mage sleep

Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
Omg its fun to use this skill xD Sleep then ulti, or watch them spark and sleep them... SO worth the coin b:laugh

Also... really good for duels... start out with FoW then some poke skill, then sleep ulti with extreme poison. Works really good on clerics n archers n such until they catch on and start using plume shell or something before the duel starts :)
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Omg its fun to use this skill xD Sleep then ulti, or watch them spark and sleep them... SO worth the coin b:laugh

Also... really good for duels... start out with FoW then some poke skill, then sleep ulti with extreme poison. Works really good on clerics n archers n such until they catch on and start using plume shell or something before the duel starts :)
    Fortunately cheap apocalypse pages allowed to me buy it as well.
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yep

FoW > Undine > Sleep > Ult + genie skills = godlike b:cute
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sleep and FoW are a mages only skills to interrupt someone.
    In TW, when a bunch of archers are AoE-ing your cata, to have both is a must.
    In every PvP fight a Sleep, although for 4 seconds , can make all the diff in the world.
    I wouldn't mind having a 30sec sleep like clerics do, but used wisely this 4 sec one can be a great weapon.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Only thing I hate is the small damage from Undine that wakes people up. You can't Sleep -> Undine -> Big spell like clerics do. b:cry

- Amy
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Only thing I hate is the small damage from Undine that wakes people up. You can't Sleep -> Undine -> Big spell like clerics do. b:cry

- Amy

ya, we gotta just nuke them or undine before hte sleep... i like the 30 sec sleep clerics get, but having instance cast is pretty awesome too. b:cute
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2009

- Amy

Of course you can *points to my signiature*

All undined slept ults

Lol at being envious of 30 sec sleep, maybe good if they're running away but 4 sec sleep is enough to throw off bt\bids and do the job

If that doesn't kill them you're a bad mage for not getting them to 51 percent hp beforehand
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    you dont see the potential in having a longer sleep? 2v1... you sleep one and kill the other, then go after the slept one. Sleep someone, wait for ur charm to recharge, maybe heal urself... buff, give yourself a little time to do w/e you want. If it's somebody you dont want to fight, you could always sleep them and walk away while laughing at them. So ya, I'm envious of a 30 second sleep.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you dont see the potential in having a longer sleep? 2v1... you sleep one and kill the other, then go after the slept one. Sleep someone, wait for ur charm to recharge, maybe heal urself... buff, give yourself a little time to do w/e you want. If it's somebody you dont want to fight, you could always sleep them and walk away while laughing at them. So ya, I'm envious of a 30 second sleep.

Keep in mind...Sleep is fantastic BUT once you hit the target = Sleep off.

It works wonders in PvP is you want to "get rid" of a class --> Sleep and leave alone and Melee classes you can sleep > attack > paralyse

The downfall --> With SO many anti-stun/sleep Genie skills and Pots, kinda makes it Lame. Have to time it and use it right, especially IF a BM uses Balance (b:surrender)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    it's not the duration I'm jealous of... it's the cooldown.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    only thing that sucks is when they have all that time to invuln pot your ult, thus wasting all your sparks and your sleep -_-
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I've never seen anyone do that.

But mage sleep is amazing. Just wish CD were shorter.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum