Human Jump Quests Guide

Caslina - Sanctuary
Caslina - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
During my free times, I'll usually drop by Ethersblade to teach new players how to do the jump quests because I had problems with it when I first started.

However, I find it difficult to teach through chat alone and since a picture speaks a thousand words, I decided to take Screenies to give a more comprehensive guide.

Disclaimer: There are many ways to do the quests and these are NOT the ONLY ways to do them. Just a few ways that I personally consider easy to teach and learn.

Hope it helps.

Level 4
Quest: Try to Leap
1. Speak to The Elder (433, 886)
Time Limit: 5:00min
-Collect Token of Trial (Found in Chest of Trial)

2. Report to The Elder (433, 886)
-Reward (Gold: 90 Exp: 150 SP: 33 Rep: 3)

First way to complete:

a.jpg
The Chest is located on the arch bridge above the South Gate of Ethersblade.

b.jpg
Stand on the Middle position of the Rock, not the Top.
Aim towards the roof of the tower, and do a double jump.
(Jump once, when you are about to drop, Jump 2nd time)
Timing is everything here, so if you fail, keep trying.

c.jpg
Once you succeed, dig the chest and return quest before timer runs out.
You only have 5 mins.
I would suggest a few successful attempts before starting the actual quest.

Another way to complete:

d.jpg
Stand on the highest point of the roof as shown in screenie.
Align yourself to the lowest point of the arch bridge in front of you.

e.jpg
Next, execute a double jump towards bridge.
Again, timing is everything, so practise till you are comfortable.

f.jpg
This should be your landing place. Dig the chest and return quest immediately.

Level 11
Lola's Path
1. Speak to the Drunken Warrior (443, 891)
-Collect 1 Winebottle

2. Report to the Drunken Warrior (443, 891)
-Celestone of Heaven/Human/Earth or Celestone Fragments: 1 (Random)
-Reward (Gold: 4000 Exp: 2000 SP: 450 Rep: 2)

There are a few ways to do this, but I'll just post the way I find easiest and fastest:

1.jpg
The chest you need is located in the aerial walkway above Ethersblade North District Banker.

2.jpg
Jump your way onto the roof of the building directly under walkway.

3.jpg
Aim to stand onto a very narrow ledge of the nearest walkway 'pillar'.
Single or double jump doesn't matter as long as you can get there.

4.jpg
If you try to do a double jump upwards here, you will find yourself blocked by a protruding edge of the walkway.
The trick is to do a 'controlled' double jump.

5.jpg
First Jump OUTWARDS away from walkway.

6.jpg
Upon reaching the maximum height, immediately do a second jump INWARDS towards the walkway.

7.jpg
Now dig the chest and return quest before timer runs out.

Easiest and most Romantic way for FEMALE only.

Ask NICELY for any MALE character who can fly to EMBRACE (click on him, right click his picture, select embrace) you, and fly you to the chest.

Tip: All Male Winged-Elves, Lv30+ Human or Untamed would be able to fly you there.

Hope this guide helps all new human players.
Started PWI - Oct 2008
Uninstalled PWI - Aug 2009
Post edited by Caslina - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Caslina - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Just in case
    Started PWI - Oct 2008
  • Caslina - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Also, I preferred another alternative for Lola's path. In http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/caslinapwi/2.jpg you can see, off on your left, a tall wooden arch structure which you can double jump from. I remember this being easy (but I never tried your suggestion so maybe yours winds up being easier)?

Thanks for suggestion, like I said, there are many ways to do Lola's path, including the wooden structure and running up the hill onto the roof and do 'controlled' double jump.

When I teach new players the wooden structure way, I noticed they have a hard time 'landing' and balancing on the wooden structure, and this result in a longer time taken. Same for the hill-roof way. So I only post the way that most new players can master in shortest time possible, as observed in my teaching experience. b:chuckle
    Started PWI - Oct 2008
  • Luisch - Sanctuary
    Luisch - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi Cas.. Good guide. I never thought there are so many ways to do the try to leap quest. I only know 3 spots to jump.

As for the lola's path. This one is harder. Lol.. But ur guides teach all. Good Jobb:thanks see ya in game
  • Sahib - Heavens Tear
    Sahib - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Has something changed at all? I have tried all sorts of versions of the double-jump -- at the peak, let the first leap drop a bit, from the roof, from the rock -- and I don't get anywhere close. I've been watching others fail for weeks as well. I have even done the Drunken Warrior leaping quest first time I tried it. But I've seen no one successfully jump to that blasted chest.

I understand the horizontal-vs-vertical distance issue, but if I get enough horizontal distance, I'm nowhere near how high I need to be. And if I get high enough, I fall way, way short.

Just me (or just the dozens of others I've seen fail this), or are we missing something elementary? Or, as I initially asked, has something changed?

Thanks for your guide, though.
  • rolandfullofjustice
    rolandfullofjustice Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    this is amazing quest help.... but .... well i just started yesterday, and got to level five and realized that people were jumping.. how exactly do you jump??
  • Athalon - Dreamweaver
    Athalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Jump with space bar
  • harisahmed
    harisahmed Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In case you missed it from the pictures included in the guide. You need to jump from the middle of the rock not the peak, like you would think. I was able to do it on my second attempt with that tip.
  • Sahib - Heavens Tear
    Sahib - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My mistake was relying too much on the picture and not the description. It looked like you jumped from the roof in the picture because it's a sideways look at it, but indeed as the description says, you jump from about that height from the rock. b:surrender

Been there, done that, got the charm. Thanks, fellas.
  • Varamina - Dreamweaver
    Varamina - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I did it the nice social way lol on my bm
    Marked was so nice to offer to take me up there :)
    But I still can't conquer the jumping
    I guess I'm a natural Winged Elf lol
  • Zalice - Dreamweaver
    Zalice - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for this. Both worked on the first tries. b:pleased
  • ytirahc
    ytirahc Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I've been trying this quest off and on probably a dozen times before I looked for a guide. Took me two tries trying this route. This guide rocks and the pictures really do help. Thanks!
  • snowville
    snowville Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thank you fo the tips!:)
  • Windbite - Archosaur
    Windbite - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    on the the 2nd jump quest you showed if you get on the roof of the aerial walkway jump off then wait till you fall far enough away from the roof and use your second jump to get in the opening of it. Thats how I did that one. And I wished I would have find this guide when I was doing the first one.I spent like half an hour trying to figure it out I saw a video on how to do it I dont remember were the video was or i post the link.
  • Cannibarb - Sanctuary
    Cannibarb - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the great guide... This post should be stickied IMO, it is a really precise walkthrough.
  • averacfma
    averacfma Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    thanks a lot