Rising Tide Questions [First round of answers posted!]

Options

Comments

• Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I can understand a psychic would be a magical debuff class while the assassin a melee DD. Just a curious thought as to how the stats affect these classes. Psychic would understandably have greater dmg with greater MAG.

Does DEX or STR increase damage for the assassin?
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Dex. U can see it on one of Korrens tideborn posts
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Nalfien_ - Sanctuary
    Nalfien_ - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wats gonna happen to the genies?!?
  • President - Harshlands
    President - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

None of the servers are remotely close to full capacity. Why would we need another?

I feel sarcastic today :)

because everyone who creates a character of the new class will be pretty far behind the rest of us, because the current tw maps are boooooooooring, because the economys have gone to ****, and the list goes on....
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well if thats the case it would be smarter 2 "reset" a map for the main reason as...Making new servers take more work and reseting a server for a fresher start would be so much smarter and better.
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So...

Did anyone look at the last two screenshots on the preview page and think that it looks an awful lot like Felucia?
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rava17
    rava17 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wat will the new classes fly with?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    what are the sage/demon version of every skill? Will we get a chance to see them before we choose?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    what are the sage/demon version of every skill? Will we get a chance to see them before we choose?

when the patch comes out.... XD

~Silver
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    because everyone who creates a character of the new class will be pretty far behind the rest of us, because the current tw maps are boooooooooring, because the economys have gone to ****, and the list goes on....

Meh...people level fast, you'll have 80+ tideborn within a month. Also, I don't think that justifies making an entire new server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • President - Harshlands
    President - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Meh...people level fast, you'll have 80+ tideborn within a month. Also, I don't think that justifies making an entire new server.
    Only the cash shoppers will level that fast......... But hey, PWI seems to be favoring them lately anyway, so what's new, right?
    The other two reasons are good reasons to create a whole new server along with the first. DW and HL aren't really all that empty, they are both pretty well populated and at least one new server would attract a lot more players and would be a fresh start for the new classes. The economy is so **** and the TW map so boring I don't even feel like playing anymore.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Only the cash shoppers will level that fast......... But hey, PWI seems to be favoring them lately anyway, so what's new, right?
    The other two reasons are good reasons to create a whole new server along with the first. DW and HL aren't really all that empty, they are both pretty well populated and at least one new server would attract a lot more players and would be a fresh start for the new classes. The economy is so **** and the TW map so boring I don't even feel like playing anymore.

this.

I'm done with Sanctuary and I do not have to explain why. I have pretty much quit and gave my eq away but if a new server were to come I would start all over again and role a barb or something. I believe a lot of the ppl who quit over the anniv packs and people who just want to try new classes without being terribly outleveled would join in the new server ( also people who hate the tw maps)

So YES for new server (pplllllzzzz ill give you my paychecks D:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Vixen_one - Lost City
    Vixen_one - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hehe.... ok sooooo, Elfs have wings.... Humans have swords.... Untamed have beasts.... What will the Tideborn fly on? o.O High-tech machines like atlantians??? O.O
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hehe.... ok sooooo, Elfs have wings.... Humans have swords.... Untamed have beasts.... What will the Tideborn fly on? o.O High-tech machines like atlantians??? O.O

Not this! They could have.. bubbles:p
  • cyborgtemplar
    cyborgtemplar Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well if thats the case it would be smarter 2 "reset" a map for the main reason as...Making new servers take more work and reseting a server for a fresher start would be so much smarter and better.

funny part is that'd practicly be suicide of their best buyers in the cash shop. considering how many keep buying anni packs, resetting the servers became out of the question. unless they find some way of compensating those particular players (me not being one, I hate the anni packs personally)
  • Golden_Rod - Heavens Tear
    Golden_Rod - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Best question yet
    > When will you answer all of these questions?
  • Golden_Rod - Heavens Tear
    Golden_Rod - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Best answer
    > As soon as the new race comes out your questions will be answered! :)
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There were concerns raised about the tideborn having a massive advantage in dragon temple with their skill of transformation, giving them 50+ attack level and 50% increased swimming speed.

It then occured to me, would their transformation open up a different set of skills for them in this form that complement the transformation bonuses like in the tradition of the untamed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Question: Why does (if they do) Tideborns have ability to swim faster but swimming mastery was taken away from Untamed race?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well barbs were given a massive speed increase on their true form skill not too long ago. It sounds perfectly logical to me that the untamed are faster on land, while the tideborn are faster in the water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScatterHot - Heavens Tear
    ScatterHot - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i heard rumors saying that there is gonna rare water pet being added, is that true??
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1 heard a rumour questions were going to be answered, is it true?
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • Umaly - Sanctuary
    Umaly - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I wonder what arogear the Tideborn wil use... Anew one ? Or one of the existing ? I WANT NEW ONES ! b:chuckle
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I wonder what arogear the Tideborn wil use... Anew one ? Or one of the existing ? I WANT NEW ONES ! b:chuckle

i suppose it would be new ones. Each race have their own race specific aerogear and i dont see why tideborns shouldnt have one. How about, hydra dragons? or maybe some exotic aquamarine life flying in air :)
  • arkenea1
    arkenea1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i suppose it would be new ones. Each race have their own race specific aerogear and i dont see why tideborns shouldnt have one. How about, hydra dragons? or maybe some exotic aquamarine life flying in air :)

isn't that what the untamed get? O.o
  • scatmaster
    scatmaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was wondering if when you guys impliment this new expansion pack, you bring up a new server as well. I have heard rumours about it so I was a little curious. Thanx!
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    scatmaster wrote: »
    I was wondering if when you guys impliment this new expansion pack, you bring up a new server as well. I have heard rumours about it so I was a little curious. Thanx!

No.
    /10char
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    How about the character customization, will they be presets like Barbs or fully customizable like the other races? Will we be able to change the skin colors since it looks like Tideborns range from regular skin color to purpleish?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    venos swim faster while in fox form (any level)
    barbs still have their swimming mastery(i think)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    is this to distract the people from anniversary event b:shutup
This discussion has been closed.