Requirements for Rebirth Gamma ;)

Ketavi - Sanctuary
Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
I have my Archer 50% from Level 70. I've had a look at the Guides at the top, and about 5-6 pages back (I probably have to look further, but there is 51 pages - And my patience is only so good b:chuckle)

So, Im just wondering what are the requirements for RB-Gamma?

Are Charms ABSOLUTELY necessary? Or could I get away with Sesame apoth stuff.

What skills should I have Leveled to be effective?

And other things I haven't listed. I've never done Rebirth before - so getting my Archer prepared will at least give me a bit more of a chance to either; practice, or get into a squad :)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated b:victory
Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
Post edited by Ketavi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *barrage minimum lv6
    *dews
    *HP+MP charm. MP could be substituted with event food.
    *MP hat to make sure barrage doesn't cancel due to low mana pool

Gathered all this from other threads as I have not RB'd. Would be good if you done some research first.

note: low level gamma'ing is kind of "leeching" from your squad unless all are around the same levels..

edit: sharptooth helps a lot too.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *barrage minimum lv6
    *dews
    *HP+MP charm. MP could be substituted with event food.
    *MP hat to make sure barrage doesn't cancel due to low mana pool

You make it sound more difficult than it is.

At level 71 don't do RB, you will die.

Wait until higher 70s at least. My first RB I did at lvl 77. You don't need dews, I've done it fine without them. Don't need a HP charm, again I've done fine without one. Just lvl 6 barrage, I would say arcane headgear, good weapon, plenty of bolts, and some event MP pots.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Rawwwwr - Lost City
    Rawwwwr - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Wait until higher 70s at least. My first RB I did at lvl 77. You don't need dews, I've done it fine without them. Don't need a HP charm, again I've done fine without one. Just lvl 6 barrage, I would say arcane headgear, good weapon, plenty of bolts, and some event MP pots.

But if you have charms and event pots could you do RB at level 71? (along with good gear of course but not crazy uber refined cash shop gear)
    b:puzzled
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Maybe but good luck finding a party at level 71. And if you do find one expect to be dropped in favor of a higher level.
  • Rawwwwr - Lost City
    Rawwwwr - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Maybe but good luck finding a party at level 71. And if you do find one expect to be dropped in favor of a higher level.

Faction FTW~!!
    err maybe not. We're all low level right now lol.
    b:chuckle

Also um quick side question.
    Is it possible for a squad made up of level 71-76 to complete rebirth gamma?
    Say we're all charmed and such.
    and if yes what if we were less charmed? xD
    (T.T)' charms are as expensive as golden cheesecakes.
    DX
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009

You obviously have first hand experience so I won't argue with you there. However I do believe dews can or may come in handy especially if they are going to attempt it in low 7Xs. Ditto with charms. Not necessary, but it helps.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    As long as your barb is good then you should have no need for a charm.

Even if you do have a charm, if you pull aggro from a big group of mobs and 10-15 mobs all start attacking you, then a charm isn't going to be enough.

Dews can come in handy but like I said, if your barb is good then you should have no problem.

I've completed gamma without charms and dews before no problem. I've failed gamma before but Im positive having a charm would of not made the difference.
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I never used any HP charm or apot pots in gamma either and never needed to. If your barb+bm knows what they're doing, its gonna be a walk on the park.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ketavi - Sanctuary
    Ketavi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for all the info - I can live out till higher 70's, no problem.

I knew barrage needed to be higher, I was told Level 10 - but having it as 6-7 may be a bit more financially easier ._.

I already wear Arcane headgear and a necklace. And I usually have quite a bit of MP foods, etc. (Damn recovery rate) I might experiment with some different gear to see if I can find something that will help with the MP pooling. But I have my Sesame Yuanxiao timing down to a fine art thanks to TT b:victory Im just hoping I could get away with that - since its effective and quite a bit cheaper. But usually the requirement on Sanct' is charmed. Maybe just chuck some money on and get them later ^^;
    Dude, Im totally making a Tideborn - the possibility of Whips? KINKY >:V
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Doubt that level 2 mp aura would be able to suppost a lvl 10 barrage.

Get level 6, level 7 if you feel you absolutely must have that high.

You obviously have first hand experience so I won't argue with you there. However I do believe dews can or may come in handy especially if they are going to attempt it in low 7Xs. Ditto with charms. Not necessary, but it helps.

At low 7x the problem really isn't your survivability but rather your damage.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol, ecatomb is waaaay off in a number of things

Back on topic:

BoA at lvl 10 when you’re 70 is pure suicide. U need a good wizard or another archer with the same BoA lvl or you’re screwed.
    And yeah, u can finish rebirth without a HP charm if the rest of the squad is really a pro one and u can leech around. Otherwise u will die way too much to be useful in any way.
    Good luck trying to pot your way through a poison stack when it ticks you for 1k every second.
    HP as LA has to be in the 3.5k+ range. Magic debuff mobs will take your elemental resistance to 0 (or close to). MP hat is desired, but not necessarily need. Apothecary can do the job at the beginning until the auras are raised.
    To wrap it up: yes, you can do RB at 70 if you have good gear, you get a pro team and you are very familiar with RB. Otherwise wait until 75. Should not take too long.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    ecatomb claims level 10 barrage of arrows requires level 86.

She's actually correct. Max you can get is a lv9 BoA in the Gamma bracket.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Doubt that level 2 mp aura would be able to suppost a lvl 10 barrage.

Get level 6, level 7 if you feel you absolutely must have that high.

At low 7x the problem really isn't your survivability but rather your damage.

lvl 2 mp aura will support a lvl 10 barrage with 2k mp pool.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    As long as your barb is good then you should have no need for a charm.

Even if you do have a charm, if you pull aggro from a big group of mobs and 10-15 mobs all start attacking you, then a charm isn't going to be enough.

Dews can come in handy but like I said, if your barb is good then you should have no problem.

I've completed gamma without charms and dews before no problem. I've failed gamma before but Im positive having a charm would of not made the difference.

you need to stop depending on the barb (and everyone/anyone else) and stop being cheap and go buy a hp charm. **** could hit the fan any time, and the barb/bm/wiz could die from a string of unlucky hits. a charm along with some timing on pots/genis WILL buy you that extra few seconds to hold the mobs at bay for your teammates to get back.

and finally... NO ONE LIKES A CHEAPO.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    If your on double wave and the barb and BM dies and no one is around to grab aggro, does it make a sound?

I mean do you honestly think that going balls out with every recovery item you have is going to keep you alive? Sorry but if I'm on a wave and the barb dies and a ridiculous amount of mobs are all attacking you do you think that 2k health you get from the charm is going to keep you alive?

I've NEVER, EVER, EVER failed a RB and thought "well if I had a charm we wouldn't have failed"

I'm not going to go out and spend 700-800k on something I don't need, or rather, wouldn't help me.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    If your on double wave and the barb and BM dies and no one is around to grab aggro, does it make a sound?

I mean do you honestly think that going balls out with every recovery item you have is going to keep you alive? Sorry but if I'm on a wave and the barb dies and a ridiculous amount of mobs are all attacking you do you think that 2k health you get from the charm is going to keep you alive?

I've NEVER, EVER, EVER failed a RB and thought "well if I had a charm we wouldn't have failed"

I'm not going to go out and spend 700-800k on something I don't need, or rather, wouldn't help me.

you seriously sounds like your just there to leech off the barb/bm... depending on them for everything. yea, with a decent barb/bm/wiz an archer can get away with the occsional pot. but your probably just one of those people who will do the min possible and hope your squad mates makes up for your slack.
    and yes, a charmed archer can easily save a full squad wipe if the barb/bm/wiz drops. taking genie into consideration, with a charm you should be able to easily tank a decent size mob for 20-30 seconds and thats enough for the rest of the group to come back. or you take take the alternative and have a get together at happy valley.
    and big wop if you never failed a gamma that can be attributed to your lack of charm. i never failed a gamma PERIOD.
    finally, with a decent squad, your charm shouldn't even tick much if at all. so there is literally no reason you shouldn't have 1.

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    you seriously sounds like your just there to leech off the barb/bm... depending on them for everything. yea, with a decent barb/bm/wiz an archer can get away with the occsional pot. but your probably just one of those people who will do the min possible and hope your squad mates makes up for your slack.
    and yes, a charmed archer can easily save a full squad wipe if the barb/bm/wiz drops. taking genie into consideration, with a charm you should be able to easily tank a decent size mob for 20-30 seconds and thats enough for the rest of the group to come back. or you take take the alternative and have a get together at happy valley.
    and big wop if you never failed a gamma that can be attributed to your lack of charm. i never failed a gamma PERIOD.
    finally, with a decent squad, your charm shouldn't even tick much if at all. so there is literally no reason you shouldn't have 1.
    I trust that the barb will do his job to keep aggro off of me and I will do my job to do as much damage as possible.

If YOU feel like spending 700-800k is absolutely neccessary for gamma then be my gues but I on the other hand think that I will go ahead and use that money for something better.
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Guys.... y the anger? I've been in gamma afew times...
    Yes! u dnt need a charm as long as the barb or bm keeps agro.
    And u will heal fast enough with the cleric still alive even if u get agro for awhile.
    Having a charm is like an insurance just incase the cleric got killed follow by the wiz.. n well u'll be next on the list if ur not charmed.
    Pots, dews and genie skills will help alot with ur charm.
    You can survive till they come back and set up the zhen again.

But if you dnt want to get a hp charm, make sure the barb "atleast" keep the mobs away from your cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]