PWI fair atm?

dawhitemage
dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Chronicles
from this thread
now Featuring A Poll!!!
in The Beginning Of The Start And Mid-point Of Pwi Alot Of People [cashshoppers Or Not] We On A Fair Level And The Game Seemed Balance. Pwi Was Just Starting And Though Things Were Getting Implented Slowly - Everything Was Good Game.

You Could Grind In-game, Level And Make Money And Use Things Off Boutique More Often. Remember Those Days? The Days Where You Could Grind And Put Some Money In The Bank To Build It Up For Something Nice?

And When The 70-80 And Even 90s Showed Off Tt Gear You Had More Drive To Level And Farm Because Those People [most Of Them] Worked Hard For Their Gear And It Was Really An Accomplishment. People With Misties, Calamities, 90 Gears Were Looked Up To Cause Of Achievement. It Was Worth Busting Your **** For Things In This Game, But Is It Anymore?

One Day - The Cost And Chip Prices On Very Valuable Items From Mysterious Merchant Drops - Now Everybody Who Wants To Free-**** Their Way To Good Gear Gets Them For Cheap, While Others Spent Time And Money Gathering Wines And Farming Those. Then Dragon Quest Rewards [the Horses] Become Easy Toget For 20 Gold - Something Esle That Took Time And Probably Money To Get Too . The Sense Of Accomplishment Dimished Greatly. Then People Realized Things Like Frostland And Lunar Were Great Gears And If Anyone Were To Able To Farm Those You'd Be God. But They Added Anniversary Packs That Basically Let You Have Those Without Working For Those. Where's The Sense In Accomplishing Anything Anymore After That? End Of The Day What's The Point Of This Mmo Anymore? Nothing. Whats To Work For ? Nothing.

The Unbalanced Part Comes That After The Above Stated Items Were A Click Away From Boutique - The Cashshoppers Really Took Over. The Ones Who Spent Alot Of Money Outshadowed The Ones Who Grinded In-game For Gold Or Spent Money On Zen For Casual Amounts Of Times. Those People Now Have Great Gear [that They Really Bought Instead Of Earned] And Have A Advantage Pking Wise, Pve Wise. These People Also Lead Gold To 400k+ Now, From The 100-120k Average It Was Doing Great At. People Who Have Tt90 +3-5 Can't Always Compete With Someone Who Has Tt90 +5-7 With Lunar Weapons, Ornaments, Warsong Ornaments And More. Say What You Will But It's True. If The +3-5 People Want To Get To +6 Or Even +7, They Can't Do That In-game, So What's The Fun In This Game If You Can't Keep Onpar Without Spending Alot Of Money?

The Fun And Sense Of Accomplishment In This Game Has Gone Down And While It May Be Fun To Some, Others Disagree.

What's Tw Nowadays When You Can't Always Afford Charms, Pots? It's Not As Competitive It Gets Frustating. When You Want To Level To 100 Quicker , Rebirth Is An Option But Without A Hp Charm Chances To Survive Just Aren't There.

This Game Has Become A Playground Of Who Can Throw The More Money And Doesn't Care For Its Fanbase In The End.

I Just Want To See What People Think Or Believe If This Game Is Balanced Or Fair Anymore, Cause I Don't. And If The Sense Of Accomplishment Is Still There.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
Post edited by dawhitemage on

Comments

• Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bring on the double standards.

I voted fair because people complain about an optional feature of the game. It's optional, and if you want it too, then you got it. You have every chance of getting the same as everything. It's their business, not mine, and it won't ruin my gameplay one bit. It can make people better than me, pvp wise perhaps, but wasn't there a huge argument about PKing and how a bunch of people just profuse their argument to simply be 'bad luck', 'QQ', or something or the other.
    Hard work is a self pleasure.
    Finding out someone got something better than you in a click is their downfall and will miss out on what you have achieved.

That's my opinion on things. Otherwise, the game is fair and balanced. Every class is fairly played out. Checks and balances. What's that? The barb is weak against magic? Oh wait, we've got a magic shield. What's that? The archer can't take much of a hit? No problem, high dodge rate and we have a plume shell.
    It's all on you players.

(To the post below me: Oh yeah, me too, /inb4close)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    inb4close
    they gonna shut this down
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's really nice when you've finished farming for your hh/tt90 gear. It feels like you've accomplished something. Then when you see all the gear ppl are getting from the anniversary event, you want it, cuz it's better than what you have. The thing that bothers some people is that all people have to do to get it is to charge money to their accounts and get lucky.

Cash shopping is all about getting an edge for no ingame work. I have no problem with that at all. What I do have a problem with is that when what you can get is so highly valued for seemingly very little effort that it messes up the games economy making it hard to accomplish anything without cash shopping.

What confuses me the most, is that some hh/tt mats like broken drums (hh/tt60 mat) increased in price by almost 6 times it's original price before the anniversary event. How many people do you think made over 100mil on this event? One thousand players in each server? Two thousand? Five? If there were 5,000 players from each server that made over 100mil from this event, that's still a very small percentage of players. At one time I heard met the 1million player mark at one point. I don't know if that has gone up or down. Twenty-five thousand out of 1 million is 2.5% of the players. How many of them do you think are trying to get hh/tt60 gear? Probably not many.

I guess as I think more about it it doesn't confuse me that people would jack up the price of stuff that those 2.5% of players would never buy. All they want to do is buy gold and hope to get lucky.

With the inflation of prices, it becomes impossible to experience things at the higher lvls without stuff like good gear, charms, and friends to help you out along the way. TW, farming mats for gear, and grinding all takes recources. It's hard to make money from grinding when then expenses get higher than the profit gained. It's hard for guilds to supply themselves for tw when charms cost a lot. It's hard to farm mats in instances like hh/tt when the expenses are so high that very few people are willing to help you.

I think that this game is becoming unfair because it is changing from a free-to-play game to a game where you have to cash shop to experience the parts of the game that are "free" to everyone.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Its not a question of fair. Like the dude said above, you have the same opportunities as everyone else. You just have to pay for them, which is what the game turned into: a paid game.

The word you're looking for is 'unrealistic'. Before, the game was balanced. Now, a regular player has absolutly no chance of achieving the goals a cash shopper can, gear-wise (which is all we have, since there are no skills involved in PW's pvp nor the possibility of creative builds stat-wise). Boutique went from a tool to make a player's life easier with charms, mats, angels, etc, to a illegal gambling system with unnobtainable gear as prize.

The essence of the game has been lost, you can be sure of that. Lets hope tideborn brings to this game some real game events and entertainment, as opposed to gambling events and predatory sales.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Its not a question of fair. Like the dude said above, you have the same opportunities as everyone else. You just have to pay for them, which is what the game turned into: a paid game.

The word you're looking for is 'unrealistic'. Before, the game was balanced. Now, a regular player has absolutly no chance of achieving the goals a cash shopper can, gear-wise (which is all we have, since there are no skills involved in PW's pvp nor the possibility of creative builds stat-wise). Boutique went from a tool to make a player's life easier with charms, mats, angels, etc, to a illegal gambling system with unnobtainable gear as prize.

The essence of the game has been lost, you can be sure of that. Lets hope tideborn brings to this game some real game events and entertainment, as opposed to gambling events and predatory sales.

im totally agreed with you.
  • RockWolf - Dreamweaver
    RockWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    does anyone know how to make 3 star weps
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    does anyone know how to make 3 star weps
    its best to buy from somone or from Auction House but to make it you basically make normal gear and hope for the best lol
    or also u could do dungons urlv XD some of that stufff is gooooood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Its the only thing that people are still hanging around for.
    I can totally imagine a gamble pack that costs 2 gold each that has a 0.1% of getting a tideborn weapon. Either you open it, or you get stuck with no weapon at all, ftw!

/sacarsm
    /exaggeration
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Whoever wrote that original post needs a lecture in proper grammer. We Dont Talk Like This In English, Because It Makes Us Look ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Whoever wrote that original post needs a lecture in proper grammer. We Dont Talk Like This In English, Because It Makes Us Look ****.

wai u capitalize every wurd in yoar sentinse? b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wai u capitalize every wurd in yoar sentinse? b:chuckle

(O.o)
    teh hamster spake like tat because he learnz his engrish from teh interweb.
    =O

b:chuckle

okie back on topic. (>.<)
    me say this is one of the fairest F2P games me has ever played. And me has played ALOT of free mmorpgs. And quite a few P2P as well. (^.^)'
    Don't be sad just because your too lazy to get your own gear and items.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Twenty-five out of 1 million is 2.5%

You maths has room for improvement :P
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You maths has room for improvement :P

Agreed.
    b:thanks

lols

Now enough with teh QQ~ more with the pew pew so you can fight those cash shoppers on even grounds.
    =D
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Twenty-five out of 1 million is 0.0025% of the players, I think/badmath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It is not totally unfair at this point, since I've experienced that in XXXXXXX but if they keep this up...
  • Lanfo - Sanctuary
    Lanfo - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bring on the double standards.

I voted fair because people complain about an optional feature of the game. It's optional, and if you want it too, then you got it. You have every chance of getting the same as everything. It's their business, not mine, and it won't ruin my gameplay one bit. It can make people better than me, pvp wise perhaps, but wasn't there a huge argument about PKing and how a bunch of people just profuse their argument to simply be 'bad luck', 'QQ', or something or the other.
    Hard work is a self pleasure.
    Finding out someone got something better than you in a click is their downfall and will miss out on what you have achieved.

That's my opinion on things. Otherwise, the game is fair and balanced. Every class is fairly played out. Checks and balances. What's that? The barb is weak against magic? Oh wait, we've got a magic shield. What's that? The archer can't take much of a hit? No problem, high dodge rate and we have a plume shell.
    It's all on you players.

(To the post below me: Oh yeah, me too, /inb4close)

Well said bro well said n i too vote fairb:victory
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    me say this is one of the fairest F2P games me has ever played. And me has played ALOT of free mmorpgs. And quite a few P2P as well. (^.^)'
    Don't be sad just because your too lazy to get your own gear and items.
    I see. So you're a regular player that never bought gold with money and managed to buy all lunar gear and refined it to +5~12 with prime/savant stones, yes?
    You're my hero.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damnation
    damnation Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009

always gona b some1 talkin trash.

im a new pwi player and i have played many mmorpg's with "item mall" features and they are all corrupt alike. only thing i can say is find a free game cause any game that involves real currency will end up just like this.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Twenty-five out of 1 million is 0.0025% of the players, I think/badmath.

Sorry, I forgot to put in the word thousand after 25. If you had read the whole post you would have got it. I'll edit it.

For you, I think bad reading.
This discussion has been closed.