Tree of Protection...

Options
Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
I'm surprised that I couldn't find any other topics on this. If there was, I must have missed it.

Anyways, Tree of Protection seems horribly glitched. I know there was a change in the affinity points needed for it, and I have re-adjusted my points accordingly. However, last night, while questing/grinding, I went to use this skill, as my potions were on cool-down, and I was near death. I clicked it to cast, but instead of casting, it just didn't. No message or notification whatsoever. I hit it several times, but instead of it saving my butt, I died. Only AFTER dying, I get a message saying "Unable to cast genie skill here.". This happened twice.

I told my boyfriend about this and he went to test it on his archer. He has his affinity and such in the proper areas, enough stamina, etc, and his would not cast either. I've tested using it in various instances and also outside. Neither of us can get it to cast. This has already cost me enough exp, and it is apparent that until this is fixed, I am forced to buy an hp charm. I refuse to buy a charm to make up for a bug that shouldn't be there in the first place.

I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if a fix is in the works.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xymantha - Dreamweaver
    Xymantha - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    works fine for me.
    I'm a man
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Things that have been suggested Previous are as follows

Attribute reset
    Relearn the skill
    Make sure you have enough energy and or stamina to cast such skill. Remember genie's power is not infinite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OKay, so I relearned the skill. I leveled Tree of Protection up to level 9, and was going for 10, because that is where I had it before. But after 9, even though I have more than enough spirit for level 10, the skill just disappears from the list as if I had maxed it out. It's like lvl 10 of ToP doesn't exist anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The level requirements for this skill were increased; chances are your genie is no longer high enough for level 10.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    The level requirements for this skill were increased; chances are your genie is no longer high enough for level 10.

That was it. Thank you for confirming that. b:thanks

This can be closed now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.