Crazy Idea, Open to All yelling and Comments

Winddagger - Harshlands
Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
Okay people, Ladies and gentlemen before you start yelling and screaming and bashing this thread please READ the following Idea and see if it is a good one or a bad 1.

Just say yes or No and Please Vote :)

===========================================================
b:victory My ideab:victory ( Yes its 3am and I am tired, if i am to tired and dreaming of this idea then eh why not say it)

K while I am doing a Bh run and fell asleep at boss 10% of health I had a thought, (yes i woke up, Vent screamers >_<)

Can there Be a way to Transfer EXP LEGALLY....My Idea is how it can some how work...

The Solution... EXP balls... or Orbs, You know how Genies has a EXP orb after you decompose them right, well why not have 1 that is the same sort of idea for Players...But in a way where no one can Exploit it!

How:
How indeed, well the idea is a basic one, if players can decompose there exp into a ball and sell them, but with a catch, the ball vanishes after it is used by some other player.

Example: A Bm wishs to use a Exp Ball and place a inital sum of 95% of his entire lv...The exp ball reads it as his exp amount and also his % amount, ( NOTE IF THE EXP BALL REACHES 100% of the Players lv then it cant go any higher) the player then wishs to complete it to 100% and place his last 5%.
Now the Bm sells the transactional ball to a Barb who is lv 68, he thus then gains the exp sum or half the sum depending on how exp ball is made. ( you can fix out the bugs if u want just a general idea)
For the Bm, he is back to 0% and has to start over again.

The ExpBall should be used for players over a certain lv approx . lv 30 or 60, to insure lower lvs don't abuse it as much... ( yet again this idea can be fixed)

The Exp ball can also be sold as a limited or permanent Boutique item giving PWI a chance to sell something amazing...

Thing is, if Genies can have a amount of exp and gain a certian % of it, why cant players do same...

This can prove to make it a bit easier and also can make it a bit harder. ( How: easier players to lv and people to make cash harder, they have to decompose 100% full before they can sell)

Certain lv restrictions shud be on the orbs as well, like Lucky packs people pick up in the game... this way We can insure a lv 90 exp cant go to a lv 50

only those in same lv range can trade and do so :)

REMEMBER this is a free Comment to all, Dont use vulgar language

criticism is welcome

and dont call people noobs ;)
b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
The blitz of the firery night ...
Post edited by Winddagger - Harshlands on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wrong section.

I am not sure I like the idea due to the potential for abuse.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Eh sorry liek i said, 3am sleepy so didnt know where it shud go.

Anyways abuse: if it vanishes after someone uses it it can be abused as much. Like no lv 90 can give a lv 50 there exp,
    a lv 90 can give a lv 94 there exp, but exp ball gives like 20-50% of it thou

and then its gone.

This way people don't lv fully, but get instant exp of a sum total and can keep on lving
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    eh, think there too many ways to explot this even with level restrictions, but more importanly is the reason of y this item would be good to add? leveling is easy as it is and not leveling is also easy, not really much point of this item to begin with =/

edit: an exaple of a way to exploit it with lv resrtions is a lv 85 giving thier exp fto a lv 86-89 becuase that lv 85 can still go to, and does, Rebirth all day since lv86-89 cant, even at lv 85 a RB gives about 22%, meaning u could power level someone from 86 all the way to 90 within a week or 2,l ess if the 86 acualy goes things like FC as well
    edited October 2009
    eh, i just got the idea ater i fell asleep, thought it might be fun to share it :)

besides i get freinds always QQ about "i dunt wanna D:"

>_>, they shud leave me alone and let me get sleep b:laugh

But yea, its an Idea that i thought be Nice to just share it xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The abuse I was thinking was more in line of being able to bypass the exp lose when you revive in town.

You keep an orb with you, and keep dumping all your exp into it.
    Once you have enough exp to level, you can just use orb to level yourself.

So you would, for all purposes, never loose exp, and you would not even need to carry angels or wait for clerics.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    What i am thinking is no matter what, you cant go down a certain exp point, like ur at 55 % and u can only go take off up to 10% min

This way even if u die u still lose exp and follow game play rules

Plus, The player who is absorbing the exp can use it but whats the point, it only give 20-50% of a full orb * like genies* if u decompose a lv70 genie ur genie becomes lv 40. , as for players if u decompose 100% u can only get back a certain amount, SO It shows it cant be abused? like u get only 20-50% out of 100% and u cant use the orb unless it gets full
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I can camp GV and powerlevel multiple characters.

/thread
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    they'd need to raise the lvl cap to like 200+

the abuse would be in an increased rate @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ellathwen - Heavens Tear
    Ellathwen - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i'm not sure i like this idea, this game is perfectly fine without it. i don't want people to start using their high lvl characters only for power leveling their low lvl onesb:thanks
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the potential for abuse of this sort of system is pretty huge, moving this to suggestions
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As eatwithspoons pointed out, but I do have an idea on how that MIGHT be fixed, it sounds simple, because well I cam up with it almost as soon as I read it. xD lol

Anyways my idea is to make it so one you have to be within 5-10 levels of the person who 'made' the orb, to use it, but not only that, but make it 'bound' to people's ip address so people can't use the exp of a alt char, to level up a alt. Though with that 5-10 level limit they may not need to bound the orbs to ip address. :p

Simple, and short fix, but it should do the trick.

Nice idea, but tbh I can't really see it being implemented anytime soon.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the compliment Slivaf lol,

cant blame a guy who is half awake and half asleep getting crazy ideas,
    how else do u think the world is still moving forward with new inventions :P

but yea , i dunt mind people saying bad things about it, it just shows that people actually listen to the opinion and gave their honest side of view :)

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    As eatwithspoons pointed out, but I do have an idea on how that MIGHT be fixed, it sounds simple, because well I cam up with it almost as soon as I read it. xD lol

Anyways my idea is to make it so one you have to be within 5-10 levels of the person who 'made' the orb, to use it, but not only that, but make it 'bound' to people's ip address so people can't use the exp of a alt char, to level up a alt. Though with that 5-10 level limit they may not need to bound the orbs to ip address. :p

Simple, and short fix, but it should do the trick.

Nice idea, but tbh I can't really see it being implemented anytime soon.

Except for people who use the same IPs, or share computers...b:surrender

Edit: I'm a fan of that poll. Really thorough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I guess for sum1 who was half asleep, it's not such a crazy idea. But, spoonz beat me to the punch, az he said, that would be really abused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Kagaro - Dreamweaver
    Kagaro - Dreamweaver Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i agree with spoons. as much as i like it, too much abuse potential. maybe if more limits were placed on it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    And everyone thought MY idea was bad...
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]