The Cleric Series

Options
LighDar - Harshlands
LighDar - Harshlands Posts: 87 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
I really don't think this is going to turn out to be the alpha and the omega of Cleric guide posts, but this is what I had to genrely go through when I became a healing Cleric. This is only the beggining, when I reach higher levels I will post more, but for know this is to help newbies on there begining push off.

So upon being a Cleric, you should spend your first 3 levels fighting Ogre Sprouts and Beetles. They will boost you experience, but make sure you listen to the guide, its not there for your health! So around the middle exp. of level 3 you should start working your way from BattleMark Village to Plume City. In Forest of Plume, you will encounter higher level beasts. Fighting those Wolves and Earthen Soldiers should get you to around level 4. But with fighting these guys you may need to start with some magic, you can always press R when your not on the chat typing to see your skills. Plume shot, the icon of an arrow is the act of using magic to creat a temporary bow and shoot a quill at your opponent. (The bow will disipear when you are finished with the attack.) Plume shot is usually nessicary for defeating these monsters at the level. Still, if you wish to do a physical attack it shouldn't give them the chance to defeat you. Now you should be at level 5 or 6. If not, just keep fighting. So you should go to plume city and visit the Elder. Or that is anyone that has a golden plate above there name. That means they have a quest for you, Taking quests can quickly boost you experience points. If you do decide to visit the Elder, she will propably have the quest 'Try out your wings'. She wants you to fly to the highest platform in Plume and get a chest. Then bring it back to here. For this whole quest you only have 5 minuets to do so. After questing a bit, at level 9 you should get a guid message that gives you a quest 'learn a manufactoring skill'. Visit th Elder, do quests, Learn a manufacturing skill, and she will talk a little about it. You can be a Blacksmith, Tailor, Apothecary, or Craftsman. Choose any one and go to the person the Elder says to. That person will tell you to get a material, if you can retrieve it, they will thank you and tell you to see the Elder. If you look at skills now, you will have any of the for manufacture simbles. With all this questing hubub you should be close to level 11.(If your haveing trouble here, try some bamboo village quests). At that level you will be given another quest from the system, to see the Chief of Dreaming StrongHold. Opon seeing him you will gain 2000 exp. points. you should also probably help him with quests, it's a path to leveling up. Keep going on with your questing and keep learning new skills. Wich remindes me, every so often go to Cleric trainer Ming. At level 13 not much changes, new quests open though. Push your way to level 16 and get ThunderBall skill from the Cleric trainer. (very useful).

Off the main subject I would just like to state this, DON'T TRY TO FIGHT CHANG YI'S SOUL UNTIL LVL 14!

Now, if you want a pet, your going to want a Venomancer as a friend. At level 60 they are able to make some pets all class.(Meaning you don't have to be a Venomancer to have them.)

At anytimr at all you should feel at will to get a genie. Just go to the Watcher of Earth and quests, there is a certain quest thats like Calling of the world or something. All you have to do is listen to what he has to say and you get to have a genie. Genies are useful companions in PW, they often have moves that make big openings for you to crush your oponets, but as far as attacks go, they aren't so great.

Every time you or your genie levels up you get attribute points. You get 5 per level, your genie gets 1 per level. You can spend them on VIT, health and energy regeneration. MP, MagicPower regaining rate and power. DEX, speed, eveasiveness, etc. Or STR, Physical power. (Your genie has the same attributes). Also if your genie levels up you may get an affinaty piont, to spend on there water, fire, metal, or wood. They are required to learn genie skills.

Now you have The Cleric Series (Beggining).
~~~~~~~~~~~[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~Like my Tattoo?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: LighDar
Level: 19
Zen/Premium Character: Yes
Danger Level For Attacking Me: b:beatup
Post edited by LighDar - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    awwwwwh this guide is so cute b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A small warning about Thunderball... the general consensus on this forum is that Thunderball is simply not a very useful skill. It consumes a lot of mp for a relatively small payoff... even worse that it's damage over time, so most mobs (barring bosses) won't live long enough to endure all the damage. b:surrender

Personally, I say stay with a Whirlwind-Plumeshot combination, interspersed with heals, and keep Thunderball at level one (only getting it at all so you can get Wield Thunder later on).

And, Lighdar, how do you usually handle mp restoration? Meditation is the easiest (and cheapest!) way to restore mp over time, but potions will gain you levels faster. Then again, potion costs can really add up over time, especially for clerics (often touted as the most expensive class to play, except maybe barbarians). Personally, I'm fond of the Apothecary skill... though that requires you to take the time to pick ingredients.

Anyway, thanks for putting an indepth guide together. It may be useful for some new players who stop by for advice, although I wouldn't take this alone without checking out some of the other guides around as well. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    A small warning about Thunderball... the general consensus on this forum is that Thunderball is simply not a very useful skill. It consumes a lot of mp for a relatively small payoff... even worse that it's damage over time, so most mobs (barring bosses) won't live long enough to endure all the damage. b:surrender

I was talking about kind of like a boss thats a higher lvl that you team up to kill. In that situation it is pretty helpful...
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    awwwwwh this guide is so cute b:pleased
    Why is it cute? b:surrender
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was talking about kind of like a boss thats a higher lvl that you team up to kill. In that situation it is pretty helpful...

Also great to use when kiting mobs. Still throws in damage when you're throwing in distance.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

After questing a bit, at level 9 you should get a guid message that gives you a quest 'learn a manufactoring skill'. Visit th Elder, do quests, Learn a manufacturing skill, and she will talk a little about it.

Manufacturing quest at level 9? I'm pretty sure you get the manufacturing quests (and thus the manufacturing skills) at level 5.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Also great to use when kiting mobs. Still throws in damage when you're throwing in distance.

So it's worth to level it?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Please change the fonts to default white on black on hard on the eyes.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Lenyel - Harshlands
    Lenyel - Harshlands Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

If it would have had an instant casting maybe. But since it has so long chann/casting time, it doesnt really have any use. Where is the difference by giving a more dmgful hit? You always need to stop and cast.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If it would have had an instant casting maybe. But since it has so long chann/casting time, it doesnt really have any use. Where is the difference by giving a more dmgful hit? You always need to stop and cast.

I found thunderball to be really useful mid game when I was grinding on wood/poison mobs. I normally used it as the inital attack to get DOT started right away. A lot of clerics prefer wield thunder as the inital attack but the MP cost is quite significant so I actually found thunderball to be quite a bit more economical when grinding for longish periods.

But saying that I dont think i've used thunderball at all after lvl80 so it only has a short lifetime of usefullness. b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Endgame thunderball is useful imo. The sage version with sage metal mastery has a decent damage: 6800*1.25*1.15=9775 over 15 secs
    The number says: "Hey, I'm a charm breaker! :)"
  • SonidoOscuro - Harshlands
    SonidoOscuro - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well the only good use of thunderball I see is to cast it on someone very low lvl by surprise and watch him run trying to put it off. It's like setting a chicken on fire... But leaving my sadistic nature aside it is useful on wood mobs if you have enough sp to spare.
    Started - October-04-2009.
    Class- Winged Elf Cleric.
    Build- Vit. Hybrid.
    Server- Harshlands.
    Kills(PK)- 0.
    Deaths(PK)- 0.
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This Isn't What I Started The Thread For!
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options

And, Lighdar, how do you usually handle mp restoration?

Get an MP restoration charm from winning the Bamboo Village quest b:chuckle
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thunder Ball!!!
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

You know that really won't last for quite awhile. As far as I know, we only get 3 or 4 MP or HP charms throughout the game.

But as stated, meditation and apothecary skills do help you a lot with your quests. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

You don't get the quest in Bamboo Village it is Plume in Try your wings quest.It only lasts for few days depending on how much mana you use.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LighDar - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You don't get the quest in Bamboo Village it is Plume in Try your wings quest.It only lasts for few days depending on how much mana you use.