What is the point of this game?

drmarley
drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
There's nothing to work towards anymore. In most MMOs you work towards rare gear which is gained by completing difficult instances. Now that you can get gear that is superior to said gear via the CS.... what exactly is there left to do?

You can't compete when PKing with people who have Lunar/Rank 8/and even possibly Warsoul using TT90. This gear is virtually unobtainable without anni packs... And when you do PK your gear shatters/is lost unless you have an expensive doll/guardian scroll (thanks to high gold prices) in your inventory.

Charms become ridiculously expensive thanks to said gold prices.

Refines become ridiculously expensive thanks to said gold prices.

Leveling after 9X for the most part is pointless since there is so little end-game content.....

What is there left to do if you don't CS heavily?

The majority of the player base DOES CS believe it or not, but in small amounts. This game is becoming unplayable unless you devote an inordinate amount of time to it or invest your money into the game in bulk sums.

What exactly are we working towards?
Post edited by drmarley on

Comments

• Ascii - Harshlands
    Ascii - Harshlands Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    drmarley wrote: »
    There's nothing to work towards anymore. In most MMOs you work towards rare gear which is gained by completing difficult instances. Now that you can get gear that is superior to said gear via the CS.... what exactly is there left to do?

You can't compete when PKing with people who have Lunar/Rank 8/and even possibly Warsoul using TT90. This gear is virtually unobtainable without anni packs... And when you do PK your gear shatters/is lost unless you have an expensive doll/guardian scroll (thanks to high gold prices) in your inventory.

Leveling after 9X for the most part is pointless since there is so little end-game content.....

The majority of the player base DOES CS believe it or not, but in small amounts. This game is becoming unplayable unless you devote an inordinate amount of time to it or invest your money into the game in bulk sums.

to line the pockets of greedy Devs who now see pwi as a dead stick and want to squeese any last coin out of it. pretty much.
  • hot4
    hot4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Work Hard IRL, get BEST GEARs in PWI, oh yah, HIGH LvL NUBs everywhere.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1 month till 99 for me, so after that, maybe try for gear, then no point in this game.
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • gogereaver
    gogereaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yep even the best free mmo ever created can be brought down by a shotty company running things. even if pwi falls pwmy is still running strong. i bet many that left this one for this stupid trick are there now most of us older players came from there originally.
  • AngryInch - Dreamweaver
    AngryInch - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've been wondering the same thing. PWI just isn't as fun as it was a few months ago.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2009

What is the point of this game?

To spend $$$$$ like this one boy i know, PrinceClare (hi my hunnypoo bunches of oats<3) to be the VERY BEST.

WTB> Pokemon Theme Song
  • drmarley
    edited October 2009
    I just wonder what kind of corporate structure PWE has. There has to be some consideration towards your clientele's feelings in every business - even moreso when it comes to gaming.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I wanna be the very best
    Like noone ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause
    I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

Chorus
    Pokemon!
    It's you and me
    I know it's my destiny
    Pokemon!
    Ooh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend
    Pokemon!
    Our hearts so true
    Our courage will pull us through
    You teach me and I'll teach you
    Pokemon
    Gotta catch 'em all!

Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will battle every day
    To claim my rightful place
    Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better team
    Arm in arm we'll win the fight
    It's always been our dream

(Repeat Chorus x2)

<3 Tika
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like this game still. Somedays I swear I am the only one. O.o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I just wonder what kind of corporate structure PWE has. There has to be some consideration towards your clientele's feelings in every business - even moreso when it comes to gaming.

They have. The paying customers were VERY HAPPY last sale. Therefore, due to its popularity (record sales), they are bringing it back.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • drmarley
    edited October 2009
    They have. The paying customers were VERY HAPPY last sale. Therefore, due to its popularity (record sales), they are bringing it back.

You mean the customers that invest heavily in this game. I am sure that the majority of the population dropped a maximum of $20-30 on packs last month and got nothing.

Those are paying customers also; they also vastly outnumber the minority that paid $100s.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1 month till 99 for me, so after that, maybe try for gear, then no point in this game.

You not allowed to speak here till u solo Blackhole Devourer b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Exactly it was a huge success and thus very popular, it would be best just to make them permanant though.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You mean the customers that invest heavily in this game. I am sure that the majority of the population dropped a maximum of $20-30 on packs last month and got nothing.

Those are paying customers also; they also vastly outnumber the minority that paid $100s.

Yups, so they are bringing it back so those same people can try their luck for another $20-$30 in packs. And I bet a big chunk of them will too....

I am just hoping to be able to buy some cheap tokens to get some more skill books, and get some more mp/hp food.... Because sage books at 10mil+ if you can even find them are hard to save for.......
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I wanna be the very best
    Like noone ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause
    I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

Chorus
    Pokemon!
    It's you and me
    I know it's my destiny
    Pokemon!
    Ooh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend
    Pokemon!
    Our hearts so true
    Our courage will pull us through
    You teach me and I'll teach you
    Pokemon
    Gotta catch 'em all!

Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will battle every day
    To claim my rightful place
    Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better team
    Arm in arm we'll win the fight
    It's always been our dream

(Repeat Chorus x2)

<3 Tika

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    lOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO9LOLOLOL

sorry, had to
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I paid about... 120 bucks... something like that. Proffited WELL over 100mil not to mention finished my TT90 gear, got a third mount for kicks and giggles.. >.>;; Got enough Pet/HP/MP Food to last me a life time. A great deal of my 89+ Advanced Sage Skills. Hell I have no reason to complain. I'm niether heren or there about the packs. Even with the best gear, it doesn't make you any better of a player. Just makes those of use with skill have to go al ittle harder to beat em is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Rafnatyr - Sanctuary
    Rafnatyr - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    WOOHOOOOOOO even more high lvl oracle babies running around with no idea on how to manage aggro or manage skills. We need more of these around to join the squads of people that actually know what they are doing. I'm not saying I know what I am doing but I do know how to work in a squad and keep people alive and not run around yelling "I died cuz the tank couldn't hold aggro when I was beating a mob he wasn't even near" Or Low lvl venos running around with lower lvl Hercs wishing to join squads and not knowing what to do. Pass the aspirin b:chuckle
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There is no point in this game, the only point in this game is your a number, a estimated number that gives PWI a population of prospect buyers, that perfect world can get investors / sponsors to give them more cash. So think of yourself as a ant, and PWI as the kid that is watching you through the ant farm, you work all day, and he gets entertainment, but in the end you will either die(get bored and leave) or get eaten by another ant(some guy who has more money than you aka a bigger credit card limit). Thing is there is no point, except being that number for pwi to gain money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • darwinjames
    darwinjames Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like this game too! Why? Because it is fun.

As for it having a "point," it has none. I don't think there is a point, a reason, a goal to be reached, something to accomplish, in any game; console, computer, or real life. Games are just games.

Why PW is fun for me might not be the reason it is fun for anyone else. I think it would have been better to ask "what is the fun of this game." Might get some interesting answers to that one.
  • haldis
    haldis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There never was a point to this game. Much like any mmos. No point except for entertainment value aka "It gives you something to do in your free time."

Of course, despite the game being free, they're still looking to make money. So they open cash shop that will cater to those who have money or those who have access to it (asking parents to spend money for them or whatnot). If you spend money, you get things that make your character better and stronger. While trying to play the game without using the cash shop will be a slow and painful process.

I like pw, but I do think they're losing a little bit of sight on their players. It's somewhat biased to the people that pay money. While the only goal I really see to aim for is to become the most strongest player, that doesn't seem completely worth it entirely. Is there even a max level possible?

Anyways, although I'll continue playing pw, it doesn't hold the same value it did before. I enjoy playing (for the most part. I just sometimes hate receiving "Kill 35 Boars" quests) and I do hope that the game does get better and return to what made it so good.

Also, is it just me, or are the herbs you have to collect never where the quest tells you they are?
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I paid about... 120 bucks... something like that. Proffited WELL over 100mil not to mention finished my TT90 gear, got a third mount for kicks and giggles.. >.>;; Got enough Pet/HP/MP Food to last me a life time. A great deal of my 89+ Advanced Sage Skills. Hell I have no reason to complain. I'm niether heren or there about the packs. Even with the best gear, it doesn't make you any better of a player. Just makes those of use with skill have to go al ittle harder to beat em is all.

mmm no offense either you have incredibly good luck or I just have no luck. But I paid a lot more than that during this event the first time around and barely had 40 mil to show for it... But then again I don't merchant.

I admit I got skills from it, parts of my TT90 gear, refines, a couple mounts... but 100 mil? Seems a bit off unless you managed a lunar weap or two and sold em o.o; You sure you didn't add in your tw pay from Enrage :P
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Edeakyria - Sanctuary
    Edeakyria - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the 'point' is to have fun. Because it's a game. That's what you do with games. How you have fun is up to you, but if you're no longer having fun, well... maybe you should do something else with your time?