Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My friendslist went from 40-50 people constantly online down to 6..and they say "back by popular demand". b:shutup
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear
    Xiuhdragon - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Its like the more people leave the less people will buy gold from goldsellers, so in the end the got nothing to sell of anymore becouse people have stopped playing. Its sad to see new people struggle and give up in the end and that people that play for a long time stop also b:worried, but i keep hope things will be settled so it get balanced again, so we can have some fun, get people back to play and have some balanced economics in the game for all that want to play pwi b:pleased
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hmm all these posts and not one answer or reason as to why apart from the ones over players have said/assumed. The only post ive seen arew GM/Mods telling people to be quiet and what they are sayin is a bannable offence.

So GM/Mods why not just tell us whats going on? Is this thread off hundreds of post going to make a blind bit of difference or is it just for when people get bored of being ignored u can hit the delete button and remove all our points of view?

IMO we (the players) are the most important thing of the game and all games, ur meant to keep us happy and not just the big boss man who is throwing big parties and giving u all pretty little bonuses cause he is making lots and lots of money.

So far the the views are the same most people want them out and yet there still there, the people that want them are the people who sell gold, the reason is they spend say $20 and get 20 gold and sell at 500k each makes them 10m (20 x 500,500 = 10,000,000) so they dont even have to work for it, its been said that things in catshop are meant as luxuries and not necessities but in these damn packs u get end game gear which people have worked hard to get yet thats irrelevant as long as the big boss man gets his big fat check at the end of the month. How can players afford not to buy zen when u get 10m for just pressing a few buttons if u dont u cant afford anything no matter how much u grind and farm u cant afford to keep up. Another reason people want these in is so they can level faster because they dont have the time to play alot, so my point is why choose a game that u cant play properly as PW takes alot of time and effort....well it used to but maybe u wud be better suited to a nice simple game like idk tetris maybe? im sure if u open ya wallet u can get ALL the versions of it.

Anyway im done this thread is pointless, all the posts are pointless, no-one is taking note of our opinions they just watching to make sure we arnt flaming and that we are keeping things calm.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmph PWI is gonna fail just like MY is doing. Things got so bad at PWMY that to buy a gold charm its is like 5mil.. Gold is like 900k-1.5mil per one. The population there has gotten so low that now they will have to merge the 2 servers because Delphi is like a ghost town and there is NOTHING going on in the noob area's in Oracle. I can see this game going the same place. Because Just like PWMY they are only looking at the temporary picture. They want the quick money grab. Well when people quit that's the non cash shoppers (even the ones who are rich) all they will have left is cash shoppers (like they seem to want) But then they will have no one to sell too and they will also have EVERYTHING and the game will be boring as hell. Heh this Cash Grab Pack reminds me of playing on a Private server where you have as much use of the item mall imaginable and tons of coin to buy more. You play there get to a nice level. Then you get all the good gear then you pk for a few days then your board cause there is nothing to do.

I just don't see why when it comes to money these people only look at the temporary picture...
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well Exactly , that's what this game is all about now :( It's really sad that theres less and less what to work for ingame. . Theres Pay to play games out there , and they don't sell the win factor like this one Free to play is doing right now .. It was such a great game :( while it lasted b:cry
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Could the name of them be changed to "Halloween Packs"? And have the nightmare added to it....

Yeah that would be great...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    vbarbie wrote: »
    Well Exactly , that's what this game is all about now :( It's really sad that theres less and less what to work for ingame. . Theres Pay to play games out there , and they don't sell the win factor like this one Free to play is doing right now .. It was such a great game :( while it lasted b:cry

You're opinion changed in 1 page of posts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    PBerr, come back soon. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That's one reason why I keep encouraging people to have their friends come post here even if they rarely use forums, even though 784 posts seems like a lot, it's really less than 10% of the entire population before you even factor in people who are posting here more than once. b:shocked

While that's true spoons, the people who wanted the packs back on the forum are even less. So just where did PW get the "Back by popular demand"? That's like a slap to the face for most of us who gave our opinion. Apparently there was a game-wide vote that I missed? If so and we were out-voted, then that's fine, we'd just have to suck it up. But was there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • PromiseMe - Lost City
    PromiseMe - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol i quit because of these packs:( b:surrender b:cry
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    clearly theres nothing done about this. Im done with this game. You may see me online, but never will you see me charging a single cent into this again.

People will start leaving one day when the gold becomes 900k per gold. no point playing this anymore. cash shoppers will win because they can get money back in forms of ten million big notes while the non cash shoppers get nothing. Grinding / Matting is no longer able to sustain oneself anymore.

TW/PK/TT/FC for the rich, the poor cant even afford the charms... "i'm loving it"
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Seriously.. im still waiting for the "GONE! by popular demand" announcement but I guess once again the developers dont care about people who complain about their money making.

How does somone go through all these pages and pages of people complaining about this and just dismiss it?

So tired of getting 1 shotted by people ive never even heard of before because they just spent $100s on their character.

Shooting people to endgame with a "sale" is WRONG.

Wish more people would do something about it though. I guess theres just not enough hurt on their profit for them to care about people who dont spend their whole paycheck on the game.
    edited October 2009
    PW - Pay to Win

theres no point waiting for that DemonFox, the game is going down like the rest of the versions because the Devs are just as short sighted as PMWY. Im laughing at those who still pump their money into the game.

They get 10% of their money worth back in game and the rest of the 90% goes into Devs' paycheck.
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    honestly i think it has already done enough damage to the economy last event...it needs a break b:surrender

i know im not forced to buy the anni packs, and i wont...
    but it affects almost the price of everything else and ...ughb:angry

exactly my problem with it too,it affects everyone,even if you don't buy it,i think guardian angels lottery in the past was better idea,because only their prices went up,although actually when you think about it this event is not really that bad because getting just regular luck tickets means you can get for example flawless shards,it costs you about 480k and after event they'll go back to 950k so you are not left with absolutely nothing ,but what puzzles me the most is why you mention all that inflammatory stuff while asking players for their input about this event,sounds like deep down you know that there are a lot of people ticked off about it
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Trust me im not holding my breath over it. I know its not going to happen but absolutely 0 action has been taken.

Theyre not even kind enough to help out non cash shoppers this time by 2x exp weekends. This time its just pure greed and its just eating at me day by day. I know its getting to other people too, thats why you see post after post of people saying "im quitting" or "im not paying these people any more money." Right now theyre catering to the extreme cash shoppers and turning a bind eye to everyone else, even if they do spend money on the game on a regular basis.

I dont get why the people who are paying $100s-$1000s on this game dont save their money and just develop their own game that they can shoot their characters to the end to flop around their e-pen. It would prolly be less money then theyre spending now and if they wanna be like PW they can charge the hell out of people for items and make a profit. Or hell go buy an account in another (array of un-nameable games) thats already got a maxed out toon. That way youd only spend a 1 lump sum instead of having a whole month (or 2) to pour paychecks into.

This game is becoming too much pay and not enough play. People WILL quit. Your reputation WILL be smeared. Why arent you doing anything about it PW?

b:surrender
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    OMG look at what i found when checking my email. Perfectworlds new advestisment

Pay2Win.jpg
    edited October 2009
    exactly my problem with it too,it affects everyone,even if you don't buy it,i think guardian angels lottery in the past was better idea,because only their prices went up,although actually when you think about it this event is not really that bad because getting just regular luck tickets means you can get for example flawless shards,it costs you about 480k and after event they'll go back to 950k so you are not left with absolutely nothing ,but what puzzles me the most is why you mention all that inflammatory stuff while asking players for their input about this event,sounds like deep down you know that there are a lot of people ticked off about it

nope, it wont bounce back to 900k. too many people have stocked up on these flawless shards. And it would take at least a few months for the stocks to clear out. Anything can happen between a few months.

Price of flawless will rise, but not to the price level before.
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    maxicruel wrote: »
    The unempoyeed guy do have some extra time in the game and putting a lot of effort in it. He cant afford to buy Zhens, but he can work for coins.
    With his hard work he do actually take the game forward and the gold he needs he buy from goldsellers. But if the price rush to far up he dont want it, due to the amount of time it takes to do it. Spend 10 hours for one gold or 100 hours....
    Then he might quit or play lesser = lesser money to PWI in the end. Even if this guy dont directly put his own money in.

No way and I'll tell you why. If I am PWI and this ever happens, guess what I am doing? I am purchasing the gold myself and giving the goldsellers ingame coin at market value this will keep them happy and buying more gold. I have wondered myself if this does not go on already. Cause honestly why not?
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think the problem isn't people getting stuff without doing anything ingame. They charge zen, they should have a bit of an advantage, right?

The real problem is the price of everything... Tell me, what lvl 40s have 3mil coins to buy a mount? I couldn't save 500k when I was that lvl.

If prices were to drop a bit to the point that you could grind and save money to buy something nice in the end, it would not be so bad. The fact that people have better gear and stuff that I'll probably never get doesn't ruin my gameplay, but having to keep up with absurd prices is getting harder and harder everyday.

It's simply a greed problem... Don't think there's anything dev's or gm's or whatever, could do to fix it... Price cap on gold maybe? They wouldn't do that... Would probably upset the cash shoppers...
    Call me San.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    as said by someone else

PWI = Pay2Win Internationl b:victory
  • Grayroses - Heavens Tear
    Grayroses - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have never used real money for this game and I have no intention to do so (bills need to be paid, I'm still young and need to take a vacation sometimes and money are not overflowing). Instead, I play pretty much and make enough in game coins to buy each month over 100 gold, if I want to. But ... I refuse to buy any aniversary packs, since it's a gambling system, not efficient. I'd rather buy charms and other things I need from boutique than gambling my hard earned coins. Anniversary packs have a bright side too, they make some items reachable in game, by buying with tokens.
    First time I saw that they are back, I was simply astonished, then enraged, but I calmed down and continued playing the game without offering a single coin for packs. My 2 cents are: if you like to compete in this game, use loads of dollars or you won't stand a chance in pvp, even if you know how to play your toon. I am not TW-ing anymore, not pk-ing either, just playing with friends and my faction (after all this game is a chat in colours and a way to relax).
    Forum trolls are **** beings who find pleasure in picking on other forum users,trying to bully them. Probably kids or antisocial people, feeding themselves with burgers,chips and soda, 23/7 in front of a PC, they are trying to release their frustration through moronic posts. My advice for them is:get a life (girlfriend,job,pet) or visit a **** site to release your anger and hate due to lack of parental love in childhood. Have fun!
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's simply a greed problem... Don't think there's anything dev's or gm's or whatever, could do to fix it... Price cap on gold maybe? They wouldn't do that... Would probably upset the cash shoppers...

I don't see why it should upset them. I mean, even in the 100k days, players were still charging zen. The company wasn't exactly in dire financial crisis either. 100k went a lot further back then. Simply having a TT set with beautiful or flawless shards put you in the high end bracket, and the only real investments you looked at were 3-4 mil here and there with maybe the odd 10m super-rare item. GX was 50m, herc was 20m, and that's really as expensive as it got.

Now you see players tossing around hundreds of million casually. Few frost rings, scroll of tome, frost weapon. Sure, few 1.5m charms while you're at it. Stack of 100k GA's, few million per TT mat for your set.

Btw, am I the only one finding myself losing motivation to play anymore? I find myself logging in, doing wq or bh, mebbe a tt or something with friends....killing a few livestock in boredom then switching off to do something else. I feel like I should grind or try earn a bit of coin...then remember the actual price of everything I want and can't be bothered.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    +2 this. This event gave birth to wizzeled on sanctuary. By far the most undeservingly arrogant jerkoff our server has ever seen.

"I attacked you with my wallet and you died. Noob."

True quote^^

well 2 things will happen for those cashshoppers for SURE:

1 - Since they dont have any skill, when people get the same end gear they will pwn cashshoppers

2 - The end, I mean game is over, then we can laugth on the face of people that wasted 1K money or more.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    I don't see why it should upset them. I mean, even in the 100k days, players were still charging zen. The company wasn't exactly in dire financial crisis either. 100k went a lot further back then. Simply having a TT set with beautiful or flawless shards put you in the high end bracket, and the only real investments you looked at were 3-4 mil here and there with maybe the odd 10m super-rare item. GX was 50m, herc was 20m, and that's really as expensive as it got.

Now you see players tossing around hundreds of million casually. Few frost rings, scroll of tome, frost weapon. Sure, few 1.5m charms while you're at it. Stack of 100k GA's, few million per TT mat for your set.

Btw, am I the only one finding myself losing motivation to play anymore? I find myself logging in, doing wq or bh, mebbe a tt or something with friends....killing a few livestock in boredom then switching off to do something else. I feel like I should grind or try earn a bit of coin...then remember the actual price of everything I want and can't be bothered.

then they should really put a price cap on gold, it would fix everything...

and yes, I'm losing motivation too, I actually uninstalled the game, but my friends made me come back -.-
    Call me San.
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The price cap is 1mil O.O

Once the packs are gone again, the gold prices will go down. Yes, nice items are floating around but everyone wanted something from the cash shop that would help them out like the venos, eh?

Or are we forgetting that whole forum flood with "Why do they get good things from a cash shop and not us?" from not too long ago?

Now that it's here, you people hate it.

The grass is never greener.

That is all I have to say. Next time think before you whine about what others have, it may become worse. Lesson done, hopeful learned. It's just a month, deal with it.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is the way I explain things.

To Devs/GMs and the rest of PWE:

I was suprised with the packs coming back. It certainly put up a fuss. Perhaps, not making them come back for a Round 3. The player base will feel like you aren't listening to them. And I recommend a poll for new adds so no more trouble will come about (That poll on the main page still has that media thing on it).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    jokerxdude wrote: »

too much... let's see... a panther for... 7.5mil coins? I'm lvl 85 and never had that much.

there's just no balance that way, ingame currency has to have it's value too.

miss those days when gold was 100k each, was just perfect. pw had balance, prices weren't crazy.
    Call me San.
    edited October 2009
    I have never used real money for this game and I have no intention to do so (bills need to be paid, I'm still young and need to take a vacation sometimes and money are not overflowing). Instead, I play pretty much and make enough in game coins to buy each month over 100 gold, if I want to. But ... I refuse to buy any aniversary packs, since it's a gambling system, not efficient. I'd rather buy charms and other things I need from boutique than gambling my hard earned coins. Anniversary packs have a bright side too, they make some items reachable in game, by buying with tokens.
    First time I saw that they are back, I was simply astonished, then enraged, but I calmed down and continued playing the game without offering a single coin for packs. My 2 cents are: if you like to compete in this game, use loads of dollars or you won't stand a chance in pvp, even if you know how to play your toon. I am not TW-ing anymore, not pk-ing either, just playing with friends and my faction (after all this game is a chat in colours and a way to relax).

Please note that as you are lvl 97, money making is probably not a problem to you. Esp when you are a veno. However, for all those non venos below lv 60, getting a mount is nearly impossible without charging zen
    edited October 2009

Once the packs are gone again, the gold prices will go down. Yes, nice items are floating around but everyone wanted something from the cash shop that would help them out like the venos, eh?

price cap doesnt mean a thing. people can sell out of AH, where noone can control the price market

Once packs are gone, they will introduce other sales. Warsoul sales, GM sales, who knows. When the first aniversary packs were released, people consoled themselves, things will get better after the sales. Did it? no they came up with the 2nd ani sales after just 2 weeks. do the mathes, after 2 months christmas warsoul sales will come
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was saying that is the current price cap on the gold pricing, San (Just saw your sig lol). You said in your prior post on how gold needs a cap.

The panthers are worthless. No one is going to buy that. I just sold that thing of the regular price. The person wasn't that high in level. They needed it more than I needed extra coin.

True about the continuing sales, but the gold prices dropped when the packs left the first time. And then there was another sale, but the prices remained steady. I doubt there will be warsoul give out. That's like giving a person a video game and the only thing a player has to do is pop it in the system and it says You Win!

I believe they are doing the second sale to make more gold flood in so when the packs are gone, the gold will go to 100k-150k. At least, that is what I see. The constant sales making more gold go in the game so Supply is greater than Demand. Thus lowering the cost of gold.

The packs were the only sale that was very effective in bringing in the gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
    edited October 2009
    I was saying that is the current price cap on the gold pricing, San (Just saw your sig lol). You said in your prior post on how gold needs a cap.

The panthers are worthless. No one is going to buy that. I just sold that thing of the regular price. The person wasn't that high in level. They needed it more than I needed extra coin.

True about the continuing sales, but the gold prices dropped when the packs left the first time. And then there was another sale, but the prices remained steady. I doubt there will be warsoul give out. That's like giving a person a video game and the only thing a player has to do is pop it in the system and it says You Win!

I believe they are doing the second sale to make more gold flood in so when the packs are gone, the gold will go to 100k-150k. At least, that is what I see. The constant sales making more gold go in the game so Supply is greater than Demand. Thus lowering the cost of gold.

The packs were the only sale that was very effective in bringing in the gold.

Am i right in saying your point is that this event is a coin sink? to make people pay high for coins and drain away their coins?

i wish this was the case too. However i doubt it is true. Pefect tokens of best luck = 5mil injected into game everytime someone won it. And throughout the day i've been seeing more than 20 of such messages = 100mil injected.

And there is no true sink, the money just underwent transfer of hands. However the coins are still there. GOld prices can never go down because people with several hundred millions will care less about paying more for 1 gold.

There is no outflow of coins, only inflow of coins through perfect tokens of luck
This discussion has been closed.