what build to use as a cleric ?

egernet
egernet Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
hi i kinda new to the game, but i was wondering, what build to use as a cleric ? i mean statwise:) i can guess i dont need str much, or dex for that sake, other than to use better stuff ofc. but what from there ?:S
Post edited by egernet on

Comments

• Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Clicky

There are lots of builds. Some of the most common are the pure Mag build (enough strength for armor and weapons, everything else in mag), the sturdier Arcane build with a point of Vit about every level, the Light Armor build (enough dex and strength to wear light armor)... they're all about your own preference. Run a search of the forums; there have been a lot of guides and discussions on this very subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • PaleHealer - Sanctuary
    PaleHealer - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    A build I picked up somewhere on this forum was this one:

MAG: 6 VIT: 3 STR: 1

As you can see that works out to 10 attribute points.....so every 2 lvl's you use this formula to be a hybrid healer.

An example: at lvl 50 you should be MAG: 150 VIT: 75 STR: 25

Its the build I use and its worked OK till I hit lvl 72 and had some STR issues with Arcane armor.
  • Miss_QQ - Lost City
    Miss_QQ - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if you're a true CLERIC
    you should go with THIS or you're a failure
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2009
    if you're a true CLERIC

LOL, that can be fun, but some want to be a cleric to help others.

I took a lot of info from the FAC guide and created my own balanced build. At level 83, I happily solo FB's 19, 29, 39, 59. 51 there is just too much phys going on and haven't tried it in a while. I re-rolled my attribs a couple of times building the character, but with Vit 3, and Dex 5, I can still have a critrate of 6% and 2500hp unbuffed without any issues. Phys def is at about 1600 and all mag defs are 8700-9100, and again, that is unbuffed. the power and defense of a mage/cleric is based in the MAG, putting points elsewhere in kinda useless.

I mean you really don't see any lvl 75 LA clerics able to solo Mantavip. They can't DD and are losing out on the mag def needed. For a cleric, your Damage is based on your magic. Your heals are based on your damage. Your Def is based on your MAG. It's kinda a no-brainer that pure MAG is really the only way to rule.

Oh, and personal plug here b:laugh linkie to my own award-winning, (have the bulbfishie to prove it b:pleased), cleric guide. Even at level 83, this is still a work in progress. http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/The_IceDrakes_Full_Cleric_Guide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok its very simple. Every 2 levels put 9 stat points into str and 1 into vit. b:bye

P.S. Don't use that build >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like how people tell the builds.

It is all up to personal preference.

Personally I like the LA cleric build because of its versatility in PvE and PvP.

Others laugh at me saying I have a terrible build... then I kill them... so it all works out.

if your looking for builds decide how you want to play your class and find the build that will support that the best.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    /facepalm dhdjshjd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Most will tell you hybrid but pure is superior if you can support it.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    if you're a true CLERIC

You are riddiculous... b:chuckle
  • Yowie - Heavens Tear
    Yowie - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well i love my build personly. i have Str just for my Wep no Dex 123 Vit and the rest in Mag. I can tank TT Bosses and just about ne Non Phy WBs (Not the Dumb ones that take 30 people to kill) Plus its a great build to b a AOE cleric. (Killing like 15-25 Poison Mobs at 1 time) The Vit has helped me alot. i might not do a Crapload of damage, but when someone needs a tank i can say "Sure ill help" Give it a shot^^b:victory
  • TheChiken - Lost City
    TheChiken - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For me personaly I think that the vit. arcane build is better.
    Use magic points each time to aquire the latest weapon or armor
    This means put 5 magic each lvl and if you see you have enough magic
    go for vitility you'll be more stable then a full magic build that die all the time
    And I think that 52 str was enough for armors
  • Clercie - Sanctuary
    Clercie - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    every 2 lvl's: 1 str, 1 vit, 8 mag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL and wtf is the point in mag damage if u cant take 1 hit??? most classes would 1-2 shot u and u cant even tbefore u can even plumshell and nix bleed would **** u before u can purify it.
    I say go for the vit build and shard ur armour with phy def shards if u can get ur 9x gear to +5 or more b:laugh
  • VidaLove - Heavens Tear
    VidaLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I do every 2 levels 1:str 2:vit and 7: mag

This build works fine for me
    b:kiss