Archers VS Mages

13»

Comments

• Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well, same could be said for Wizards. What do we have to stop them from shooting off an ulti? Stun, run or sparks.

Wizards can also use genie skills for anti stun.

Run? Well they can DS and also HP to you.

Spark/Grace? Their turn to run. Or alternatively wait until the immunity rubs off and then 1 shot you. (lol 99 ulti skills lol)

Don't forget they can also silence you.

Don't even get me started on apoth pots. Your 7 seconds don't matter if they are able to kill you with a spell or so. You'll feel the pressure from Wizards soon so enjoy your dominance at 7x and 8x.

Lol, if you are talking about the various Wizards that PK in the Dragon Temple, they are not that strong. At 72 I could take their hp to below 40% before they killed me. I dont see how they will pose a challenge when my Attack Power raises. (And yes, I do mean the Level 9Xs) b:chuckle

Then again, I could have found the scum at the bottom of the pond, who knows? LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol, if you are talking about the various Wizards that PK in the Dragon Temple, they are not that strong. At 72 I could take their hp to below 40% before they killed me. I dont see how they will pose a challenge when my Attack Power raises. (And yes, I do mean the Level 9Xs) b:chuckle

Then again, I could have found the scum at the bottom of the pond, who knows? LOL

I've also downed some high levels in DT when I was a 7x/8x. I still stand on the point that a self buffed Wizard with TT90 sharded and refined to a minimum of 5 is very difficult to take down.

The problem is, the longer this game exists, the more OP Wizards become. Buffed Wizards are really hard to take down (which is why I mentioned a purge with LG95 bow is invaluable in one of your threads) and I do not mean the half assed geared PvPers in DT. Also, DT PvPers camp the platform like PvPers camp SP. I really do not consider that any fun or challenge at all after a few times.
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've also downed some high levels in DT when I was a 7x/8x. I still stand on the point that a self buffed Wizard with TT90 sharded and refined to a minimum of 5 is very difficult to take down.

The problem is, the longer this game exists, the more OP Wizards become. Buffed Wizards are really hard to take down (which is why I mentioned a purge with LG95 bow is invaluable in one of your threads) and I do not mean the half assed geared PvPers in DT. Also, DT PvPers camp the platform like PvPers camp SP. I really do not consider that any fun or challenge at all after a few times.

b:chuckle Most of the times I pvp in the DT, it isnt near the platform, but near some of the mass chest spawns. Quite invigorating to fight a Mob and a PvPer at the same time. Adds depth to PvP really. b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    :) . You're one of those ppl that read something but doesn't really process any information. Whatever any1 else is saying doesn't really matters to you, right? b:victory
    As for my reason of rolling on a Carebear: Having fun without growing eyes on the back of my head to pay attention to every possible frustrated idiot that wants to kill me just because his "gear" is not /functioning anymore/properly/hasn't been used in a while.
    I want to be able to help ppl and enjoy the little time I spend in the game and choose to fight when I want to not when others want to.

Or maybe I simply dont care about what you have to say. And the ability to have "eyes on the back of your head" only makes a player better. Ask me how many times ive died in the outside world pvp compared to other players who dont even mind the map. Ask how many times people thought they have sneaked and they dont even manage to land a hit and waste their sparks cause I was aware to the point I could counter them. And I came from Delphi (MY Client PVP Servers) to Heaven Tears (PVE Servers) To Harshland. There is pvp in PVE Servers, but im going to let u know that u will not get close to decent pvp in PVE servers as u will in PVP. Ur skill < than most wizards in pvp servers. Even the crappy ones I bet know more things about pvping than you prolly do. IMO Duels =\= World PVP and neither does tw or DT. DT is the closest thing and is still not the same a u dont have the right mobility and it limits a lot of classes. And if you pvp in PVE server, either u get rolled, or roll people cause u cash shop. Most of the white names in PVE server are the highest levels or the ones who cash shop.
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Or maybe I simply dont care about what you have to say. And the ability to have "eyes on the back of your head" only makes a player better. Ask me how many times ive died in the outside world pvp compared to other players who dont even mind the map. Ask how many times people thought they have sneaked and they dont even manage to land a hit and waste their sparks cause I was aware to the point I could counter them. And I came from Delphi (MY Client PVP Servers) to Heaven Tears (PVE Servers) To Harshland. There is pvp in PVE Servers, but im going to let u know that u will not get close to decent pvp in PVE servers as u will in PVP. Ur skill < than most wizards in pvp servers. Even the crappy ones I bet know more things about pvping than you prolly do. IMO Duels =\= World PVP and neither does tw or DT. DT is the closest thing and is still not the same a u dont have the right mobility and it limits a lot of classes. And if you pvp in PVE server, either u get rolled, or roll people cause u cash shop. Most of the white names in PVE server are the highest levels or the ones who cash shop.

+1
    this is invaluable, because of this i rarely die on my wizard.

b:chuckle Most of the times I pvp in the DT, it isnt near the platform, but near some of the mass chest spawns. Quite invigorating to fight a Mob and a PvPer at the same time. Adds depth to PvP really. b:mischievous

uh wrong quote x.x
    archers get stronger at 90, but wizards get godly.
    They have a high mag atk per mag ratio and can actually take a few hits.
    Have a 9x wizard sage/demon spark on you then use sage/demon stone rain.
    If they use the general 9x weapon (+7 Wheel of Denied Fate) its going to hit about 20k. Or have a wizard use a lvl 10 Blade Tempest on you or have a wizard....you get the point now?

I have an archer friend with a +10 bow who can kill me in 2 hits and i have another archer friend with EXACTLY THE SAME GEAR who needs a little nudge, CSing isnt good enough, you need skill also.

/endthread
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ryla - Lost City
    Ryla - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    never met you in my life b:bye

Not in pwi but in a certain server I played for a while you did.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    Not in pwi but in a certain server I played for a while you did.

never, in my own personal life, have I ever seen someone named Ryla. perhaps you're confused?
  • Ryla - Lost City
    Ryla - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    never, in my own personal life, have I ever seen someone named Ryla. perhaps you're confused?

Maybe because I didn't use this username on the server i played against you on.