Wats a good fist build

MeleeWarrior - Lost City
MeleeWarrior - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Blademaster
hi im going to be a blademaster fist build and wondering if i shuld go full str because they dont tank in FB or BH, it's usually barbs. I got a lvl 69 barb so please respond about the build of fist bms pls!
Post edited by MeleeWarrior - Lost City on

Comments

• Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You can go enough str to be able to wear heavy armor and rest into dex & vit. Or just wear Light armor and put all the extra points into dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Dire_Straits - Dreamweaver
    Dire_Straits - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Most people go 2 Dex 3 Str in odd levels and 2 Dex 2 Str 1 Vit on even levels b:victory
    Skip the vitality for strength if you can afford to get the best HP shards and want to use Axes complimenting your level, otherwise you can always use a bit lower level axes for certain skills.

Also a good thing about fist BM skills are that you don't need any, fist mastery and level 1 in shadowless kick is enough. You can afford to raise some skills in *other weapon* AoE too for RB. Rest is your preference, have fun b:scorn
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Edit: misread the comma placement.
    my remark is rendered null and void.

Edit#2:
    Also -_- Why does the 6x Barb Icon get 7x armor and mine is stuck with this blue ****?
    Oh well... 4 more levels to go I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the problem is that you don't always get a barb for these instances...

anyway if you're sure of what you're doing it's ok to have base vit. the problem is that every bit of survivability will come through item additionals and refining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • LadyMedusa - Dreamweaver
    LadyMedusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yeah pumpkin, I do +2 str and +3 dex each lvl. Thinkin bout maybe doin +1 str and +4 dex though and wearin the light armour as suggested in here. Does str even make a difference in attk power?
    Please give it up for the baddest ****......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tebo
    tebo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    just go 3 str 2 dex and wear heavy armor , **** geting extra dex for evasion as evasion isn't reliable on a BM
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i did 3str and 7dex each 2 lvs on my bm lv56 was crasy dodgy and was very fun only played fist/bow bmb:dirty we al play as we wish i hope
  • tebo
    tebo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    but since he is on a pvp sever i wouldnt suggest a ton of dex and no vit as he would be food for magic classes and high lv phy mobs( 3/6 classes shoot undodgeable magic and high lv mobs dont miss much + if u plan on fighting heavy classes as a Bm u fail)
  • Esque - Lost City
    Esque - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Also a good thing about fist BM skills are that you don't need any, fist mastery and level 1 in shadowless kick is enough. You can afford to raise some skills in *other weapon* AoE too for RB. Rest is your preference, have fun b:scorn

The only thing I have to add is max out cyclone heel when you can too. In the early levels you won't see a noticeable increase in attack speed, but at later levels you'll definitely notice the difference.

Does str even make a difference in attk power?

Quite the difference:

Stats from pwcalc.ru/pwi

HH60 fists (base vit, no eqs, fist mastery at lvl 7):

Min dex (120 - 7%), rest into str(185): 1089-1164 p-atk
    Min str (96), rest into dex (209 - 11%): 830-904 p-atk
    Allnighte - knn read pwdatabase laio, rank6 weap needs all of the badges la.
    rank8 laio just la needs laio rep la

Naevo - o wait dis be pw-my-en? ding dong la
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i aint gona we as fail as u are gona we iff u dont get urself a misty ring just 2 hit me and physic mobs miss enough for my sutra 2 get my alive only need mp pots even lv40 mp pots is only needed while u need charm 2 we able to grind pff u in my opinion are more fail do i need to say moreb:chuckle
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    tebo wrote: »
    but since he is on a pvp sever i wouldnt suggest a ton of dex and no vit as he would be food for magic classes and high lv phy mobs( 3/6 classes shoot undodgeable magic and high lv mobs dont miss much + if u plan on fighting heavy classes as a Bm u fail)

Evasion helps plenty. Go roll a dex BM and see for yourself. I dodge like crazy and I'm HA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]