herc lvl 62

High_Lord - Heavens Tear
High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
ok at lvl 62 with a herc i can only solo chin in TT1-1 should i be able to solo drum to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Heatwave Leader~
Post edited by High_Lord - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Technically yes (for any well-built veno as far as healing your pet goes) since drum hurts but not really any more than Chintien. However, you also need the veno to survive to be able to heal, and unless you are charmed or something (why would you for TT 1-1?!), or burn up plenty of jiaozi (also quite a waste of coin), you would die, and the cost of surviving his AOE simply isn't worth it other than for bragging rights.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    solo mode - yes, drum doesn't aoe in solo mode

squad mode, more than likely not, aoe increases as HP drops, when he gets down to 5% and lower, each aoe can hit for 2.5k+

the worst thing is having the last aoe @ .5% hp left hitting you for more than your max HP, and dying as your herc delivers the final hit, and just watching your drops poof. its happened to me, and its sad b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited October 2009

squad mode, more than likely not, aoe increases as HP drops, when he gets down to 5% and lower, each aoe can hit for 2.5k+

the worst thing is having the last aoe @ .5% hp left hitting you for more than your max HP, and dying as your herc delivers the final hit, and just watching your drops poof. its happened to me, and its sad b:cry

Res scroll ftw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I can confirm that Drum in 1-2 is a right no-no at my level. He hits for >50% of my pet HP and faster than I can heal.

I don't know why I thought I could try him :) I need more -channel gear.
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    HappyFace - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    so would I be able to solo Drummer @ lvl 70 (Herc is lvl 70 too)?

I'm still pure mag, wearing some **** and un-sharded Dark Pants of Hades.
    Please advise.

P.S. Doesn't he REALLY use AoE when I'm in solo mode?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    True solo mode, using a substance, no party to open the door:

Yes, in 1-1 nothing has an AOE and everything is a complete and utter pushover.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Run back? It's just exp. There's plenty of time to run back there from going to town.
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    True solo mode, using a substance, no party to open the door:

Yes, in 1-1 nothing has an AOE and everything is a complete and utter pushover.

that so totally rocks.
    for a solo newbe like me that's great new.
    all I gotta know more is how much substance do I need to have to enter this goldmine : )

P.S. and thank you for the prompt reply b:kiss
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    No problem. You need 1 ultimate substance or TT11 solo mode.

You can solo solo-mode TT11 (with herc, anyway, didn't try it without) as soon as you can pry open the doors at 60.

No aoe, no nothing, all lovely and easy. (Well, mildly annoying trying to position the herc on chin so that he uses melee for the reflect, since you're also having to heal at the same time - but that's not actually required, just drastically speeds things up)

Edit: It's not a gold-mine. Drops are drastically lower than squad mode. You'll be lucky to get more than one material from it. You should get enough perfect and mirage stones to cover the cost f the substance, and all the skeleton pieces you can carry, but that's all.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    1-1=1 (60 to open)
    1-2=2 (68 to open)
    1-3=2 (78? to open)
    2-1=2 (74? to open)
    2-2=2 (84? to open)
    2-3=3 (90 to open)
    3-1=3 (88 to open)
    3-2=? (? to open)
    3-3=? (? to open)

I wouldn't really call 1-1 a gold mine though unless subs are cheap on your server. At the prices on DW (1k perfect, 80k green, 800 skeleton, 35k orders, 100k subs) it's actually a loss of 67k per run in solo (yes, that means it's cheaper to buy a weapon than farm it).

Also, you can do 1-1 solo the instant you can open it if you have the right pets (eldergoth for chin, magmite for LoP, or a herc for both). If you don't have a herc or both of those pets wait until 63 (63 will speed it up anyways).
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Solo mode 1-1 Drum is easy. I was able to solo him with a golem @lv65 AFAIR, and I'm not even pure mag.
    Arcane veno with herc and enough +pdef in gear might be able to solo 1-1 squad mode Drum by staying in (maxed) fox form, spamming pots, jiaozi and/or apoth, and casting leech as often as possible -- that's how I handle 2-1 solo mode Fataliqua. Isn't going to be profitable though.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Why do you take the AE on Fataliqua? The AE is based on distance from the tank. Infact, if you make a line of:
    Pet-->Fataliqua-->You, you can even amplify while being outside of it. All you need is 10 or 15m. Regardless of where he is on the platform (even in the middle) you can be out of range of it.
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh, so it's short range? Thought it covers entire platform. Thank you.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    oh you live and learn.
    pretty discouraged now by all the consequent info on soloing that thing.
    yes, on HL server the substance's price ranges from 65k and higher (from what I saw).
    but anyway, nvm.
    thanks for all the priceless info.

I feel like soloing Drummer for once to make myself feel complete, killing that huge evil thing in a gas mask : )

May my Mr Herc do his work b:laugh
  • Werebeasts - Sanctuary
    Werebeasts - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No problem. You need 1 ultimate substance or TT11 solo mode.

You can solo solo-mode TT11 (with herc, anyway, didn't try it without) as soon as you can pry open the doors at 60.

No aoe, no nothing, all lovely and easy. (Well, mildly annoying trying to position the herc on chin so that he uses melee for the reflect, since you're also having to heal at the same time - but that's not actually required, just drastically speeds things up)

Edit: It's not a gold-mine. Drops are drastically lower than squad mode. You'll be lucky to get more than one material from it. You should get enough perfect and mirage stones to cover the cost f the substance, and all the skeleton pieces you can carry, but that's all.

may i ask how you soloed chin i mean i cant i got shaddou vub and mag and his mage still hurts to bad D: lol even if i spam heal
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Um - I used a hercules :)

But Solo-mode Chin really doesn't do very much damage at all.

Make sure you've positioned the pet right on top of him - that can take a couple of tries. With the herc you can easily see you've got it right by the 'reflect' red text, with other pets you'll have to gauge from Chin's actions whether he's casting or not.