level 54 pure arcane cleric next to me, and his life was barely touched... I was 1 shot. I'm sure that wasn't the problem because this only occurs when I RB at the boss.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Speaking of aoe, the noxtouch poison guy in fb69 seems to have some random aoe too. Killed him a few times with no aoes at all, and sometimes he aoes 2nd/3rd hit.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For Rankar: AoE occurs after he does his 'Jellyroll Frontflip Stabbums Royale' (LOL jumping frontflip). At least for the long range one. Not sure if it's the same for the second...but I think you only have to worry about that if there are enough melee targets for him to smash in the face, since I've never gotten hit with that one. Dunno if that makes it interrupt-able though...

For Noxtouch: He pulls a Dismal every so often and poisons the whole group. Not entirely sure...but I think he has an increased channeling debuff one too? Don't quote me on that though. >_<
  • DayzFade - Heavens Tear
    DayzFade - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Most bosses that have channelled AoE's will do them at around 10 seconds apart along with an animation that's fairly obvious so long as you're watching for it.

Noxtouch has a small poison DoT that he casts right off the start along with a slowed channeling AoE.

For Garunob and Pole, the spell is visible at their feet with a red or blue circle that occurs every 10 seconds. Barbs, BM's, and even veno pets with shreik can cancel the aoe easily. Also for any veno's curious, lvl 5 shreik on a pet timed right, will cancel every aoe right at the interval because of the cooldown time.
    (personally tested)
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't know if I'm just a cancel-nub or my game lags, but I recently learned all my bm weapon skills including shadowless kick. However, even on bosses like pole and guar, if I wait until the animation and immediately hit the skill button, I carry on punching for 2-3 hits....pause a second.....then use the kick. By which time the animation is well channeled and guar/pole has hurled an aoe into my squad.

Is this normal or is it pretty much instant for you guys? The channel time on kick is a fraction of a second. I'm starting to learn to count seconds instead now, which works ok if I can time it.
  • DayzFade - Heavens Tear
    DayzFade - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is very normal, all physical attacks have a sort of timer and the game tries to round to the nearest whole value before starting the next skill attack.

The fastest way to get out the silence skill is to hit escape to cancel a current cast, or move and then cast. But if you can keep track, timing it for 10 sec makes it much easier so you can start the skill in advance.
  • Blood_Flow - Sanctuary
    Blood_Flow - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2009

From my experience you can cancel ANY skill even aoe from any boss/mob.
    Any thing I do wrong.. it is not me, but my evil twin.. Blood_Clotb:shocked
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Any melee mob or boss that has a mage attack can be interrupted. Some just don't have a channeling effect, watch their animations or count seconds.
    From my experience you can cancel ANY skill even aoe from any boss/mob.

Thanks guys - but I figured that - I was sarcastically making a point b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Oichii - Dreamweaver
    Oichii - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    fb51 second boss, the fat guy, has a long ranged magical aoe, hurts melee more and magical classes less and close ranged physical aoe that hurts melee little and magical like hell. so watch out if you are a magical class, just stay as far away from him as possible. and yeah his physical might hit an arcane user even in level 80s for 2 - 2.5k so watch out.