Heavy armour build questiono

kentoz
kentoz Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
I was just wondering if heavy armor veno build is viable at the beginning?
Post edited by kentoz on

Comments

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not really, low attack, very expensive, slow grinding, very hard to acquire any legendary or EQs with + stats you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazon - Sanctuary
    Hazon - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dun try to build till u have enough stats or know wat u doing. cos I'm a living example when i started in my lvl40s. just read Rei's guide or highly recommemd to start at lvl 80.
  • Grayroses - Heavens Tear
    Grayroses - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Go for magic/vitality build til around 80-90 and then restat to heavy armor. This will make your life a lot easier and your gameplay more pleasant.
    Forum trolls are **** beings who find pleasure in picking on other forum users,trying to bully them. Probably kids or antisocial people, feeding themselves with burgers,chips and soda, 23/7 in front of a PC, they are trying to release their frustration through moronic posts. My advice for them is:get a life (girlfriend,job,pet) or visit a **** site to release your anger and hate due to lack of parental love in childhood. Have fun!
  • shuyinzx
    shuyinzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol yes its very freaking expensive. Here's what to look for as if u plan on going from 1- w/e lvl u plan on to stop leveling [ I think after 90 you'll be fine but what the hey its 90 -_-]

Here's what to look for as heavy from beginning

I am a ha/aa from 1 to 70 XD and here's some things I have notice

1. 2 set of armor [switching armor in a dungeon with both magic and physical mob are such a pain >.<]
    2. gear with added stats
    3. gear with -% requirement
    4. 2 set of skill magic and fox form [even if your gonna go full fox u still need magic for your weap so might as well some skill, makes grinding faster]
    5. lower pet heal [wellll u heal as much as a light armor build]
    6. lower magic damage [compare to full mag build]
    lower magic critz [compare to light armor build]
    7. a little bit lower magic def [compare to full mag build/ youll have same magic def as light though]
    8. less hp than [compare to vit/mag build]
    9. last of all you are in the front lines and usually the cleric focus heal on barb and bm and neglect you.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ...b:shockedwhy?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not really, low attack, very expensive, slow grinding, very hard to acquire any legendary or EQs with + stats you need.

Is it slow just for casting or for fox with melee mastery also?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    phys damage and accuracy are too low with fox form lvl1 and no melee mastery. even if you wish to wear heavy since the beginning, use magic. frankly i'd recommend you to switch to fox only at lvl39, after getting leech.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If there is one good thing to be had from going heavy at the start,it'll be that the painfull journey ahead will stand you in good stead for you're higher levels(but like everyone else i wouldn't recommend it)

@Kittenice,btw noticed you hanging round immolation one time,impressive build on your veno :P
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    shuyinzx wrote: »
    5. lower pet heal [wellll u heal as much as a light armor build]

I have to disagree. No offense to heavy armor venos, but I have more magic than them therefore my heals are a bit better. They aren't as good as a pure mag veno, but I'm decent with heals. Even for my light armor status.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Is it slow just for casting or for fox with melee mastery also?

Well, I wasn't this build at lower levels myself, but I do think i've got enough of an idea of what it is like. Fox form damage with this build is always gunna be far lower than your magic attack. I'd imagine you wouldn't be pulling out very good damage at all in fox form at the lower levels.

I mean, you could go with a build a bit more leaned towards fox, (magic venos will still do far more damage) you'd have to transform just to change into robes which could be a pain in the butt. And you'd still have that annoying nagging problem of stat issues regarding mag/str/dex requirements.
    IMO, arcane veno is best till 80+ :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Are you guys talking about dmg or dps? I'm arcane and in fox form I believe I out dps my Herc considerably in fox even. Hits are lighter -yes, but much faster. Throw Amp and Myriad into the equation and it seems like I could take down mobs faster IF I was heavy fox. One thing that keeps me from doing it is the limitation on pet heal.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    IMO, arcane veno is best till 80+ :/
    since 50 I feel like my HA fox is far superior than my wiz (in equal level) in survivability and for pve in general as I don't need charms or meditating. for pvp I think any 80ish veno survives demon armageddon. against magic classes it's terrible though...
    Are you guys talking about dmg or dps? I'm arcane and in fox form I believe I out dps my Herc considerably in fox even. Hits are lighter -yes, but much faster. Throw Amp and Myriad into the equation and it seems like I could take down mobs faster IF I was heavy fox. One thing that keeps me from doing it is the limitation on pet heal.

pet heal is not that bad for heavy venos. i've been to TT 1-1 for the first time at lvl61 with my HA veno. I was able to keep a wolf alive on the fire mobs with unrefined TT60 magic weapon. actually i haven't played pure magic veno to learn the differences but i think it's ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I think that is one reason people recommend HA for 80+, so you have your amp maxed and you get myriad as well... Not to mention you will have the money you need to have the gear to pull it off.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009

I don't know why people say theres a limitation on pet heals,if you do your gears right your magic will be enough to heal your herc through anything,i have always been able to do any boss that an arcane could do,so dont let that stop you ever switching to heavy.

At the minute my max mag attack is 5.5k,kind of low but i havent gotten all my gears yet for my lvl(should have several gold tt items by now but anni packs have messed things up lately)but i can still do any boss i wish with that.

Fox form hits are incredible too yes,i easily out dps my casting.
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    my two cents, right from beginning go heavy armor? no. My veno is currently at lvl 66, and i had her go heavy at 45ish. thats still kinda early, but at the rate that the beginning levels pass, it is much easier to go arcane till atleast 40 and then gradually restat to heavy. However, i would agree that restatting in the later levels would be a smarter choice. arcane venos can run TT easy, and they dont have stat issues that heavy venos have in the earlier lvls. hope it helps/made sense :)
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • Bestialitee - Lost City
    Bestialitee - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    level 1 heavy armor takes 5 str 5 dex, and has enough pdef to be better than any robe equips until ~20. when you do your "meet lost city" quest, pick all the heavy items considering nothing before level 20 casts in the first place. (that and you never have to take a hit anyways)

so honestly it is best to go heavy from the start, but then immediately go robe
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't know why people say theres a limitation on pet heals,if you do your gears right your magic will be enough to heal your herc through anything,i have always been able to do any boss that an arcane could do,so dont let that stop you ever switching to heavy.

At the minute my max mag attack is 5.5k,kind of low but i havent gotten all my gears yet for my lvl(should have several gold tt items by now but anni packs have messed things up lately)but i can still do any boss i wish with that.

Fox form hits are incredible too yes,i easily out dps my casting.

Then it wasn't a boss that was pushing your limits. HA heals are about 75% as strong (assuming 3 magic/level) as arcane on a pure heal basis. Where the difference is, is in how fast they can be applied. If you're doing a melee type veno you're not going to have any channeling gear. 75% of the healing power and 82% of the heal speed puts you at 61.5% of the overall healing ability. If you're using channeling jewelry you can keep up on the speed, but still weaker in total healing. Whether that matters or not though, depends on what you're needing the heals against.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Even as pure mag, I've had to acquire + mag equips specifically for boss tanking to keep my heals up.
    edited October 2009
    Then it wasn't a boss that was pushing your limits. HA heals are about 75% as strong (assuming 3 magic/level) as arcane on a pure heal basis. Where the difference is, is in how fast they can be applied. If you're doing a melee type veno you're not going to have any channeling gear. 75% of the healing power and 82% of the heal speed puts you at 61.5% of the overall healing ability. If you're using channeling jewelry you can keep up on the speed, but still weaker in total healing. Whether that matters or not though, depends on what you're needing the heals against.

With herc,name me a single boss i can not do that an aa can do,i've been able to do all tt's at the relevant level,and fb's :O

The healing power may be cut down,but not cut down enough for it to be a problem,i can also do bosses that an aa by themselves can't do,all the percussion bosses for one.

You won't be able to name one,i've done every boss thats possible(not counting a blessed herc with world bosses)
    edited October 2009
    I might aswell post. I don't know if they are talking fox/human heavy.

I used human form and had ha in the beginning. I re-did my build on Harshlands @.@. It went smoothly and I was lazy so I used venomous at far away mobs. I am still trying to decide on another pet. I'm thinking a snake/penguin/ or Tuskmoor guy. I might go with Tuskmoor (blue one).

So I'm soloing my quests for now in HA and the mobs don't hurt a bit. Took 2-5 out of me with lv1 HA.

You can go heavy if you don't want a pet right away or so you can go afk without worrying too much.

Stats now are:

lv 5

Str: 13
    Mag: 6
    Vit: 13
    Dex: 8
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • shuyinzx
    shuyinzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have to disagree. No offense to heavy armor venos, but I have more magic than them therefore my heals are a bit better. They aren't as good as a pure mag veno, but I'm decent with heals. Even for my light armor status.

well for my build instead of putting dex i put it to str so my Veno has just as much heal as a light armor. But there are a lot of different heavy Veno build not just one kind so it kinda depend.

oh one more thing your pretty much screwed since you put point to vit since we heavy veno cant spare any point to vit. so in other word ull be a bit more nerfed than that of a normal veno about 10 point if you havent use reset to make vit to 3 and 12 point if you have.
    edited October 2009
    shuyinzx wrote: »
    well for my build instead of putting dex i put it to str so my Veno has just as much heal as a light armor. But there are a lot of different heavy Veno build not just one kind so it kinda depend.

oh one more thing your pretty much screwed since you put point to vit since we heavy veno cant spare any point to vit. so in other word ull be a bit more nerfed than that of a normal veno about 10 point if you havent use reset to make vit to 3 and 12 point if you have.

That is not true at all. True heavy puts in vit. There are always points to spare for vit.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!