Which items are ''useless''?

Sackler - Harshlands
Sackler - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
First off all, Hi I am new to Perfect World International and I just joined about 5 days ago, still learning the game and so far it's pretty fun to play casual and hardcore.
So far I have been taking it pretty light due to real life, and well now that I have been looting many kind of items (despite I am level 9 heh) I want to know which items should be kept/sold to players and which items serve as ''just-vendor-items''.

For example I like crafting and I have gathered ''Pig Iron'' and the description speaks for itself.

''Lowest grade metal for producing equipment''

Now that I know I must keep to craft low rank stuff.

Then I find ''Mystical Fur'' which reads.

''Part of a beast's body''

And ''Buddha's Hand''

''A mystical object containing an unknown force''

Now probably they are just fancy descriptions but they do sound like they are useful.
I have sold them but I am not really sure if they are useful and well asking in game isn't very easy since everyone speaks in the global channel which I can't use still.
Speaking of which... is there a way to make other chat windows? And make them bigger? Some kind of combat window to view my damage and so? And other chat window to check faction chat and the like.

That's all.
Thanks in advance.

Peace!
Post edited by Sackler - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sackler - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Any answer is really appreciated :D

And uh, probably double posting like this is against forum rules.

Sorry =/
  • Rgae - Sanctuary
    Rgae - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Budda hands and mystical fur is jsut for selling. If you want to make your chat bigger, look on the bottom left of the chat window. Theres a button that looks like two arrow things going up and down. Its between the 2 squares and the 4 squares that are different colors. If you click that it changes the chat box size. The combat window is right above your chat window. If you want to see ur dmg, click the very bottom left button that looks liek the 9 squares. Then, you can customize your chat boxes. Just selecet what type of chat you want to change then check the box of what you want to appear in that chat. If you want to open up another chat box, you can make a chat room but people have to join for you to chat with them... that or you join an existing chatroom. Those can be found right above the bar where you type. or if u have them on your buddy list, you can double click on the name and it makes a chat box jstu for u two.

Welcome to pwi. b:pleased
  • mappam7
    mappam7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Will the description ALWAYS give a clue as to the usefulness of an item?

So if it says "part of a body" you know it is Not going to be used to make/upgrade anything?

But if it says "used as craft material" (not exact wording but just Examples) then you know it is useful in crafting?

And along those lines you can merchant sell items that are not useful and Auction or Sell to players the mats/upgrades etc?
    Hugs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
  • Marshmallows - Dreamweaver
    Marshmallows - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    an item is usually not good unless it says "Required for dragon quest: so-and-so" or "material for crafting/apothocary etc"

if it just says "leftovers from some wraith creature" etc etc it's NPC fodder

Of course, Celestones are something you keep as well
  • Sackler - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    Ahhh sweet.
    Thanks for all the answers and for the welcome.

<3
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yeah. The low level "NPC trash" items are:
    ragged fur
    Buddha's hand
    lime stone
    mystical fur
    element powder
    green fragments

Collect them and then sell them to an NPC, because they're the only ones who will buy them. They're a good source of cash for low level players, but nothing else.

If you have any future questions about what items do, you can check out the item in the Perfect World Item Database:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/
    (Make sure the URL has that "/pwi/" in it when searching, or you may be looking at the data for another version of PW. Click the American flag if you don't see PWI in the URL when searching.)
  • Arcane_Max - Harshlands
    Arcane_Max - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    thanks... going to sell