Stacking Sharptooth

Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Archer
Quick question about Sharptooth and Genie skill Ice Blast.

Do they stack together for a higher max HP % reduction?? (percentage of Ice Blast reduction is dependant on dex)
I don't have Ice Blast, would like to know for sure before I spend affinity.

Skill doesn't say it won't.......but that doesn't always mean it will, either. :P
Post edited by Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would be extremely surprised if they "stacked". Nothing else simliar works that way. Both reduce max HP, not current HP.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would be extremely surprised if they "stacked". Nothing else simliar works that way. Both reduce max HP, not current HP.
    I realize that, but was if you hit both at (roughly) same time while HP is still full....if that would work for a potentially huge increase in percentage for max HP reduction

I would be surprised too, which is why I am leery of spending affinity.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I realize that, but was if you hit both at (roughly) same time while HP is still full....if that would work for a potentially huge increase in percentage for max HP reduction

I would be surprised too, which is why I am leery of spending affinity.

My guess would be the stronger effect would take over if they only reduce MAX HP. The fact they only reduce the MAX is the main key.

If an ability such as Sharptooth reduced someone's HP from say 1000 to 900 their max HP is still 1000. If the genie ability is stronger and can reduce the HP from 1000 to 800 then it'll only drop it to 800 even if you used Sharptooth first.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The reduction is based on max HP, so it'd be the same as using two sharptooths at the same time: whichever one is stronger is the one you'll see while the other will, in essence, have no effect.