Lag Storms

Sukurachan - Heavens Tear
Sukurachan - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Support Desk
Urgh I dunno if anyone else is experiencing the massive lag storms that I am but I am seriously over them...ever since the last update introducing the new tideborn shat I keep getting lagged all over the place...doing a bounty hunter is nearly non existant these days cause of the lag it's bloody pathetic...
So the gm's and dev's may say it's ur graphic card. update it...but going from the post in the technical support forum to update ur graphics mine are fully updated and ready to go..enough ram to support and a mother board that is equally sufficient...yet still my game lags out to the point where i have to reset my pc...Damn even logging out of this game is pathetic now...It's to the point where if i want to log out i might as well just reset..never had to do it b4 with this pc why should i have to do it now?... So the point of this whole whinge of facts is that they should FIX THE FREAKIN LAG.. if they can't do that then what are they good for apart from taking our money.....

So 10 mins after being frozen out and having to push the reset button on my pc cause i'm frozen in the freakin game i'm still there...HOW DOES THAT WORK...so yes i can force log..what about the trade I was trying to make the first time i got frozen...
AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH....if i didn't love this game that much i'd say it Freakin Sucks at least on the last game i played the devs respected us enough to give us 2x's exp weekends every month..this game it seems just likes taking ur money and making you angry......
*Mankind has progressed to a point in its dimwitted history, where life has been drained of all its enchantment* b:cool
Post edited by Sukurachan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Moved to Tech Support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suku
    suku Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yeah the lag in this game sucks nuts + A guild members teles from near dreamweaver port and they are stuck in unavilable tideborn zone..... Game isnt running great ;p
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I seem to be lagging a lot in RB while I'm using barrage.

I'll see mobs come up while my character continues to use barrage, then they just stop for a while, then they next thing I know I'm either surrounded by dead mobs or I'm in 1k
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Stripey - Heavens Tear
    Stripey - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Don't know if it's the same thing, but I'm in UK and between 19:30 and 22:30 GMT (11:30 to 14:30 PST I think) I can hardly do anything in west Arch. It seems to be as soon as the Snake Isle Dragon Race is announced that things go bad.
    I know West Arch is always a bit laggy, but I've been playing for over a year (still waiting for my anniversary mount to be transferred over guys - 2 tickets sent so far b:mischievous) and since patch 192 it's got to the state where I can't go near west during those times.
    If I do, e.g. to try and hand in crazy stones or world quest, I'll have no NPCs to hand in to, or if I do, I won't be able to click on them. Strangely, I can move around quite freely, just can't click on anything though.
    If I then move out of West and try to click on anything, it's a near certainty that I'll d/c. This happens on both my PC (Quad-core, 3Gb Ram etc.) and my wife's laptop. As soon as we move away from Arch, the problem seems to disappear, but it's odd that it's confined to those times.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I noticed the race itself was quite laggy last night. I also noticed "spurts" of lag in a bh last week which was not during race times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuscienne83
    fuscienne83 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    me and my partner have been experiencing huge lag issues since the last patch and they don't stop. They will last for minutes at a time and will stop for a few seconds then return. This is affecting our game play and I will not be spending any more money on this game until it is fixed.

We are in the UK, both have more than what is required to play the game and our ISP has never given us issues (we have played many games in the past, this one included).
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    +1. Anywhere around Archosaur is liable to get any alts killed, lately. I'll select a new mob, alt-1, delay, the pet is attacking another one (90% of the time, it's OK, but sometimes I just selected a new one because it's going to attack me!). It usually happens other minor lag symptoms present.

Other times, animations will go on like everything is fine, but no actions work, then 5-20 seconds later, it races through what I and others tried to do during that time (luckily, it does do them all, as expected, so no deaths from that, yet).

Three times in the past couple days, I've died from a nearby ranged monster that showed no indications of even attacking, until I was dead. That is, it would be standing well out of range, I'd see a couple hits tick by very fast, a couple more at normal rates, then die, then it would be closer upon the death message, as though that one monster were out of sync.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • Bunnysweet - Harshlands
    Bunnysweet - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i lag in and cant move for like 10 20mins of killing and cant the
    help plz
  • Vaptor - Lost City
    Vaptor - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Seen this before seems every game that uses stuff related to the unreal engine suffers from a bad design flaw.

what flaw is this you ask and why was it never fixed?

simple it never becomes a problem untill theres alot of content being acessed from diffent files this is Failed file loading lag.

the result of the game trying to open files using either incorrect folders and retrying each folder till it finds the file and possibly using random file exentions till it hits the right one.

this game is based on a modified unreal engine the designers said so. i found this problem existed when i was making game addons for a diffrent game unreal tournamet 2004. there was a workaround to fix it but i gave up making addons when i found unreal tournament 3 was so much worse throwing 500 errors per added resource... explains why they made it so hard to import content cause they didn't want ppl to...
This discussion has been closed.