So what would happen to PWI if...

Noarux - Sanctuary
Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
What would happen to "our" Perfect World, if we got the same amount of players, as [removed]? What would happen?! O.O (aaaah!)b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Noarux - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not sure, but inbe4lock. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    it would be bad. lag is bad enough in arch from all the devilshops
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    realistically, more new servers. More career opportunities, possibly faster service and a faster fix of bugs due to this and higher income. $$ this is on a positive side tho...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The game would blow up due to stupidity. Leeroy Jenkins Harpy wraith?
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited October 2009

im sure we have some here who already tried that
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    im sure we have some here who already tried that

b:avoidb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ah it'd be cool though! I just wish more ppl would play this game, it's really good :D imob:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    next thing you know there will be rehab clinics for PWI as well as [removed]
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Done it. b:victory
    I have a rep among my friends and a faction for that matter, for doing really stupid stuff like that. My old faction director, a cleric, used to ask "where is that damn cat?" every time we went in Twilight. It's a good thing my friends love me, or they wouldn't put up with me lolz... b:pleased
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    more servers, a few more people for ticket/in-game support and that's it. PWE would be forced to release more game updates to fight hackers with the penalty of releasing nearly untested updates and delays on releasing major expansions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    imo, pwe couldn't handle it with the way they have their cashflow set up. if we became as populated as [some game i won't mention lol], then they would have to hire more staff (as was stated earlier) and to do that they would need an increased cashflow, which means more sales. maybe even price increases on cashshop items

you can also be damn sure that they'll add broken items to the cashshop as well, to keep as many people as possible who pay for success in the game

plus, with more players comes more stupid QQ and pointless tickets, which means the ticketing system would basically cease to function (at least with any semblence of accomplishment)

the day that this game gets that populated is the day i take a step away, and see if they can handle it. if they can, i'd stay (and invest more in the game than i do, because them being able to handle the increased work would prove they are actually determined to maintain the success of their most accomplished project), but if they have troubles, i'd probably leave.....

lol.. who am i kidding, i can never leave this game b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • haldis
    haldis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hm...it'd take a really long time for pwi to get the same numbers as [removed]. [removed] cheats. Any person with an account and has at least been active once in three years time is added onto their census. Which means even though China stopped playing [removed], they are still counted in [removed]'s census until three years later. It's just to make themselves come off as more popular than they even are (which is debatable, I guess there are a lot of people playing it if it's stayed in business this long).

Either way, to get that amount of both numbers and players is gonna take a real long time.
    And I totally agree with you Eriestrength. If it's this bad in West Arch right now, imagine it if there were so many players all of Arch was filled with those cursed shops.
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    inbeforelock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
    edited October 2009
    like i said before there would be PWI rehab centers just like the other rehab centers
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    pwi with more ppl would b better then any mmorpg international game imo, cuz there would b more pvp, more TW wars, more drama, more QQers & much moreb:laugh
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Epic failure
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    plus, with more players comes more stupid QQ and pointless tickets, which means the ticketing system would basically cease to function (at least with any semblence of accomplishment)

the day that this game gets that populated is the day i take a step away, and see if they can handle it. if they can, i'd stay (and invest more in the game than i do, because them being able to handle the increased work would prove they are actually determined to maintain the success of their most accomplished project), but if they have troubles, i'd probably leave.....
    Frankly I don't think PW would ever change their support to monkey-like service but I've seen it before, in another game (guess my signature makes it easy to guess). In the end their aging players begun to fight back through all sort or legal and illegal ways and found out the fact it was a gaming company makes it easy to cover up a number of crimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.