Rising Tide Questions [First round of answers posted!]

Options

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't think it will, we're already pretty much flooded with requests and it's slowing down our response time to most tickets.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't think it will, we're already pretty much flooded with requests and it's slowing down our response time to most tickets.

your junior GM can help with those tickets b:cool

another question!
    spoons are you rolling one of the new classes?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

It was originally stated that the option would be available when someone asked about xfering to a tideborn. Myself it feels more right for them to have a Lobster than a glowing HellHound so I don't care, but I know others were told they could get them to their Tideborn chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There was never an official statement made guaranteeing that poison, I said I thought it may be possible, but I am not in charge of customer support and ticketing so all I can do is speculate. If they say there is a cut-off date it must be honored.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Somebody posted my questions but I will repeat them:

A) damage from Assasin is based on Dex as Archer or based on STR as BM?

b) will squad be increased to 8?

tyb:victory

A) Damage will be based on STR (Dex ONLY increase damage for RANGED weapons... and daggers are melle)

B) Dont know

NP
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why not? b:chuckle

we should level up together

you be an assassin and i will be a psychic b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Are you trying to say that the expansion will be released prior to them being able to handle all of the current requests? b:chuckle

EDIT:

Dominator, I believe in another thread that translated the Chinese version of PW's (PW2) Tideborn information, it said that Assassin damage WILL be based on dex. But then again, it could be wrong since it is only a translation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Are you trying to say that the expansion will be released prior to them being able to handle all of the current requests? b:chuckle

EDIT:

Dominator, I believe in another thread that translated the Chinese version of PW's (PW2) Tideborn information, it said that Assassin damage WILL be based on dex. But then again, it could be wrong since it is only a translation.

impossible, unless they program Dex for hit in melle weapons or daggers to be worked as ranged weapons.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    impossible, unless they program Dex for hit in melle weapons or daggers to be worked as ranged weapons.

Nothing's impossible when it comes to games! All it takes is more programming! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nothing's impossible when it comes to games! All it takes is more programming! b:victory

THAT^^b:chuckle
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Seriously, though, the translation says it's Dex based in This thread:
    Korren wrote:
    (uses dual daggers as weapon, wears light armor and deals extreme dmg in a short period. dagger is a new kind of weapon, its atk speed is betwens sowrd and claw/fist. Assassin's atk is based on dex , same as Arhcer. Assassin can use all weapons except those w/ class limit, but skills only usable w/ dagger.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Dex increases damage in ranged weapons, but it also increases attack speed. It probably means that the assassins will hit lightly but fast like a fist bm or an archer with fists. o.o
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Desannvenom - Heavens Tear
    Desannvenom - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When will u guys be releasing a video trailer for the expansion pack IM SO SO SO excited great game keep up the good work :) thanks b:laugh
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When will u guys be releasing a video trailer for the expansion pack IM SO SO SO excited great game keep up the good work :) thanks b:laugh

To hold you over until (if) we get ours:

http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/200909/renyu/index.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Dex increases damage in ranged weapons, but it also increases attack speed. It probably means that the assassins will hit lightly but fast like a fist bm or an archer with fists. o.o

so your still alive then, thought u went to MY-EN and dissapeared or whichever server it was :)
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There was never an official statement made guaranteeing that poison, I said I thought it may be possible, but I am not in charge of customer support and ticketing so all I can do is speculate. If they say there is a cut-off date it must be honored.

Understood. Even though the cutoff date is tomorrow, do you think you may want to do a few red in game announcements about it since the majority of people don't come to the forums? Might save on a bunch of tickets and complaints later on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Really? Since when? Shouldn't this mean archers have the fastest attacks in the game
  • Rofl_lmao - Heavens Tear
    Rofl_lmao - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When will PWI just show some freakin pics already!And ones of the Tideborn not their area.And real ones not the ones that r concept that some1 already posted. BTW does ne1 no y they have they aniversary packs again?

ME WANNA SEE TIDEBORN!!!!
  • DeathOfDark - Sanctuary
    DeathOfDark - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol flying fishes
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i wants to see huge mushroom forests with large shells and snail monsters around the rising tide place :D
    if that will happen >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N98YV-022DI
    Will the music of the Tideborn place sound close to Mario? o.O
    b:thanksI would play with the music on if it is.

Lol, the Tideborn music is EPIC. In some places of the Tideborn area theres music (only some places, i guess they havent fully finished the music bit). The music is really creepy..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so your still alive then, thought u went to MY-EN and dissapeared or whichever server it was :)

Yeah, just been playing on private servers I wouldn't go back to officials accept for an expansion like this >_>, Miss/Hox/I are going to make Tideborn characters on DW when the expansion comes out. (yay for psychics ^^)

On Topic: So there's going to be a lot more underwater areas and such, right? Will there be a way to increase the swimming speed of other races so a Tideborn fb19 doesn't take years? >_>
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Okay so some people want to prepare for the tideborn character like myself. Ive got inventory stones, bank stones, charms, training scrolls, mount, coin, d. orbs to +5 set of 80 or 90 gear, socket stones, and shards. Oracles will come monday. How do you think one should prepare for the gear? Do yall think new gears will be availible LA and Arcane wise, or do you think its just the new weapons? If its the same eqs, aside from weaps. Should we buy the 80 gear now, or wait?

How are you preparing for the expansion and your new character?
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Huh and I thought someone just complained bout 'oracle noobs'....

On topic: Nothing? oO Wheres the fun if I plan all through, huh?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm just rolling one to see what it's like. Probably not gonna play it nearly as much as this char. So there isn't really much point in prepping anything. But, I can definitely see why that would be a handy thing to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If I were a little smarter, I'd start collecting DQ items for banker quest.
    Beyond that... who's to say any gear or preparations will not be undermined by expansion content?
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Huh and I thought someone just complained bout 'oracle noobs'....

Lol this, he moans about oracle n00bs in one thread and then plans to be one himself in another.. ooh for hypocrits.

Personally im not preparing in anyway.. whats the point in having a new class if you oracle past all the new content to the same boring content you are used to now
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Oh, I just came up with a question:

Will there be new elements, because there is ph for the bm's, barbs and archers, water, earth and fire for wizards, wood for veno's and metal for clerics?
    Wouldn't there be some kind of need for one or two extra elements, like light and dark or so, then, since all the others are already 'preoccupied'?

Sorry if this question has already been posted.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hey Spoons, when you get online, could you try to get us water mounts?
    That'd be awesome. b:laugh

Edit: Sorry for double post, but actually there's about an hour between them, I get bored sometimes with nobody posting lol.

Edit2: Hey lol 150th post on this thread. :D
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Personally im not preparing in anyway.. whats the point in having a new class if you oracle past all the new content to the same boring content you are used to now

You still have all of the content. Oracles start at level 30, which is when you're already tired of arch. You keep all of the quests as you level, so you don't miss any content if you don't want to.
This discussion has been closed.