Getting OHT boots instead of TT90 arcane, but have a serious quandry

Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
I currently found some OHT Arcane boots that have Pdef +94 x3 on it, which is HUGE, but it has no sockets and costs 4mil just for the first socket alone, which means I won't be adding sockets. While this is all well and good, the TT90's I have have three sockets with Flawless Citrines, so including the +8 vit stat that's like +200 HP, vs +282 Pdef. Something about dropping 200 HP for 282 Pdef doesnt seem quite right.

Right now I have 4863 HP, and 1888 Pdef, would go down to 4683 HP and 2170 Pdef. The reason my Pdef is so low is because I only sharded Pdef stones in two of my 6 shardable gears, the rest being HP. I even statted a whopping 69 Vit on my wiz, for rebirth survivability.

The nut of it all comes down to "I don't have the 40+ million to get my gears from +3 to +5, so I statted vit and sharded HP/Pdef mix, and as a result my Pdef is sick low."

Any advice other than "use a credit card to get 40 million coin and refine up" would be greatly appreciated. I guess I'm mainly asking is sacking 200 HP for 282 Pdef worth it, with those numbers?
Post edited by Nigrosity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    wew no. 4m for a little bit of pdef and no sockets? sounds like a crazy rip-off. does it at least have all 5 resist?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ...no, doesn't sound worth it. Honestly it sounds like a better idea to remove your HP shards and put pdef shards in. Either that or just keep looking for past boots with pdef for a better price.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Kamen - Harshlands
    Kamen - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you are a moron b:laugh

vit mage with hp gems =PRO

restat to pure magic and reshard your gear to garnets b:shutup
  • Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    wew no. 4m for a little bit of pdef and no sockets? sounds like a crazy rip-off. does it at least have all 5 resist?

what are you talking about?
    edited October 2009

still sacking 200 HP for 240~ Pdef if i do this

not saying it's a bad thing but it's the same
    edited October 2009
    ...no, doesn't sound worth it. Honestly it sounds like a better idea to remove your HP shards and put pdef shards in. Either that or just keep looking for past boots with pdef for a better price.

in the same vein...this is just a cheaper way than resharding, now that shards are 400k each.

in case people are misreading i HAVE the Pdef x3 OHT boots already, i'm not paying anything for them, was just wondering out loud if anyone thinks i can do better or should I not care that it has no socks

either way the question was "is trading 200 HP for 282 Pdef with my numbers" worth it, and it looks like the answer is unanimously yes so far.

Thanks
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    what are you talking about?
    still sacking 200 HP for 240~ Pdef if i do this

not saying it's a bad thing but it's the same
    in the same vein...this is just a cheaper way than resharding, now that shards are 400k each.

in case people are misreading i HAVE the Pdef x3 OHT boots already, i'm not paying anything for them, was just wondering out loud if anyone thinks i can do better or should I not care that it has no socks

either way the question was "is trading 200 HP for 282 Pdef with my numbers" worth it, and it looks like the answer is unanimously yes so far.

Thanks

nice triple post sir <_<
    edited October 2009

and on this vein, i hear 3100 HP is a very bad thing

even with all +5 refines i'd only have 3300
    edited October 2009
    nice triple post sir <_<

thanks, i'm too dumb apparently to get the multi quote to work like i want it to
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    Hizaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Im a pure mag wizard with 3.2k hp. Sharded Citrines in everything until at least level 90 then I'll calculate garnet/citrine usage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
    edited October 2009
    K used the builder to switch everything to Pdef

So this is a much better way to go then?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d345606c530a0da0

Trading about 600 HP for 800 Pdef, if this is the case.

Feedback needed, thanks.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I'm kinda stunned....I have worse gear than u and similar stats....
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5c02a91d8b000911
    I'm still work in progress and will be for the next 2 weeks or so.
    But if u compare them, we have about the same amount of HP and my base vit is 5 plus i have 1k more dmg, and this is the pdef version ( with dmg rings and - channeling ornaments I get about 600 more in dmg increase).

I honestly don't know what to say...
    try this:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fa1ea8f4df00e3a7

I know you are alergic to refines, but...you only loose 1% in dmg reduction and you really getting somewhere with that vitality of yours. Otherwise is just useless.
    As a general rule after 90:
    - Pdef in comming from refined ornamets and shards
    - HP is comming from refined gear and shards.
    so you see...refine is everywhere. There is no workaround... u NEED to refine. I know is expensive, I know it sucks to see your 3 mil going for a socket or 30HP from a refine. BUT every little bit here and there counts. and when you are buffed up (TW/TT/BH/FC/younameit) then that little becomes a lot.
    That's my 2 cents.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I HOPE you're not forgetting about stone barrier btw

4.5k pdef is more than enough at 90 imo

4.2k hp 4k pdef (self buffed) with 53 vit is easily manageable @ 90 without csing