New players question about pet leveling...

elphaaba
elphaaba Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
Hi, sorry this is a newbe question... :) I was wanting a rare spawn... (the frogling ) Looks like there are about 7 other hunters standing around for it now... They must be afk because I can't seem to get an answer to my question. I apologize if this question has been covered here.... I looked and didn't see it...

My question is "Does it matter how far apart in level you are from the critter when you are trying to level your tamed pet? " I know that to tame it... it has to be your level or lower, ... but my question is more of "can I still level a level 9 frogling to be my tank pet when I am like say level 50. ?" I don't mind if its more work... there are just so many things I am still learning about perfect world, I was concerned it might not be possible....

Right now I am only level 9, but I would rather be out playing then waiting for frogling to spawn... and either happen upon it later, or wait around for the spawn when its more convenient...

Thanks for any info !
Post edited by elphaaba on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    elphaaba wrote: »
    Hi, sorry this is a newbe question... :) I was wanting a rare spawn... (the frogling ) Looks like there are about 7 other hunters standing around for it now... They must be afk because I can't seem to get an answer to my question. I apologize if this question has been covered here.... I looked and didn't see it...

My question is "Does it matter how far apart in level you are from the critter when you are trying to level your tamed pet? " I know that to tame it... it has to be your level or lower, ... but my question is more of "can I still level a level 9 frogling to be my tank pet when I am like say level 50. ?" I don't mind if its more work... there are just so many things I am still learning about perfect world, I was concerned it might not be possible....

Right now I am only level 9, but I would rather be out playing then waiting for frogling to spawn... and either happen upon it later, or wait around for the spawn when its more convenient...

Thanks for any info !

You can level it if it's lower level. Phoenixes and Hercs start at level 1 I believe, and you have to level it from there no matter what level you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Your best chance to get the frogling is after server reset after maintainence. No, your gap doesn't really matter. Since you're L50+ you can get into Cube and try to hit room 4, mice bashing, which will level your pet up very quickly. Listen to good music or watch a movie while you do that though. It gets very boring in there.
  • elphaaba
    elphaaba Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Awesome ! Thanks for the quick response and info :) Good to know !
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Frog is useless at your level as a tank pet, and before that it was only good for Hercule Trioc. If you're not getting it for cuteness, I'd skip.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.