Elves: New wings at level 30? and other flying questions

bayak
bayak Posts: 31 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Do elves get new (faster) wings at level 30? What are the advantages of flying with an elf? What's quicker: Running or flying with main wings? Is there a race/class, which can fly faster that others?

Thanks in advance b:victory
Post edited by bayak on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    bayak wrote: »
    Do elves get new (faster) wings at level 30? What are the advantages of flying with an elf? What's quicker: Running or flying with main wings? Is there a race/class, which can fly faster that others?

Thanks in advance b:victory

Elves get new wings at lvl 30, which have a stable 0.5 m/s speed. The Wings of Winged Elves can reach 2.0m/s if you max Flight Mastery.

And there is no class that can fly faster than others, every class has the same starting speed and the same max speed.

As for speed, it depends on the wings, but most wings will be faster than running.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Technically, the L30 aero is supposed to be faster, however, if you've kept up with flight mastery your white starter wings will be faster than the eagle wings.

Elves fly at L1, best advantage. Male elves are especially called on by female players for help in getting into hard to reach places before L30. Although, any male chara above level 30 also works if they are available.

Running is out of the question unless you're using HP (Holy Path) or Potting (using apothecary potions i.e. Charger Orb [L5 Apoth Speed pot, only one I could correctly recall]). Clerics and Wizards are the slowest running class in game. Your main wings, with flight mastery, are faster than running. If you get a mount, those will be faster than any set of wings you get (pretty sure on that point).

Cash Shop aero is faster than anything you can get ingame, including your starter wings. Flight mastery doesn't work with any CS wings you get though. Elves are the only race that has a flight increase speed ability, through the mastery. It has been suggested, however, that, for a veno, flying with Summer Sprint on will make the chara fly faster. Don't know if that works and if it does, how it works. It's just hearsay.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Technically, the L30 aero is supposed to be faster, however, if you've kept up with flight mastery your white starter wings will be faster than the eagle wings.

Elves fly at L1, best advantage. Male elves are especially called on by female players for help in getting into hard to reach places before L30. Although, any male chara above level 30 also works if they are available.

Running is out of the question unless you're using HP (Holy Path) or Potting (using apothecary potions i.e. Charger Orb [L5 Apoth Speed pot, only one I could correctly recall]). Clerics and Wizards are the slowest running class in game. Your main wings, with flight mastery, are faster than running. If you get a mount, those will be faster than any set of wings you get (pretty sure on that point).

Cash Shop aero is faster than anything you can get ingame, including your starter wings. Flight mastery doesn't work with any CS wings you get though. Elves are the only race that has a flight increase speed ability, through the mastery. It has been suggested, however, that, for a veno, flying with Summer Sprint on will make the chara fly faster. Don't know if that works and if it does, how it works. It's just hearsay.

The red part doesn't work.

Also I'd like to add that, without a lvl of flying mastery, archers are faster on the ground than flying. Base flying speed is 5.0 m/s, while archer's run speed is 5.2 m/s.

To fly faster (for a short while) you can use the white genie's starting skill.

All the aerogear, except for the starter wings IIRC, will be able to accelerate to its 2nd speed. Keep in mind that this will drain the duration of the wings.
    You can recharge this by using chi stones (obtained by decomposing equipment or opening the supply stash at certain lvl).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Which is why I said it was hearsay and that I wasn't sure about it.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Which is why I said it was hearsay and that I wasn't sure about it.

Just confirming it doesn't work.b:mischievous

Discussed in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:shocked
    strange I've had a veno chasing me on her basic flying mount while I was on my basic flying mount and she was definitely flying faster then I was... fast enough to continue to get back in range to shoot me multiple time (woot for health pots and mantous)...(I was distance shrinking the whole time (until I ran out of chi) and accelerating and she was accelerated as well and had summer sprint on.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thekrusher2
    thekrusher2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i just dont get this game!!!
    urgh how do u even start playing......wasted a long time to download....and now this urgh.....b:angry i just want to log in the game and play!!!
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If you need help installing the game please maake a post in the tech support section. We have a few GMs monitoring that section and they'll help you in any way they can b:victory

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6
  • hellavenosio
    hellavenosio Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i see may friend ride pet phoenix,,,,,,,please tell me,,,,,,,,and trade with my information about how to get aerogear ticketb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • fiznik
    fiznik Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Aerogear such as the Phoenix are essentially cash shop items. If you can't buy gold with a credit card you can buy gold from the auction house using in game money, but it will require alot of farming. You can also get mounts from doing the DQ's , but that will likely take longer than farming the money to buy gold at this point in time.
  • EvilFatality - Dreamweaver
    EvilFatality - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I don't know how to increase the MAX duration of my Eagle's Wings, it's about 400 now. Is there any way to do that? Because I would like to be accelerated as much as possible.
    Thnx:)
    True wisdom is not what you tell, but what you treasure and keep deep inside your heart. Fully understanding is living the wisdom.
    Knowledge is much more valuable than any kind of material thing.
    Freedom, equality, justice, honesty and openness are the highest goods in this world, but they are almost gone. Stand together against the New World Order. Even if it costs you your health, home, money or your life.
    We are the poison to this planet, and we are the cure. A pure world is our legacy and free people our offspring. We are legend.b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]