Help me with my build!

Tawnos - Dreamweaver
Tawnos - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
I have been building my mage this way: every two level 8 points to MAG, 1 to STR and 1 to VIT. My final goal with this character is to be really good at TW and on duels. However I prefer PVE servers because I want to PVP when I am prepared and not every time somebody decides to pick on me. So basically the world fauna is just a fun and sometimes safe way to become stronger in order to PVP. Somebody told me that I should go FULL INT until I reach the level for TW and then switch to LIGHT ARMOR. Somebody else told me that my character is perfect the way it is and other people tell me I should be light armor right from the beginning. So I am confused!

I understand that maybe all of them are right and is just a matter of play style. But I would like to hear what is the most generally accepted approach for what I want to accomplish.
Post edited by Tawnos - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have been building my mage this way: every two level 8 points to MAG, 1 to STR and 1 to VIT. My final goal with this character is to be really good at TW and on duels. However I prefer PVE servers because I want to PVP when I am prepared and not every time somebody decides to pick on me. So basically the world fauna is just a fun and sometimes safe way to become stronger in order to PVP. Somebody told me that I should go FULL INT until I reach the level for TW and then switch to LIGHT ARMOR. Somebody else told me that my character is perfect the way it is and other people tell me I should be light armor right from the beginning. So I am confused!

I understand that maybe all of them are right and is just a matter of play style. But I would like to hear what is the most generally accepted approach for what I want to accomplish.

At higher level you will realize, that your build is not good for end-game playing. You will restat around lv 90+. But for now it will help you little bit. Just read some build tutorials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawwwwr - Lost City
    Rawwwwr - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    uhh...
    Restat full mag later, your on a PvE server (when you can afford to restat of course). (not really sure why you wanted to have any vit at all o.o' wizards have horrible hp modifers only 10 hp per vit and it doesn't add any damage or anything.)
    faceroll on keyboard= presto mobs are dead (for those that don't die, kite or squad up with some one so they can tank long enough for you to cast your other spells).
    working so far up til level 66 and counting in a PvP server (O.o)'.
    b:victory

hmm so if you continue all... at level 101 you'll have put 50 vit which equals to 500 life.... thats like nothing.
    DX
    better used for magic.
    Although if you really want to join in TW you can go for a Light armor build which will help you survive but your mana pool becomes noticeably smaller as well as your damage (although crits makes up for it sometimes)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ewww vit. lose it....now
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Help me with my build!
    let the idio..ahem ppl talk.
    At 21 a reset is not worth it. How much vitality u have? about 10-15? live with it.
    Since you're on Dreamweaver, from now on go with 1 str 9 magic every 2 lvls. I never remember if odd/even lvls need to have 1 str, but the best way to check it is to look at the gear u can equip at that lvl (or the next lvl) - best place to check it is Auctioneer ( you have all in 1 place no need to go from NPC to NPC).

Shop ahead for your gear, wizard is very, very gear dependant and even more than that weapon dependant. I lvled my veno until 30 with lvl 5-14 gear ( from quest rewards) and I had no problems killing 2-3 mobs 6-7 lvl higher than me. A wizard would have been dead on the first attempt.

Other than that, congratz for class choince, you're in for a hell of a ride

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    let the idio..ahem ppl talk.
    At 21 a reset is not worth it. How much vitality u have? about 10-15? live with it.
    Since you're on Dreamweaver, from now on go with 1 str 9 magic every 2 lvls. I never remember if odd/even lvls need to have 1 str, but the best way to check it is to look at the gear u can equip at that lvl (or the next lvl) - best place to check it is Auctioneer ( you have all in 1 place no need to go from NPC to NPC).

Shop ahead for your gear, wizard is very, very gear dependant and even more than that weapon dependant. I lvled my veno until 30 with lvl 5-14 gear ( from quest rewards) and I had no problems killing 2-3 mobs 6-7 lvl higher than me. A wizard would have been dead on the first attempt.

Other than that, congratz for class choince, you're in for a hell of a ride

So you tell me to go full int. But the question is if I will be full int forever or I should go LA when I reach final levels? What is wrong with LA at low levels?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    nothing.
    but as you grow you'll do less and less dmg than pure int.
    for a PvE server I don't see the point of LA

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    nothing.
    but as you grow you'll do less and less dmg than pure int.
    for a PvE server I don't see the point of LA

LOL you character is named Ursa! you know who is Tawnos? I get the point but remember that final goal is to PVP. That is why I ask if I go Full Int all the way or become LA at later levels.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I believe you can PvP either way, but full int pvp gear will be expensive..
    I disagree. both light and arcane are expensive. the difference is that full magic squishies spend a lot with armoury and light builds refine weapon like there's no tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Theres nothing wrong with adding Vit to an arcane armour build while you're low level. I capped mine at 45 and have absolutely no regrets (450 extra hp always handy.).

All the "too-smarts" here will tell you pure arcane u shud kill mob b4 it reach u blah blah blah ,but the reality is you die when you aggro multiple mobs and if you make ur build too single mindedly (DD only) you will die more often, plain and simple.

Keep building the way you have, but cap ur vit at some point and go 9mag 1 str per 2 levels.
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Theres nothing wrong with adding Vit to an arcane armour build while you're low level. I capped mine at 45 and have absolutely no regrets (450 extra hp always handy.).

All the "too-smarts" here will tell you pure arcane u shud kill mob b4 it reach u blah blah blah ,but the reality is you die when you aggro multiple mobs and if you make ur build too single mindedly (DD only) you will die more often, plain and simple.

Keep building the way you have, but cap ur vit at some point and go 9mag 1 str per 2 levels.

Thanks a lot I am thinking to do exactly that! Also if at some point I have to restat to LA or AA I only have to change the VIT! By the way could you tell me how is PVP for you?
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks a lot I am thinking to do exactly that! Also if at some point I have to restat to LA or AA I only have to change the VIT! By the way could you tell me how is PVP for you?

I dont PvP as much as other wizards here, but I know I hold my own against any class, just research ur genie build thoroughly and have the right apoth pots.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    450 HP is always good to have.
    But at one moment (on you 90 gear) your refines will give you quite a sum of HP. Having 40 more points in magic will make a difference in dmg, believe me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Another stupid question! The mage builds have any way of dealing physical dammage? Are wizards swords capable of dealing an aceptable amount of physical dammage?
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Another stupid question! The mage builds have any way of dealing physical dammage? Are wizards swords capable of dealing an aceptable amount of physical dammage?

There is no such thing as stupid questions, and mages have one skill that deals physical damage, called Blade Tempest. It hit HARD and you learn it at lvl 59. Though there are also some genie skills that deal physical damage, you can try those too of course. Dealing damage with a sword might be good for level 1 - 9, but after that never use it again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawnos - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    There is no such thing as stupid questions, and mages have one skill that deals physical damage, called Blade Tempest. It hit HARD and you learn it at lvl 59. Though there are also some genie skills that deal physical damage, you can try those too of course. Dealing damage with a sword might be good for level 1 - 9, but after that never use it again...

Thanks a lot I will investigate about i!