Whisper Colors...

KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
This seems a little backwards, imo...why leave the garish pink color for people who are your friends and the nice, cool blue color for those who aren't? It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me...I suggest a switch at next maintenance...who's with me! b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
Post edited by KrittyCat - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I can't even read the blue. Guess I'll become a bit more anti social. It's a very hard color to read for me, a way to customize it would be wonderful. As it is, I'll pretty much have to give up using whispers.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I can't even read the blue. Guess I'll become a bit more anti social. It's a very hard color to read for me, a way to customize it would be wonderful. As it is, I'll pretty much have to give up using whispers.

I know some people that are color blind, this will make the game a great deal more difficult.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Ya, I'm not color blind as far as I know, but some types of text are far more difficult for me to read than others. Blue is least affected by color blindness so it should be the least problematic text color, but the dark blue (and any dark color) blends into the background of a tinted window (which happens to make other text colors much easier to read).
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    So maybe keep the idea of different colors (so you know which ones to ignore) but make them easier to read? Like a nice non-pink color for friends, and then the garish pink for non-friends?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    This is only for the ones that DONT know.

you can increase the size of the font to huge proportioins and 8olden it too. In addition the color of the chat8ox can 8e changed as well to darker or lighter.

thats for those having pro8lems reading the text and DONT know a8out it.

If you still cant read it in gigantic, 8old letters, with dark 8ackground, then you have 8igger pro8lems to worry a8out, and no one 8ut a medical proffessional would 8e qualified to help you.
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    This is only for the ones that DONT know.

you can increase the size of the font to huge proportioins and 8olden it too. In addition the color of the chat8ox can 8e changed as well to darker or lighter.

thats for those having pro8lems reading the text and DONT know a8out it.

If you still cant read it in gigantic, 8old letters, with dark 8ackground, then you have 8igger pro8lems to worry a8out, and no one 8ut a medical proffessional would 8e qualified to help you.

My problem isn't not being able to read it, it's not wanting to see that pink color...It was annoying enough just starting, and now it has become increasingly so. This color change is a good idea, but needs to be flipped around. At least, that's what I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2009
    Or they could just let us customize our own colors. For a game that gives as much character customization as this one, you would think they would grasp the importance of UI customization yet they completely missed the mark there.
  • Hinode - Harshlands
    Hinode - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's pretty hard for me to read the pink actually. The blue looks so awesome. b:cry I want it for friends..
  • blackcid4
    blackcid4 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I hate this dark blue color, is not good for view, if you have dark background PAM, KILLING EYES!

Only two ways:
    1- Return to pink
    2- Hability to change colour
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We have had this charcolour long enough now, GM's it's time to get a brighter colour for ppl not on friendslist. TY
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    necro b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    necro b:angry

maybe he/shes new on forums and wanted give his/her opinion :)
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This seems a little backwards, imo...why leave the garish pink color for people who are your friends and the nice, cool blue color for those who aren't? It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me...I suggest a switch at next maintenance...who's with me! b:victory

LAWL im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not with u on this .................

i cant even read it now ........
    +
    every1 will get confused >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I for one am color blind. Its VERY hard for me to see blues and reds.

On the other hand though, its even harder for me to see that pink whisper color as well.

The ability to customize colors would make me a very happy player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    just make it that you can't make any text remotely close to red (for announcements)

and give warnings when you end up making two texts the same color.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    its not a SUPER bad necro only a month old but its a necro xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We have had this charcolour long enough now, GM's it's time to get a brighter colour for ppl not on friendslist. TY

I had to highlight your text to read it.

=_____=

Give us customization or give us death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The pink might be a bit garrish, but for me the blue is all but illegible - so I'll stick with the pink, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2009

blue is cool? in general yea i like blue better but as far as my chat box goes, that shade of blue is an epic fail.