How old are you(Im I too old to play thread)?

Options

Comments

• Ibiki - Lost City
    Ibiki - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    20, 21 in December.
  • Entera - Sanctuary
    Entera - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    19 going on to 20 in June. 2nd Year Anthro Student.
  • Chootie - Lost City
    Chootie - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    28 playing in my free time hence still at lvl 23 b:laugh
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think I answered this just under a different name lol But I can't find it, long long thread.

I am 25, a web designer/host/graphic designer and I love MMORPGs. I believe I will never be too old for gaming ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ddraggy wrote: »
    I'm 25 (a few months from 26) and working regular part-time. Yup, definitely getting too old to play :eek:

OH NO. 25!!

I'm 33. LOL But I'm just a big kid, and get told I look 19 all the time anyway. :D Age is just a number. Guess your state of mind has a lot to do with it. No one can tell I am 33.

I know of someone else who plays online games and is 45, so I really don't think age has anything to do with it.... Isn't that why we all want to grow up when we're kids anyway? So we can do what we want and have chocolate for dinner if it suits us?? ;P I don't understand the idea that when you reach a certain age, all fun is supposed to stop. Because you're suddenly supposed to be too "mature" or something. What nonsense.

Oh, and I'm self-employed and my work is play too and I can work whenever I want.. ;PP

My bf plays Playstation with me and he's 46... ;P We have ice cream and chocolate for dinner all the time. :D But he's not into the online rpg thing. He thinks I'm a nerd for that. I started playing them when I was 20 though... And I haven't found one worth playing in a while.

(I'm a dollmaker actually... So if anyone wants ooak dolls made of their characters... ;P)
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm 18 and am dreading starting my life of slavery :(
    We should not have to work at all, its just to make businesses and corporations richer and the poor poorer, hell i want to live out in the hills self sufficient with no one telling me what to do and following the laws of nature rather than the laws of the state, one downside in doing this would mean losing my computer but hey im prepared to do that, im sorry but i can't find happiness in slavery like most of you can (no reference to the NIN song there ;)) and if you can't see why getting a dead end job and paying extortionate utility bills (that we should not be paying for anyways, just google Tesla and see for yourselves) is slavery then i feel sorry for you, i really do.
    Rant over :p

Paradox.. you're not supposed to start a life of slavery... Learning a trade that is like a hobby you love to do, even if you weren't getting paid for it, is the trick. I make dolls and my bf is a musician. We're so glad we're not like normal people! The hardest part is finding something in the world that suits your personality that doesn't feel like work to you. It takes a bit of thought and research sometimes. But better than a life of slavery!!!!

And be thankful you're bright enough to see what you see at your age. Most people don't. Knowledge is a burden, but it is power also, and knowing what you know is the best way to figure out how to avoid succumbing to all that.

Basically you have a few choices... find something you love that pays just enough.. make enough money to pay your bills but not really notice they're a problem. Do what the filthy rich do.. make it all work for you and get filthy rich in spite of it all. Or become a homeless wandering nomad or spiritual type and denounce all material things. More accepted in India than the West, but it's still an option. Or just move to India. :-)

You could also build your own house.. like an earthship, that is self sufficient, and built around the science of Tesla and others.. solar energy, etc., and avoid paying utilities that way. There are people who do that. Your imagination is the limit, and maybe lack of imagination is the reason many are slaves as they are. No one is forcing them to be.
  • vallove00
    vallove00 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    31 this year... =) Working as PA... Hence, night time (Singapore time around 7pm) then will be able to play it... =D
  • Callahael - Lost City
    Callahael - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yep, 29... and still love games. I am from the first generation of gamers (my first computer was a commodore 64), and I don't think I'll ever stop playing. I am married, with a child, and I even converted my wife to video games.
    This game is perfect for me to relax after a long day at work (I work in IT). What I like the most about this game is that I feel that the community is more mature than other games I tried.
    So I'll keep playing video games to the grave b:laugh

Have fun in life and life won't be so hard :D
  • Feirdrin - Heavens Tear
    Feirdrin - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ddraggy wrote: »
    I'm 25 (a few months from 26) and working regular part-time. Yup, definitely getting too old to play :eek:

...as someone said before there is no age limit to playing.

im 25 as well
    and i live with parents
    because why not, everything is too expensive nowadays LMAO
    oh and im also a graphic designer lol

b:victory
  • Meelan - Heavens Tear
    Meelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I was reading through and was glad to see i'm not the only 50 year old that plays. b:chuckle
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm 16 years old here.
    100% Virgin and never been used:p

Zanko~

i dont think we need to know ur a virgin
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Keep it clean please.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Paradox.. you're not supposed to start a life of slavery... Learning a trade that is like a hobby you love to do, even if you weren't getting paid for it, is the trick. I make dolls and my bf is a musician. We're so glad we're not like normal people! The hardest part is finding something in the world that suits your personality that doesn't feel like work to you. It takes a bit of thought and research sometimes. But better than a life of slavery!!!!.......

Paradox....
    yah I like how you indicate the self suffiency stuff. I have those thoughts myself about living in nature and all that, I like the whole eco-village/nature space/free living-cosm; Im all into that. I also like Tesla
  • Lenablade - Heavens Tear
    Lenablade - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Keep it clean please.

So agreed and in saying that Im 28 almost 29 in 8 days to be exact ^^
  • Serpintina - Lost City
    Serpintina - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I will be 35 on 11/7 and have been playing since Atari and Nintendo, even had a Commodore 64. This is only my 3rd MMO though besides UO and LOTRO(which I still play). And I have met alot of 50-60 yr olds playing MMO's one is a kin friend from LOTRO that told me about PWI. b:pleased
  • selfir
    selfir Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Today is my birthday and im turning into 24 :)
  • Sakuratwii - Lost City
    Sakuratwii - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:victory hiya am 17 and a high school student and i do make some money from babysitting and it pay darn well is i say so my self
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Dance of the fan
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    necro
    b:nosebleed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    34 unfortunately b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear
    Ciara_Sable - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    37, will be 38 in December. Have a five year old daughter, a man who's 4 years younger than me and who just went back to College to be some Network Admin muckity-muck. I work for a major US freight & logistics company and it's amazing some of the products businesses ship. (I mean, 8 lbs of frozen hampster ****. ... I don't want to know how they got it, but we shipped it!)

Been gaming since 2004, MMORPG's and very much into the roleplay aspect. I only RP in PWI with RL hubby to avoid the hecklers ;) I'll probably keep gaming til either arthritis sets in or the world goes boom (whichever's first, lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Happy are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I hit 22 two days ago (yes, last Friday and no one realised). It's not often that I spend more than a few hours a day on PWI, but I've been on nearly every day. b:pleased

I can spend just about as much time as I'd like between PWI and my work, but really I should be spending as much time possible on my work as I was supposed to had started earning money about this time last year. b:quiet

EDIT: I must be getting slow, I've only just realised this is a necro. Actually, it's proof I just need to get some sleep.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I hit 22 two days ago (yes, last Friday and no one realised). It's not often that I spend more than a few hours a day on PWI, but I've been on nearly every day. b:pleased

I can spend just about as much time as I'd like between PWI and my work, but really I should be spending as much time possible on my work as I was supposed to had started earning money about this time last year. b:quiet

Birthday twinsies b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:victory hiya am 17 and a high school student and i do make some money from babysitting and it pay darn well is i say so my self

WTF o_o
    THIS IS SUCH A BAD NECRO o_o
    i mean i WAS a noob before but isnt it common sense not to post on something old >.>
    BAD NECROb:angryb:cryb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WTF o_o
    THIS IS SUCH A BAD NECRO o_o
    i mean i WAS a noob before but isnt it common sense not to post on something old >.>

I didn't realize it was a necro until you said something. Of course, the indicator SHOULD have been the last post being on October 22nd (without the date) and it's only the 4th. b:surrender

Anywho, I will now say that I'm 23 with a great, if a little stressful, job and a fairytale romance love life. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    heh, im 49, and my husband is 56. im a retired preschool teacher and he teaches high school English, so he hasnt much time to play here, other than a bit on weekends now. been playing video games since Pong came out as a cocktail table game in Marie Chandler pie shops in Califorina...

i've heard there is a lady on HT who is in her 70s who plays with her grandchildren.

Some interesting stats, a little old but the trend is upwards in age

46 myself, oldest player I ever came across in a MMORPG was in his 60's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Did I post in here already? (too old to remember!)

Anyway, I'll be 28 next month b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm 26. graduated in computer sciencies though i abandoned the career recently. nowadays studying law and administration at home. I've been playing a similar game since I was 21 and joined PW as my guild migrated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • _icup - Harshlands
    _icup - Harshlands Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm 16, still in high school and have a part time job at walmartb:victory
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WTF STOP POSTING HERE GAH THIS IS SO OLD b:angryb:angry

@_@ Y DO People not leave these threads alone b:shedtear

i hate necros b:angry this is like a YEAR old >.>
    i knew it because Elis was on the first page >.>............
    then i looked at the date.........
    then the necro-er >.>
    is it that hard to NOT necro >.>
    ur messin with the space - time continum if u wanna look back at old posts in teh froums >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Nyghtshade - Heavens Tear
    Nyghtshade - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm 34 and I've met a more than few people that are my age and older. I enjoy it because it takes my mind off of other more stressful things.b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.