Genie characters - illegal?

Vive - Lost City
Vive - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
I know some people make characters just for genie's, but does this go against the terms? I know just read the damn thing, but it gives me a headache as I'm not a native english speaker.
Post edited by Vive - Lost City on

Comments

• Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know some people make characters just for genie's, but does this go against the terms? I know just read the damn thing, but it gives me a headache as I'm not a native english speaker.

well not really, you have 5+ (cant remember exactly o.O) char slots to do what you want with them, other thing is if they do indeed do this, they have to wat 164hrs (1week) for the genie to go trade ready mode to trade.
  • Vive - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I know that it takes a week :) just wanted to make sure I wasnt going against the terms in some way
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know that it takes a week :) just wanted to make sure I wasnt going against the terms in some way

imo its just easier to get 3 mirage stones for a new one o.O
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Anyone who build their character entirely around genie skills fails at playing that character's profession without them (in my opinion).
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think you missunderstood:-)

You can make 5 characters and get a free genie with em. Then trade them after a week, send to main char and delete alts. Make 5 new etc..

Makes you 300k a week I guess.
  • Vive - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    I know, but atm I'm lvl 71 and would like a good genie now, I dont see anything wrong with that. And I know it just costs 3 mirages, but I'm trying to save up for refining, I know dragon orbs and all, but they are kinda out of reach for me. It just takes a little more time :) but I can be patient.
    I personally dont think it's hard to make a generic new character, go to watcher of the earth, and recieve a genie o.O takes 5 minutes. (I'm a cheapskate >.> )
    I've played my whole game without a genie, except for the occasional holy path (which honestly saved my **** many times in the swamps when my pet unsummoned)
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    actually u can have up to 8 characters on one acct. as far as being against T.O.S im not entirely sure it would seem though a person could make and create any character they wish then delete them at will if they desire otherwise why have the ability to delete a character as an option if u are stuck with wat u created to begin with.i have seen many new low lvl characters farming grease and other low lvl mats if having a toon for sole purpose of getting a spare genie on occasion is against T.O.S I should hope that making repeat low lvl chars for the sole purpose of farmin grease etc is also against them since they are essentially the same thing u are just "farming" a different type of mat.
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I'm a native english speaker, and reading legalize like the ToS still gives me a headache. b:surrender
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksnipersalt
    darksnipersalt Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It would take like two weeks to do that though. 1 week to move the genies to trade ready, and anothet to delete the characters.
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Technically you could make 10 accounts, 8 characters on each and get a free genie from the lot. Rinse and repeat every few weeks. Since making multiple accounts isn't illegal (as far as I know) you have to wonder if doing this is.

Hopefully isn't legal, would likely create a strain on the servers if they got filled with millions of "genie accounts"
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Shh! Your giving Dvorak ideas!
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf