Tips from all Bms for Bms

Options
Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear
Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
post as many useful tips as you can[rare as possible]

lemme start the first b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
Tip :Never go to TT 1-3 and above convincing others that you can tank[ignoring a barb means a doom]*lesson i just learned yesterday =/
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"
- Epicurus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sanjoydeori - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    when will you say a bm can tank TT 1-x?
    and 2-x too please>.>

advice would be: macro is your friendb:victory except for kiting playersb:surrender
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    In TTs , BHs , FBs, Frost etc stun as often as you can , save party's squishes. b:chuckle
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • alkaiza
    alkaiza Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A bm is never meant for tanking, but in case u must, u will know once u know how to effectively use,(when and how) ur skills, such as making use of shadowless, flame, myriad, genie skills and sparks... if u can pull it off then u MAY be able to tank TTs or any boss with ease... but still LVL and gears are a big part in tanking... im not vit build but i can tank and solo some of the bosses in TTs, through countless practice , errors and trials ...

Advice:
    1.learn through trial and error, If u wana master something, practice it, u want to know if u can tank or solo a boss try it, but always look at the mirror first and ask, "can i do it?" only then will u know if u can or cannot,never look down on urself or be overconfident of urself, u will never prove something unless u try it urself.
    2. Heed the advice of the higher lvls- theyve been there done dat, listen to them but theyre not always right but still they know something and u can use that to further in ur knowledge

Tips: If ur rich, or just wants to waste lots of money be hybrid... coz if u have all the skills to ur reach, u have lots of ways to handle different kinds of situation, only then can the words versatility and flexibilityvbe found in a Blademaster
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BMs can so tank. Friend (BM) tanked 2-2 hard squad mode. Yes, including wurlord.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BMs can so tank. Friend (BM) tanked 2-2 hard squad mode. Yes, including wurlord.

QFTb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

The key to tanking wurlord is to cancel his mag attack (not sure if it is actual mag but the attack he channels) with shadowkick/smack etc.
    His normal melee attack doesnt hit a decent BM for much Dmg.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Pay attention. If sh*t goes wrong, it's up to you to step in and take over tanking/AoE stun/Alpha Male then sprint away etc. to buy your party time to gather itself from the "Oh Sh*t" moment from Barb dying/dc, patrol wandered around, or a bad pull.

O_o how much hp did he have?
    The key to tanking wurlord is to cancel his mag attack (not sure if it is actual mag but the attack he channels) with shadowkick/smack etc.

How? Shadowless doesn't c/d fast enough and Smack doesn't work on bosses. His channel attack hits like 5-7k on a barb through BB. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

How? Shadowless doesn't c/d fast enough and Smack doesn't work on bosses. His channel attack hits like 5-7k on a barb through BB. b:shocked

Depends how you mean "it doesnt work on bosses" , no smack doesnt stop them attacking or send them running away like it does mobs... but it does stop channeling (tried and tested countless times).

Yes cooldown plays a part and unless you have lightning chaser as well you will take 1 channel hit in 4.. shadowkick > smack > shadowkick > (cooldown so hit) > shadowkick > smack etc

In theory I suppose he could be tanked with pr0 use of alter marrows.. but that would take a better BM than what I am

(on topic)

TIP:

Hang back from the initial attack of your squad, dont charge in, take a few seconds to check if any other mobs/guards been pulled and if so deal with them.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) Heaven's Flame. Time it with your party's sparks, amps and debuffs. Every class will love you. Also, str genie with tangling mire = bonus. Let the magic classes cast extreme poison.

2) Do NOT cap your vit. Restat when you can refine 9x armor. 7x air mobs will **** you. Heavenweaver quest won't look so bad when you reach The Punishment (trash it if you pick it up, just trust me on that one).

3) Watch over your party's health. Save those that need saving. Stun, AoE, Alpha Male if you must.

4) Most other classes will say that the BM is the least useful class in the game. Learn your skills, use your brains, you will be asked to do many, many things.

5) Genie skill: Balance. Get it. Put it on a STR genie. You'll love it.

You can't cancel EVERY attack. Forshura in 2-3 can one shot crit a low 8x barb. Seen him hit for over 8k. Forshura in 2-2 isn't worth doing.... 2-1 is best done in solo mode.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • King_Wang - Heavens Tear
    King_Wang - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I love being a BM sometimes i wish i had more hp but BM really isnt made for Tanking Everyone knows thats a Barbs job mainly but a good bm has alot of different uses and yes in a pinch can tank a boss.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    post as many useful tips as you can[rare as possible]

lemme start the first b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
    Tip :Never go to TT 1-3 and above convincing others that you can tank[ignoring a barb means a doom]*lesson i just learned yesterday =/

i already tanked every boss from 1-1 to 3-1... i need 2 ep for like 2 or 3 of them
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i already tanked every boss from 1-1 to 3-1... i need 2 ep for like 2 or 3 of them

Same, I have tanked 1-1, to 3-1 np at all. Don't you find it funny that TT90 has a weapon, aka sword that has alot of Vit, Damage reduction%, and Provoke on it? Yup you guessed it even the developers say that we are supposed to be second tanks. If you don't believe me go into TT, or Arch and look up the TT90 sword type weapons. Even TT70-80-next one up from 90 all have Vit or HP, and the last sword for this type has Chi Shield which absorbs damage.

I for one use this weapon, and skills like Sage bleed, Sage Tiger Maw, Sage Stream Strike, and for spike Ocean's edge. Its all about knowing what your doing, also stopping a monsters channeling is a good way to increase threat for yourself, just a tip for those who just got smack or use shadowless kick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Soulbanisher 1-3? Wurlord 2-3? How much HP do you have? o:
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options

soulbanisher 1-3 is easy o.O drum hits harder, i need BB + heal for drum, becouse if he has some chance to go crazy and oneshot me.

wurlord 2-3 to be safe i need BB + heal, but already did it with only BB as barb died, howerwer i think i enarly died every 15 sec or so.

i forgot to add... ofc i cant rly tank belial, but i have really good chance to get into the portal before i die ^^

i have 7250 hp unbuffed only, i am dext build
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    uh.... okay tips

1. range mobs do 1/2 damage when you're close to them
    2. I believe agro is lost somewhere around 11-13 seconds
    3. stunning is able to stop a range mob from running meaning they'll stay still and attack you
    4. stunning cannot stop a magic mob from running but will make them run more (ex. magic mobs usually cast, run, cast, run, cast again and stop there and keep casting. By stunning, it will repeat that cycle)
    5. (for those who are stupid) mobs run the OPPOSITE direction to you unless of something blocking it (not randomly) so don't chase it inside a bunch of other mobs and get "owned"
    6. cloud sprint doesn't work on air mounts
    7. stat effects (slow, cast cancle, bleed, stun) only works when it hits, doesn't work if they miss
    8. DO NOT BAN ME FOR THE FOLLOWING lol IF ANY GM OR WHATEVER SEES THIS lol
    okay here I go... o.o after reagro, if you lose agro and after yellow stuff comes out you can stun them to stop them from moving back and you get agro again. yes... you already know that... b:shocked b:cry after stunning in the yellow phase, if they lose agro without you reagroing them, they will stay in place for the time being after losing agro and slowly walk towards their spawn zone.
    Lol?
    did you see anything?
    you thought I would actully tell you?
    know what? I'll tell you... oh my
    gods (yes plural I have more than 1 god) there's a bee on my keyboard you son
    of a b****. Stupid bee, time for your
    death! Just kidding! I
    love bees :) and I also love
    apples :D big juicy sexy apples lol yes I'm high
    the end :) yessss Light!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    fists = best tanking wep
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Wurlord is my nemesis -.- I've frequently had many encounters with him when the 9x herc or the barb goes down and haven't survived him yet, and no squad will give me a shot at it with healer + bb (in which case I think I could).

I know from experience I can hold 2-1 and 2-2 wulord unhealed and uncharmed long enough for a cleric to rez and buff the tank.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    4. stunning cannot stop a magic mob from running but will make them run more (ex. magic mobs usually cast, run, cast, run, cast again and stop there and keep casting. By stunning, it will repeat that cycle)

Hmm? Could you make this more clear? If the stun lands, I'm pretty sure they stop running. Seal will make them run more if that's what you mean...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1.Fists get a spark about every 20 seconds. even if your not a fist bm, you can pull them out for bosses and use your spark or 2 spark skills more often.

2.Ranged and magic mobs run twice, then stop. Stunning a magic mob stops their casting and makes them hold still, but one the stun wears off, they will run again.

3. Heaven's flame stacks with cleric debuffs, veno amp damage, wizard's undine strike and genie skills like tangling mire and extreme poison. Throw them all on at once and even bosses will feel it.

4. give your squad about a 5 second warning before you use heaven's flame. That will give everyone time to use their debuff skills or spark, and let the barb get in a few skills to keep agro. If you have a cleric with full chi, they'll have enough time to spark, debuff to get another spark, and throw tempest for massive damage.

5. if a wandering mob is threatening the party, you can break of and take care of it yourself before its a problem. marrows and sutra should keep you safe, even without a cleric.
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmm? Could you make this more clear? If the stun lands, I'm pretty sure they stop running. Seal will make them run more if that's what you mean...

As in they'll be running more after the stun o.o
    archers don't run after stuns, they just stand there and start shooting you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

i have just over 5k hp and i tanked him with bb and heals never once came close to dieing its all in the timing of shadowless kick and lightning chaser and timing your spark so you dont have to take any dmg.
    soulbanisher 1-3 is easy o.O drum hits harder, i need BB + heal for drum, becouse if he has some chance to go crazy and oneshot me.

wurlord 2-3 to be safe i need BB + heal, but already did it with only BB as barb died, howerwer i think i enarly died every 15 sec or so.

i forgot to add... ofc i cant rly tank belial, but i have really good chance to get into the portal before i die ^^

i have 7250 hp unbuffed only, i am dext build

here is a tip use shadowless kick > Lightning chaser > shadowless kick > Lightning chaser > Shadowless kick > Spark > repeat just keep doing this and you wont get touched except maybe 1 time. make sure you time your spark so you can resist his magic attack.
    How? Shadowless doesn't c/d fast enough and Smack doesn't work on bosses. His channel attack hits like 5-7k on a barb through BB.

>.> his magic attack hits me for 3k with bb barbs i think exagerate so they can get the first pick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited October 2009
    Options

>.> his magic attack hits me for 3k with bb barbs i think exagerate so they can get the first pick.
    What level were you when it hit you for 3k? This was an upper 7X barb and it was about 5-7K since his hp went down to about 20% o_o. Then errr party wiped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Norgannon - Lost City
    Norgannon - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wurlord deals 10091 damage.

That HURTED.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What level were you when it hit you for 3k? This was an upper 7X barb and it was about 5-7K since his hp went down to about 20% o_o. Then errr party wiped.

this lvl but i was wearing tt 80/70 gear -.-; had issues getting my 90's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i have just over 5k hp and i tanked him with bb and heals never once came close to dieing its all in the timing of shadowless kick and lightning chaser and timing your spark so you dont have to take any dmg.

here is a tip use shadowless kick > Lightning chaser > shadowless kick > Lightning chaser > Shadowless kick > Spark > repeat just keep doing this and you wont get touched except maybe 1 time. make sure you time your spark so you can resist his magic attack.

i only use lightning chaser since i have only lvl7x 3 star fists, and i cant keep aggro with these, so i tank with GX. sometimes i took it off for cyclone thou
    Nullum crimen sine lege.