some random questions

RezzErection - Harshlands
RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
jumping right onb:cute:

what is the changes of zerk activating
how long does it last?
am i able to get zerk > switch weapon and still have the benefit?

what is the changes of gloom activating?
how big is the difference in dammage/% between zerk/gloom
how long does it last?

tiger leap/back is a good investment?
usable in air water?

yes iam too poor to get those skills b:cryb:surrender
Post edited by RezzErection - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    jumping right onb:cute:

what is the changes of zerk activating
    how long does it last?
    am i able to get zerk > switch weapon and still have the benefit?

what is the changes of gloom activating?
    how big is the difference in dammage/% between zerk/gloom
    how long does it last?

tiger leap/back is a good investment?
    usable in air water?

yes iam too poor to get those skills b:cryb:surrender

Tiger Leaps are useable in the water and in the air. They are good for leaping away from melee moves if you time it correctly. You can use them to make a fellow BM totally waste his roar move. In the water they are amazing, you can spam them (turn backwards then use leap back after leaping forward) to move faster than a Barb underwater. Might be useful when Tideborn come out too.
    Well, thats the only one I can answer =P.

Oh, I also use leaps to get to an opposing archer or wizard faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    zerk = a one time thing. Not sure what the chance of it activating is. I believe it was 10% (correct me if Im wrong).
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    zerk = a one time thing. Not sure what the chance of it activating is. I believe it was 10% (correct me if Im wrong).

Oh.. yeah. missed that part. It's kind of like hitting a crit dude ^^
    I also don't know the %chances though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RezzErection - Harshlands
    RezzErection - Harshlands Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    mkay follow up
    is it 5% of max hp or current

hope its current since it can kill you if its maxb:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    mkay follow up
    is it 5% of max hp or current

hope its current since it can kill you if its maxb:surrender

It is max I do believe. Correct me if I am wrong folks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It's 5% of max HP for zerk and the chance for it is... about 20%? I haven't seen the official % but it's somewhere around there. It's also a per-hit thing so you can't switch weapon to get the bonus.

Gloom actually has a time span but the bonus is less. As for how much less, I'm not sure.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=248141&highlight=gloom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • XSpiderbaitx - Harshlands
    XSpiderbaitx - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I dont know the % chance of zerk but i know that it takes 5% of ur current hp..

So if ur DDin on a boss that dont AoE u can leave it take ur hp down to 1 hp if u want as i cant take 5% of 1.. u wont die unless ur attacked..
    remember this instead of wasting pots or havin cleric waste time healing you..
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Berserk does what everyone here has said.

To add about leap forward and leap back...

These skills are awesome if used in the proper circumstances. For example, you can under MOST (i have found sometimes i cannot prolly due to bugs in frost) circumstances use leap forward or leap back while frozen, of if your slowed...to close distance on enemies and not be completely helpless. Great for tw when your being frozen by towers, or slowed down and getting hammered to get the hell out of the way.

They are also good for makeing distance, say an another bm dragons you, if you leap back then thunderstorm for example loses one of its double damage dilation factors while not close up, and will hit you alot less...also if they are run of the mill axe drakes ray is the best they can do to you otherwise lol. Same goes for if someone sparks against you.

Tiger leap is particularly useful while your grinding or in a dungeon to close distance. Notice enemies who have cast and melee attacks tend to cast on you when you approach. This is because your reached their max cast range before their max melee ranged when they were aggroed. Chances are in that case they will cast alot of damage on you also. This goes alot for groups of caster/melee mobs in instances as well. If you tiger leap into a group of enemies, you will enter their melee range before their cast range and they will just start meleeing you (if your close enough). You can quickly leap at a group of mobs, lion roar, and begin aoeing without them even getting a chance to let off a shot at you using tiger leap. Useful for stunning ranged mobs before they run too.

You can also do fun sht with these moves as well...like ill be grinding and leap from enemy to enemy sometimes backwards if possible if they are spaced correctly...cus its fun lol...and they cost no mp so lol skrew around to your hearts content.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I dont know the % chance of zerk but i know that it takes 5% of ur current hp..

So if ur DDin on a boss that dont AoE u can leave it take ur hp down to 1 hp if u want as i cant take 5% of 1.. u wont die unless ur attacked..
    remember this instead of wasting pots or havin cleric waste time healing you..

Have you actually tried it?
    Calamities always take away 5% max hp, however if you don't have enough hp it simply won't activate. It's happened to me before where I've done TT runs with a veno+herc, and I just normal attacked with calamities the entire time. After my hp dropped below 5% beserk stopped activating
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    AshWorth - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    20-25% rate is a good guess i think..
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    both tiger leap and leap back are useful in pve if you know how to time it. (dunno about pvp, dont really care for it :P)

stun>leap back>drake's ray= good way to finish exploding mobs without getting touched by the blast, and tiger leap will put you right next to runners.
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D