End game bow? Which one truly is the best?

MrConce - Harshlands
MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
So we all know rank 8 or warsoul would win here, BUT, if you had to choose between any OTHER bow, which one would it be? Please dont include rarity or cost here. Just simply name the bow you think is best so that I can take it into consideration.

I was planning on getting rank 8 after I come back from my 2 month break, but due to calculating, I came to the conclusion that jun8 is not really worth the whole $4k. I mean, is beastly and all, but all I want is to be op and I can just get hh99 or CV bow and be op by +12 it. b:chuckle

I was thinking it was either CV bow cause of purge and HH100 Punishing Thunder. I heard the CV bow purge isnt too reliable which leans me more towards Punishing Thunder. And yes, im buying it, not farming it. During the event it was attainable for only 150 mil =]
"Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
Post edited by MrConce - Harshlands on

Comments

• Bearie - Harshlands
    Bearie - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Personally, I'd say cv bow. If you stack -attack interval:

hh99 wrists and legs, hh99 heavy amulets, love up and down tomb, the event cape with -0.5 and a decent rank top if you want

You can get an insane attack speed going. True both weapons have -0.1 but at endgame with high refines the extra speed from a bow is better than higher end damage. Not to mention if you are demon you can get 1.25 attack speed with demon quickshot. I'm sure the debuff will proc quite often at that attack speed.
  • Archercyrus - Sanctuary
    Archercyrus - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hmmmmmm i think the lunar bow
    nonsence... let it be nonsence!b:laugh
    otherways it wouldnt be nonsence O.O

this msg is totaly...

nonsenceb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    santa is playing whit my gift!b:sad
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bow wise; CV bow does the highest damage non-8jun/Warsoul wise and obviously the fastest.

However, if you're looking for damage, may I suggest TT100 crossbow? It's hard to get, but it is a lot easier than a 7 Numen crossbow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • WhitePuma - Lost City
    WhitePuma - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In PvP, the CV bow is the best there is. Its special( removes enemies positive debuffs) can be a real life-saver. If you are fighting a person with all positive buffs, thats a massive increase in the difficulty to kill them. The bow+12 , has 2100-2900 roughly attack, and that against an un-buffed enemy, you can probably guess what happens. If you will be doing pve alot, the hh99 or hh100 crossbows are a good choice. With the anniversary packs not out any more, the hh100 is going to cost a nice 250m+, so I wouldnt really suggest it. With the +175 or so attack on the hh99, it almost comes out to the hh100's base damage.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In PvP, the CV bow is the best there is. Its special( removes enemies positive debuffs) can be a real life-saver. If you are fighting a person with all positive buffs, thats a massive increase in the difficulty to kill them. The bow+12 , has 2100-2900 roughly attack, and that against an un-buffed enemy, you can probably guess what happens. If you will be doing pve alot, the hh99 or hh100 crossbows are a good choice. With the anniversary packs not out any more, the hh100 is going to cost a nice 250m+, so I wouldnt really suggest it. With the +175 or so attack on the hh99, it almost comes out to the hh100's base damage.

Raw damage wise, the gold 100 x will always be better then cv. And if you ever used a cv you would know that the debuff doesn't proact that often. Its really stupid to count on something that most likely is NOT going to be there. And to top is off, the debuff isn't something just for the cv, one of the green 99 x has it too. Consider this, most people go for the 99 gold x instead of the 99 green debuff x, cause the gold 99 does more damage. That alone should tell you that while debuff is good, its no where near great. If you must insist on the cv, get it for the -int, NOT for the debuff. But for those skill users out there, the gold 100 will always be better.

And for the record: a +12 cv doesn't have "2100-2900" in damage.

CV Base: 822-1527
    +12: 1050
    Total: 1872-2577

Gold 100 Base: 859-2004
    +12: 900
    Tota: 1759-2904
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Raw damage wise, the gold 100 x will always be better then cv. And if you ever used a cv you would know that the debuff doesn't proact that often. Its really stupid to count on something that most likely is NOT going to be there.

My lunar bow rarely debuffs in pvp, nearly useless in pve. Only thing I like is the aoe purging in barrage, which has a significantly higher chance to purge.

The faster attack speed is good but not really that helpful unless you had stacked - interval gear.

I hated the anniversary event, but glad I was able to purchase this bow w/o having to spend months of farming lunar mats. I wouldn't have been too happy with the results after all that trouble.
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i know u said besides jun8 but...just get the jun8,its possible and jun8 plus 1 is better then a plus 12 cv bow i think, or pretty close xD
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i know u said besides jun8 but...just get the jun8,its possible and jun8 plus 1 is better then a plus 12 cv bow i think, or pretty close xD

CV bow doesn't compare with 8jun... The only real advantage that the CV bow has V.S. a HH99 bow is that its a higher grade bow and the interval increase. However, compared to a 8jun, it doesn't have any exceptional advantage but the purge proc(which as someone already posted, is useless).

If it's for raw damage and speed, there's always the option of trying to craft a gold100 OHT Bow with a -.1 interval add-on. Since it'll have higher raw damage output and the same advantage that the CV bow has in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    If it's for raw damage and speed, there's always the option of trying to craft a gold100 OHT Bow with a -.1 interval add-on. Since it'll have higher raw damage output and the same advantage that the CV bow has in the first place.

I am going to see a warsoul before an old ht level 100 bow with -.1 int. I think i went through 2 whole stacks of 1k tears making the bracer and only got 1 gold lvl 100 bracer.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I am going to see a warsoul before an old ht level 100 bow with -.1 int. I think i went through 2 whole stacks of 1k tears making the bracer and only got 1 gold lvl 100 bracer.

b:chuckle

I've gone through about 1000+ tears on wrists and have only seen ONE two star -0.05 second interval with pdef. It wasn't even 5 res either. b:cry
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    Zhadou - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    CV all the way
    other than the fact that the adds are awesome and the grade is very high..

it just looks so sick b:victory
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thought I'd see a warsoul axe before I saw gold level 100 axes with beserk but then comes along calvin.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There is a gold lvl 100 bow on Sanctuary but it was made in the lunar forges from an Underworld Breaker.

+150% Endurance FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    CV all the way
    other than the fact that the adds are awesome and the grade is very high..

it just looks so sick b:victory

another fan boy caught up in the hype...

• MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Too espensive bro, I dont have enough money to get rank 8 for $4k, then 2300 dollars to +12 it and another 25000 dollars to +12 everything else. And thats on a sale or event.

I think ill simply stick with the HH100 orange. I already have enough attack speed to **** any robe or light armor (Demon Quickshot) Im not looking for over kill, since its gonna be overkill when i +10 any bow and do quickshot. I just want a decent end game bow for pure damage potential and cheap. Unless this bow comes out under an event again, I guess Ill have to stick with Constellation:Fall.
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    And for the record: a +12 cv doesn't have "2100-2900" in damage.

CV Base: 822-1527
    +12: 1050
    Total: 1872-2577

It does have 2.1-2.9k dmg at +12. Look for Shinzoko on LC (these days trying to vend his cloudcharger for 120mil @ 1k) and you'll see that pwdb is *gasp* incorrect.

lol @ the people calling this bow useless. If you're on a PVP server, CV bow is one of the best, but you just need to fully understand how it works and the fastest way to proc (which is basically aoe and/or quickshot).

Check out my most recent TW with CV bow in action (lost city ofc):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u5TRP2ZtfA

Watch for 1:15 as I zhen on cata teams. If you notice around the targets, debuff procs quite a bit (I counted 3 times during the first zhen). In that same scene, I debuff an archer attacking me as I ream him with quickshot. I then open up zhen a second time to about 2-3 debuffs during the first zhen tick. AOE is where the debuff shines, as it's sporadic with single targets. When it does proc on say, high level mages fully buffed with insane gear, it's over for them.

With both bows at +10, I would go for CV bow b/c it's as fast as a sling, G13, and yes, debuff. Demon stun + quickshot, gives me a 41% crit rate at 1.10 atk/sec with only hh90 gold wrists (1.18 if I also use the lvl60 rank chest).

Bottom line is that I wouldn't trade CV bow for anything except warsoul and/or rank8 :)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you'll see that pwdb is *gasp* incorrect.

i agree there some of the weps have lower stats on pwdb then what they truly have

oh btw the R8 bow's power when it is +12 is like 2206 to around 3200
    the only other weps to beat it (not including the warsoul cause i have never seen the stats at +12) is the lvl 105 x-bow that has 2560-3617 and the red 2* Punishing Thunder which i can not remember what it is when it is +12 but still the -.10 attack interval is better but also the best armor i think (which is basically impossible to get it) is HH (or TT) 99
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    not only is the level 105 xbow unobtainable realisticly in any server, it's weaker on both high and low spikes compared to rank 8. the hh100 xbow, also, fails in comparison to the strength of rank 8.

105 xbow: 1923-2986 - 2% crit, 80~ patk, 13 agi
    hh100: 1984-3129 - 4% crit, -.1 interval
    rank 8: 2432-3456 - 4% crit, -.1 interval, 15 agi

if you even have to think about which 1 is better, you're doing something wrong.

hh99 is not impossible to get. get to a level that matters and try it yourself.

@cv bow:

2134-2839 at +12.
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    prof wrote: »
    not only is the level 105 xbow unobtainable realisticly in any server, it's weaker on both high and low spikes compared to rank 8. the hh100 xbow, also, fails in comparison to the strength of rank 8.

105 xbow: 1923-2986 - 2% crit, 80~ patk, 13 agi
    hh100: 1984-3129 - 4% crit, -.1 interval
    rank 8: 2432-3456 - 4% crit, -.1 interval, 15 agi

if you even have to think about which 1 is better, you're doing something wrong.

hh99 is not impossible to get. get to a level that matters and try it yourself.

@cv bow:

2134-2839 at +12.
    o.O the rank 8 bow does not have more attack then the 135 xbow. and i thought the only way to get it to 3400+ for the max was 2 drakespark's (or whatever the name was) into its socket. *doesn't want to summon up pictures* its a major hassle if i have to...
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2009
    http://pwcalc.ru/my/?char=ccbd878a58f0b6d7

a g13 gold weapons is obviously not going to be better than a g14 orange weapon.
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    another fan boy caught up in the hype...

i can't have an opinion that kiyoshi doesn't agree with because then i'm wrong :(
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    It does have 2.1-2.9k dmg at +12. Look for Shinzoko on LC (these days trying to vend his cloudcharger for 120mil @ 1k) and you'll see that pwdb is *gasp* incorrect.

lol @ the people calling this bow useless. If you're on a PVP server, CV bow is one of the best, but you just need to fully understand how it works and the fastest way to proc (which is basically aoe and/or quickshot).

Check out my most recent TW with CV bow in action (lost city ofc):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u5TRP2ZtfA

Watch for 1:15 as I zhen on cata teams. If you notice around the targets, debuff procs quite a bit (I counted 3 times during the first zhen). In that same scene, I debuff an archer attacking me as I ream him with quickshot. I then open up zhen a second time to about 2-3 debuffs during the first zhen tick. AOE is where the debuff shines, as it's sporadic with single targets. When it does proc on say, high level mages fully buffed with insane gear, it's over for them.

With both bows at +10, I would go for CV bow b/c it's as fast as a sling, G13, and yes, debuff. Demon stun + quickshot, gives me a 41% crit rate at 1.10 atk/sec with only hh90 gold wrists (1.18 if I also use the lvl60 rank chest).

Bottom line is that I wouldn't trade CV bow for anything except warsoul and/or rank8 :)

i may be wrong about the cv refine since i gave it up after the fail proacts. the debuff might works in zhen when you have like 10 targets. but how often do you zhen? vs... normal shots. speaking from experience, debuff have like a 2-3% chance of proacting. and when using cv, i lost well over 1k in damage.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    i can't have an opinion that kiyoshi doesn't agree with because then i'm wrong :(

yep... glad you figure it out sooner rather then later.

• Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    yep... glad you figure it out sooner rather then later.

well if i'm wrong or not, i'll be happy
    i already have my CV and i'm just waiting to hit that lvl to use it :)
    2 bad we're not in the same server
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well if i'm wrong or not, i'll be happy
    i already have my CV and i'm just waiting to hit that lvl to use it :)
    2 bad we're not in the same server

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i may be wrong about the cv refine since i gave it up after the fail proacts. the debuff might works in zhen when you have like 10 targets. but how often do you zhen? vs... normal shots. speaking from experience, debuff have like a 2-3% chance of proacting. and when using cv, i lost well over 1k in damage.

Considering the frequent use of quickshot, it happens more often than you'd expect. I don't "expect" it to happen on every person I fight, but it's awesome when it does, especially on the first shot. Since most people I target (robes and some LA) are down relatively quickly, they are either killed or debuffed and scurrying away from the battle.

I'm usually on base defense during TWs, I've been able to use qs to debuff cata pullers quite often. Using only gold hh90 wrist, I lob off 1.10 atk/sec (1.18 with lvl60 chest) during quickshot, and even if it doesn't proc on the first qs, I can stun/freeze the target long enough to debuff them.

It's a great bow if you have the right skills (pun) and logic to get the most out of it.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

oh we are
    i couldve sworn i saw LC
    b:victory we'll meet up one day in PK :)
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    o_O I um..like the lunar/cv slingshot xD Im all about speedy attacks + I like the seal effect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    o_O I um..like the lunar/cv slingshot xD Im all about speedy attacks + I like the seal effect

Lunar sling and lunar bow both have the same attack speed.