When was the last time you felt like quiting PWI

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if you cared to look, its just the same peoples names comming up again and again, this is not a "popular" demand, this is a few rich people clearing out their bank accounts

i dont know bout you, but i didnt see any forums posts going "PLZ I BRINGG BACK ANIVZZ OR I STAY NOOB :("

The Duke announcements only count for good items. For every good item, there were 100-200 regular tokens. However, it is still popular from the sense that they packs are selling fast and in large quantities. Note that the packs being popular does not mean that the everyone is happy.

Also, if you buy any items that came out of the packs at all, be it skill books, pages, shards, you are contributing to the problem, since you are allowing people to break even, therefore buying more packs, etc.

Also, happy people do not go out of their way to be vocal, they are playing the game. Unhappy people will be the vocal ones.

To be honest, the only thing that surprized me was that they did not renamed the packs "halloween packs" and added the nightmare mount to it.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    That doesn't make it right, or wise, to bring them back though, for either players or the game's long-term outlook.

I am sure PW knows who buys the packs. You saying 8 players is just a generalization.... As people keep pointing out about the forum poll numbers.

Numbers are evidence, they have all the evidence, we have hearsay and generalizations...

(sorry for double post)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Also, happy people do not go out of their way to be vocal, they are playing the game. Unhappy people will be the vocal ones.

too true, soo the fact that lots of people complaining dosent mean anything then right? bugger them because were having fun?

thats not the way to go about it
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ya jokes on pwi...myself and a couple of friends profited ridiculously, the most extreme example being my old guild lead, who went from 5mil to hundreds of mils throughout the event without paying a single cent. he literally took this naked 8x bm who he stopped playing, fitted the bm with full TT80 w/ immacs just to look good, then bought a nix + herc on his new veno, and expects to have enough money to lvl up his new classes when they come out.

then there are the friends who go wtf i spend 200 bucks and couldn't even break even. ironic isn't it? lottery type events are stupid.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2009
    too true, soo the fact that lots of people complaining dosent mean anything then right? bugger them because were having fun?

thats not the way to go about it

The statement that happy people tend to not express their happiness is a fact. If you work in the retail or support industry you know that customers will have no problems returning items and calling to complain if they are not happy. However you do not see many customers driving back to the store, after they bought, say a new fridge, ask for the manager and proceed to tell the manager how happy they are with their new fridge.

However, if they were not happy with the new fridge, they would had returned it and complain to the manager.

Expressing ones opinion is the right thing to do, however, you do need to keep in mind that people that are happy with the new packs would have no reason to come to the forums, so you are not capturing those demographics.

Another example, if you go into a politcal party A demonstration, do you think that the vast majority of the people there will be pro polical party A? Do you think that that group of people represent the rest of a the population as a whole?
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    V-day event. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

This.

b:victory
  • Hitumura - Lost City
    Hitumura - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I feel like quitting now, WHY WOULD YOU BRING BACK THE ANNIV PACK!?!?!??!? CRAZY PEOPLE!!! (bullet straight into the face of pwi's economy... 550k gold in lost city)
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The statement that happy people tend to not express their happiness is a fact. If you work in the retail or support industry you know that customers will have no problems returning items and calling to complain if they are not happy. However you do not see many customers driving back to the store, after they bought, say a new fridge, ask for the manager and proceed to tell the manager how happy they are with their new fridge.

However, if they were not happy with the new fridge, they would had returned it and complain to the manager.

Expressing ones opinion is the right thing to do, however, you do need to keep in mind that people that are happy with the new packs would have no reason to come to the forums, so you are not capturing those demographics.

i fully agree, but the % of negative comments back must stand for something too

anyway im just gonna go grab some tea and avoid all chat till these things blow over ^^
    edited October 2009
    i fully agree, but the % of negative comments back must stand for something too

anyway im just gonna go grab some tea and avoid all chat till these things blow over ^^

tea sounds good.... now I to see if I have any cookies.
  • darwinjames
    darwinjames Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Blizzard of complexity.

Wow, wish it were simpler or I was smarter.

I look at my Genie and am flogged by whips of guilt. Poor Genie.

I look at the CS and am depre$$ed by whips of gilt.

I don't feel like quitting PWI because I don't think I've really started it yet.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    How about last night?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I can say today
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    when Asterelle told me she prefers them small b:sad
    a step back in the crusade to make them bigger - it almost seems hopeless b:cry

(if you can guess what i'm referring to b:chuckle)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2009
    when Asterelle told me she prefers them small b:sad
    a step back in the crusade to make them bigger - it almost seems hopeless b:cry

(if you can guess what i'm referring to b:chuckle)

Of course we know, you are talking about cookies... bite size vs jumbo size
    edited October 2009
    Of course we know, you are talking about cookies... bite size vs jumbo size

no she was talking about ****!
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    edited October 2009
    no she was talking about ****!

Nah, I am pretty sure it was cookies
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Last night :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
    edited October 2009
    Nah, I am pretty sure it was cookies

impossible... I eat all cookiesb:chuckle

I was so happy after event getting fast exp... now I will do dailys only.... maybe only WQ
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i love perfect world way too much to quit playing it.

just not perfect world international, but a private server hehe.

And then u got banned lmao
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Personally I felt like quitting due to the mass amount of people in the server receiving their FC weaps or Lunar equips from just paying. But I gotzzz overz it. I pretty much shrug at the people who get pleasure from investing into the game. Its there choice and I'll stick to mine.

Although there are times I do QQ and roll my eyes. I'm no saint lol.
  • bossy231
    bossy231 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    today..not because of the anniversary packs return, just nothing to do. no good events happening soon, gold prices high, ppl running around with gear unreachable by others (unless u pay), and a tw map that is way one sided (DW)
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    soon. Just gona make a new tideborn and get by with whatever funds i have left. Not gona inject a single penny into this ever.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    now it is they brought the anni packs back
    i was happy with the economy slowly restoring
    i lost most my friends already during the first sale and litle before that
    i stil have a few friends and i didnt find another good f2p mmo yet
    i got 1 in mind but its stil in pre beta anyway so i will stay here a litle longer but thats about it
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Roojie - Lost City
    Roojie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hm.... about a half hour ago. When the games new loop glitch threw my tiny squishy cleric into a group of mobs.
    What othertimes...
    Oh, when they nurfed genies.
    Made Endgame weapons easy to get.
    Put the DQ horses in the cash shop.

Off Topic: I lol at people who go "If you hate it shut up and leave!". Should be asking them to stay because if everyone irritated just up and left without a word this game really -would- die. Way to support PWI peeps. ;3
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I dont think the analogy is sound because the retail dynamic is different. The people that post on the forums are a broad spectrum of the PW community (both cs'ers and ftp'ers) who dont just post to complain- so it would be strange to think that the general consensus in game would be hugely different to whats being shown on the forums. 0_0
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Paulita - Dreamweaver
    Paulita - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I almost quit after i returned from my 3 month vacation and was factionless and friendlessb:cry I was probably just 1 or 2 days before erasing my character and giving up until an old friend saw me in etherblade and helped change my mind b:victory i wub you too winterselene!!!
    b:shocked
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I felt like quitting because everyone is going depressed over gold pricesb:surrender
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye
  • ILIKETOSELL - Lost City
    ILIKETOSELL - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I felt like quitting because everyone is going depressed over gold pricesb:surrender
    In the immortal words of the internet:

ENGLISH MOTHER****** DO YOU SPEAK IT??
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Never.

I've only ever considered quitting the game so I can spend more useful time on school or cleaning. :)

I'll probably always play until I graduate and start working full time again. Which is coming sooner rather than later.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Dustinmurphy - Harshlands
    Dustinmurphy - Harshlands Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In the immortal words of the internet:

ENGLISH MOTHER****** DO YOU SPEAK IT??

Already answered your question, come back with something better. Also stop trolling forums it's making you stank!!
    If anniversary pack threads keep getting made I'll keep trolling them until there isn't anymore!b:bye