Question about...

_Myrddin_ - Harshlands
_Myrddin_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
...how is your free time in PWI?
Let me explain.
We all know that being clerics its to help others (when? i dont recall reading that Revive have to be used to ress people at the pther side of the map. i always thought it was to revive stupid DD taking aggro during a TT/FC/FB...), but lately for me became hard to have free time.
Everytime there is someone (friend or guild) that pm me "can you help" or "are you free", some ppl stopped to ask me and directly started to say what they want, "FC", "I Want You To Open HH For Me", "Ress XXX XXX"...
There are time in the day i dont stop saying NO to people, and started to use mean Auto-Response...
I'm not famous for helping ppl all day, so cant really understand what happens.
Tell me, its the same for all of you?
Post edited by _Myrddin_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My solution:

nowitsawn Auto Message: AFK, go get your res somewhere else.

as for opening TT.. I have a lv1 cleric logged in at Town of Arrivals for that purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't get many ress requests, actually. More BH69 now...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    lately i receive 2-3 fc request each day...less bh than during september, though...
    i use a lot of autoresponse but ppl started using chat windowb:embarrass
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i dont have much time for game lately so i started to use auto-responses like:

"just for cs" "doin wq"

or when i ve some time "bh69" "TT 1-3" "fb59" when doin it

and recently some friends started to say im selfish coz i dont help so much now b:shutup
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ppl actually gave up asking help cause the answer would be no. I'm not helpful, call me mean, ****, hoe, but i don't see the reason why Clerics should be helpful and ready to run your craps, while other privilegiate classes (i.e. DDs) don't have this kind of problems.

Exception is for close friends, but luckily, their help request are generally "TT" (loving it, tank/me/archer for 1-3, tank/me/archer/archer for 2-2) and "GV" ---> i don't obviously have to say no b:victory

Free time is generally dedicated to PKing or checking catshops/AH for cheap craps to sell for more.
  • SmokeyDawn - Sanctuary
    SmokeyDawn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Frankly if you don't like Healing why would you become a Cleric?? I'm in the medical field in real life and am REQUIRED by the Hippocratic Oath to give aid whenever needed (no matter HOW inconvenient!!) so maybe my opinion is biased...
    It DOES irritate me when people DEMAND a rez and then don't even say "Thanx" !! b:angry
    Oh...and I'm usually flying around farming in my "free time" anyway so being called for a rez is no biggie...
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There's more to a cleric than making other players' play more convenient for them. Clerics have the ability to do wicked aoes that most people wouldn't dream of, even with a cleric to keep them alive. Clerics can totally own in PvP when handled properly. They aren't slaves, they're the slave drivers. b:victory They're right up there with the tank. If they get pissed and decide to bail, you're all screwed.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I don't seem to have much PW free time, since most of my PW friends know I'm someone they can call on for a little backup or a quick rez. A couple days ago, I actually maxed out my quest log because I had spent all my time doing bhes and helping other people, and neglected to do any of my own quests. I had to take a personal day to get some of the 5+ level old quests out of the way, and explained as much to anyone asking for help.

It can get tiresome flying around the map to help with bhes and boss quests, but it certainly keeps things exciting, and I like feeling like I'm someone my friends can count on.

Besides, if I don't feel like being hassled for help, I can just switch to one of my alts. There's a reason I haven't told any of my faction mates what those alts are. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not the highest level cleric, so I'm not asked for help often. Bust since I used to play on the Sancturary server, I knew clerics that would tell others that they didnt even have ressurect because they didn't feel like flying clear across the map to ressurect someone.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    b:chuckle You could always tell them that you have L1 ress.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Omg, I know what your going through too. As soon as I log in, I'm PMed by a billion people... b:sweat I mean.... Are they psychic? And each time I finally somehow manage to hang out with friends, I have people bombing me to help with quests, bosses, revive, etc. I mean..... Can't I have free time?!?!?!

Yeah..... b:cry Its so weird, before I had a ton of freetime.. Now... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Omg, I know what your going through too. As soon as I log in, I'm PMed by a billion people... b:sweat I mean.... Are they psychic? And each time I finally somehow manage to hang out with friends, I have people bombing me to help with quests, bosses, revive, etc. I mean..... Can't I have free time?!?!?!

Yeah..... b:cry Its so weird, before I had a ton of freetime.. Now... b:surrender

Either they are looking in the faction window, or they set up a notification through friends menu to notify them when you come online. If it's the 2nd, you can't get on without them automatically knowing. They should add some kind of log on in offline status.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Frankly if you don't like Healing why would you become a Cleric?? I'm in the medical field in real life and am REQUIRED by the Hippocratic Oath to give aid whenever needed (no matter HOW inconvenient!!) so maybe my opinion is biased...
    It DOES irritate me when people DEMAND a rez and then don't even say "Thanx" !! b:angry
    Oh...and I'm usually flying around farming in my "free time" anyway so being called for a rez is no biggie...

you will soon change idea getting higher level.
    i love playing cleric, its fun, have a lot of skill and people DO have to listen you. the problem is that growing with level you need more time for yourself (quest, farming, HH...) and helping others can take hours.
    i'm starting to think that there really is a shortage of clerics (from my point of view, of good tanks).
    And for the "thanks" after ress lemme say this: once i went in fb79 to ress a friend at Linus (the end of the fb, really). friend was also in hurry, so i had to **** my genie with holypath. friend didnt even told me thanks...since that day i decided to start saying no. PS: dont ask me why i went, i dont remember.
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Why have a cleric if your not a helpful person period ?

Clerics are the supreme support class in any and every game so it shouldn't be a surprised you get ask for help alot wouldn't you think thats to be expected ?

Aside from all the dungens and what not what do you think your role is ? To sit back and relax b:laugh . Its just as dumb a complaint as a barb being pestered to always tank.

My Advice, If you dont like the role the character comes with ReRoll to something else. Maybe a class that isnt needed alot like a BM or a Veno so you can spend your days soloing to your own pleasure b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    What planet did you come from? There is always one BM in my squad when I do a dungeon run. BMs are required in rebirths. Don't BS that they aren't needed. Don't BS about Venos. Being one of the most versatile classes in the game, if you can't find someone to help you in that specific area you can usually get a veno to do it. I think I have tanked more TT/FB/BH runs than most barbs/bms have.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Clerics are the supreme support class in any and every game so it shouldn't be a surprised you get ask for help alot wouldn't you think thats to be expected ?

Aside from all the dungens and what not what do you think your role is ? To sit back and relax b:laugh . Its just as dumb a complaint as a barb being pestered to always tank.

My Advice, If you dont like the role the character comes with ReRoll to something else. Maybe a class that isnt needed alot like a BM or a Veno so you can spend your days soloing to your own pleasure b:bye

I think you kinda missed the point of the thread.

Yes, clerics are the PWI support class, and yes we usually like healing and buffing and rezing and generally being helpful... but that doesn't mean we don't have needs.

We're a very expensive class, so we need to grind just as much as everyone else. We need time to farm materials, just like everyone else. We have quests to do, just like everyone else. And we need to level and improve our stats and skills, particularly our heals and buffs, lest our squads fail because we're running around with an underleveled Stream of Rejuvination.

It's very hard to do all that when we're constantly being called away to help with someone else's boss, or someone else's bh, neither of which the helper gets any decent reward for (despite what resources said cleric might have burned on it).

This isn't about squad roles or anything like that. This is about balancing the needs of our friends and faction with our own. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I try to alternate days when i help people. One day I'll go around healing for bhs, bosses, etc, and the next day I'll get my stuff done. If its not the day to go out and help someone, i politely tell them I'm busy and ask them to look elsewhere. The only time i will help is if there's something in it for me (TT).

I enjoy healing and buffing, but i have my own quests to do and mobs to kill. So perhaps i took a Hypocritic Oath. I help when its convenient for me. If it's not, there are a fair amount of other clerics- ask them, maybe they're nicer than me b:laugh
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    there is something missing or misunderstand.
    WHO in the first place said that clerics are here to help?!
    all class are meant to COLLABORATE.
    you alwasy read message like "need cleric for jewel/krimson/manta..."
    and it always ends to be you, the poor tank and a useless lowbie. (recalling the old times with Raged and Yanb:cry)
    DD arent meant to help?

but that isnt the main topic.
    what i wanted to know was how other clerics have/use their free time (did you have days 36 hours long?), cuz all this "help me help me" and complain destroyed my optmistic view of gaming, turning me in a egoistic cleric.
    i know i'm needed, thats' my strenght.
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009

1st --- > You are not a clerik so you don't know what it is like,

2nd he has asked other cleriks for his opinion so why are you being SOOOOOO Greatful?

3rd do u know what ur role is? simply solo play? if so then play solo why r u in forums? b:chuckle

4th Myrddin is my friend and I know what he goes through all day (and I think he will agree to me that I m not one of those who PMs him for help every now and then)

And Myr bro who said You hv to help others every time they ask for?
    Just do what u like man, being a clerik doesn't mean Follow the **** of tank all the time.

ENJOY THE GAME

b:victory Love u LOADS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    most of ppz choosin cleric char are aware of what they are getting into
    and if thy dont- thy stop playin cleric at low lvls
    so most of us at h-lvls have some predispositions for bein one (f.e. 'bein helpful type' or 'like to pick up chicks for bein doctor').

the prob are friends that seriously offend coz you say them 'no' few times b:faint

and more lvls i have - more time i need for myself b:sweat

btw i never had time for grindin mats, and stoped to do ma quests at 70lvl, just to find more time for requests and dungeons. but its always not enough b:surrender

conclusion: feel free to spam me for help- i dont mind. but dont add me to blacklist if i say 'no' 3rd time b:chuckle
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• HealHamsta - Lost City
    HealHamsta - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:sweat lately me has been getting requests to....run BH29/39/51 on me wizard...
    D:
    b:cold

now that me rolled a cleric alt me expect to be bombarded with res request.
    me hamtastic solution?
    leave them dead unless me happen to be passing over then.
    xD
    b:chuckle

and why the heck are there sooooo many lowlevel clerics running around now? yet they're nearly nonexistant in the higher levels....
  • Newyn - Heavens Tear
    Newyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What I do on my free time. Its best explained this way
    Auto Replay:AFK try later Or TT1-1/1-2 Solo try later
    Sence I actuly do those stuff most ppl dont have prob when I say Im busy AOE grinding 20+ mobs, quests, BH etc. And kepp ure friends list to ppl that wont pm u for rev al the time.

BTW why does it say Singel mode if u can be in party?
    To Lazy to make 1. b:infuriated
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Newyn, assuming you're asking about TT: It's for venos, bms, and barbs to go in with a cleric or without one to solo the bosses for mats. Mats have a lower drop rate in solo mode though.
  • SmokeyDawn - Sanctuary
    SmokeyDawn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm curious....what do you all think of charging for a rez?? And how much approximately?? And would YOU as a Cleric pay for a rez ever??
    Like I said...just curious since we ARE the poorest class! b:sin
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    most of ppz choosin cleric char are aware of what they are getting into
    and if thy dont- thy stop playin cleric at low lvls
    so most of us at h-lvls have some predispositions for bein one (f.e. 'bein helpful type' or 'like to pick up chicks for bein doctor').

I chose it because I play a healer class in another game.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited October 2009
    @MystiMonk

well, i like to pick up girls, i m helpful when i 've time and also coz it s hardest char to play (keepin alive 6-ppl squad when thy bit messy is fun b:chuckle )

@SmokeyDawn

never charged anyone, but it wud be nice custom if ppz pay us xD
    but since there is so much free exp from dailies, exp loss isnt so bad anymore = rez wud be cheap