Faction Inventory

UltimateZed - Harshlands
UltimateZed - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
Hello all, this is UZ.

Well me an my faction was chatting about how we should collect all mats, even if not our craft. Like an apoth should collect smithy mats aswell as there is always someone in th faction who might need it.

So we were thinking and got an idea, what if there was a faction inventory. Like one that can be used from the banker. But by all the faction members...

It will contain the list of all transactions made, and to prevent new members from taking everything and leaving, it may also be a privilage to use the function, so only trusted members can use it.

Then we can all store items that the others in the faction may need, it should enhance teamwork alot. Example, I am searching for Animal Furs, but a higher lvl character cant find much since the drop rate would be very low. A lower lvl faction member who has extra or doesnt need them can store in the faction inventory. The inventory itself might have storage spaces like the bank, and can be extended with something... thats upto the PWI higher ups. :)

We thought it would add something new to the experience.

Thanks, for reading.

From the members of Anabolic.
Post edited by UltimateZed - Harshlands on

Comments

• Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    one bad thing about that lest say 1 preson is going to leave the guild they can take all the iteams and run you know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    great idea, but too much conning will be going on if this idea was added. i myself suggested something along these lines but after really thinking about it.... no. b:surrender unless there is some sort of penatly for stealing the mats no way:/ BUT what you CAN do is have your guild leader make an alt or two and max out the alts invantory and bank slots then use the alts for those purposes. having only the leader and dirctor being able to access the alts to give out the mats.
  • UltimateZed - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    There is a solution to it...

Suppose the person who deposited an item, can withdraw it anytime.

But for the person taking a mat, permission of Leader or Director or the person who deposited the mat is required. If there are any of the above online, then they will be notified with a report. If they say yes, then the item will be transfered to the withdrawers inventory, and if no slot, then to his bank. The Banker NPC can have this option. Will enhance a guilds way of cooperating and a lil extra job for the Directors. :) Any drawbacks? Then please reply, this would really be handy for players, as well with the inventory expansion system. PWI wont take a loss :). If the guild disbands, then the items will be sent back via mail or something, to the respective owners. :)
  • strongthree
    strongthree Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think its a great idea! You can have a limit on how long a person has been there as to whether or not they can access the inventory. Also, you can only take the amount of items the quest calls for or something along those lines. Accessable to only Faction members. A great idea.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *sigh* just like the other 10 billion faction bank threads....

*wonders if it will ever be added* b:bored
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • UltimateZed - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    If it is, its going to increase teamwork for factions... since now people will depend on faction members to get mats. Or it can also be a faction shop. Where people can buy and sell the mats, either way, if there is something stationary to act as a shop ro inventory for faction members only, they can work together much better.

Fulfulling the needs of the faction would be a good way for the members to build up relations with each other, and if its in a shop format then a percentage fee can be taken by the system, so that coin is drain from the economy aswell.
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As the Mold Finder of Reverence I am all for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    one bad thing about that lest say 1 preson is going to leave the guild they can take all the iteams and run you know?

Well this is kind late reply, but this is where the ranks fall into... Say the leader and directors, or maybe marshals could be the only ones withdrawing, a log would be nice to keep a record of who took what, when, and how many. Whether who took what and left the faction is completely up to the leader's trust in setting up their director, or marshals.

However, I'm more concerned about the slots available upon the opening of the bank. It already costs gold to purchase an inv/bank extension slot by 8 in the boutique...b:surrender
  • Arboria - Lost City
    Arboria - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How about "ONLY" the Leader and Director be allowed to withdraw items at a request sent from the other guild members?