E.P.I.C.S. L.I.S.T.: Finding what you want just got Easy.

2»

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    / trash can

and your poll is screwed. no option for. "no, dont like this idea" unless taking option for saying u overprice stuff .. like forcing ppl to say yes o.o. narb
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    Zalum - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What? most people that say no have that problem.... they are simply to greedy and by Epics List then people will be forced to price down goods.... or at the least, pray they are the cheapest item supplier in town.

But all in all i hope the In Game "Epics List" idea will atualy work.... then you'll never have to wander around for the right shop again.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    If you want a meaningful poll that devs will even bother to look at, you need to make it neutral.

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells will look at your poll and see it is biased towards yes and not look at further.

The correct 3 options for this poll should had been

1. Yes I agree
    2. No I do not agree
    3. I do not care either way
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    the idea sounds nice, and I can see both sides of the argument. but.. in my opinion there is already too much hand holding stuff in this game. seriously, we don't even have anything like you mention in real life. in real life - people must do comparison shopping in oder to find out who has the cheapest prices. I see time and time again in these forums that people want "more realism" from the game. Implementing this system would detract from that. By the way, its not that hard to walk down the street in West Arch (even on a busy day) and see who is selling what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Yah but it is crazy as a heck trying to find what you want at a price you want when you are pressed for time.
    edited September 2009
    Yah but it is crazy as a heck trying to find what you want at a price you want when you are pressed for time.

When you are pressed for time is when you should not be shopping.

Pretty much all the people that scream "I have been scammed" and make posts in the boards complaining, were also pressed for time and did not pay attention to what they were buying.

Take your time and pay attention when shopping, or it will end up costing you more than you expected.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

How exactly are you pressed for time? O_o
    A bit of waiting and shopping around never killed anyone (to the best of my knowledge).
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    And thats what the epics list is for^_^
    Find the cheepest goods for the lowest prices.
    edited September 2009

That is what shopping is all about, to find the good prices.

If you are not willing to spend the time shopping around, you should not be rewarded for your lazyness.

As someone posted earlier, next you would want to autolevel by just pulling a list of mobs and selecting them, and having their loot automaticaly get into inventory all while just standing around in one place.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

You didn't answer the question. How are you pressed for time?

Timed quest? Finish it before you decide to go shopping.

Real life? If something in real life is so pressing that you can't spend a few minutes looking around for decent prices then it's probably important enough that you shouldn't be playing PW at the time anyway.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    . in my opinion there is already too much hand holding stuff in this game. seriously, we don't even have anything like you mention in real life. in real life - people must do comparison shopping in oder to find out who has the cheapest prices. I see time and time again in these forums that people want "more realism" from the game.

I agree. AH is like Ebay, Catshops is like visiting your local retailers, Trade chat/spam is like advertising.
    That is what shopping is all about, to find the good prices.

If you are not willing to spend the time shopping around, you should not be rewarded for your lazyness.

As someone posted earlier, next you would want to autolevel by just pulling a list of mobs and selecting them, and having their loot automaticaly get into inventory all while just standing around in one place.

I agree. Why are you even playing, Zalum if you wanted everything handed to you on a plate. Oh I forgot, you don't play, you just troll the suggestion forum. b:chuckle
  • Zalum - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    I agree. Why are you even playing, Zalum if you wanted everything handed to you on a plate. Oh I forgot, you don't play, you just troll the suggestion forum

Then explain my Level going up?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Then explain my Level going up?

Oh my, you went from level 38 to 39 in how many days? Did you finally remember to do your crazy stone quests?b:chuckle

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ROFL.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    its nice to get and search away from the lag for sure.
    Id love it, but it would be hell for the programers lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    its nice to get and search away from the lag for sure.
    Id love it, but it would be hell for the programers lol

Yes! Think of the programmers!

(I'm a programmer b:victory)

But, yeah, this idea would be much harder to put into effect than it would to just walk through town and look at the shops and find what you're looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
  • CrackKills - Lost City
    CrackKills - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    zalum go make a poll to give me a free warsoul.

just make the options all different versions of yes and 1 option saying "no because i am a pedophile and like **** dead sheep."

then they will have to give me a free warsoulb:dirty
  • rhapsodus
    rhapsodus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    no thank you, for these reasons:

- high levels with vasts amounts of money will camp in archosaur searching for all the lowest prices and buying them all up, then reselling for higher prices, just like how some people camp AH, except this time they can do it any time anywhere.

- low levels can't compete because in my opinion, low levels' priorities lie in levelling up rather than getting gear. they can obviously reset their priorities, but then they would never advance in the game because everyone's off making money and nobody is levelling. by the time they're done, those who have made money will be using that money to make more money, and the market will be hard to enter. people with huge quantities of inventory can afford to sell at slightly lower prices because they just have that much more to make money with.

- people who can't be bothered to spend some time looking for good deals in catshops in my opinion don't deserve any sympathy. the items are there, the prices are set. you do the same as what every hardworking player does. look through the shops. if you're "pressed for time" or just don't care enough, then you have every reason to be missing out on great deals. sometimes strolling through archosaur and checking each catshop meticulously will reveal an overlooked gem. i got this item because i spent time and effort searching through every item of every catshop. i resent the idea that any ignorant layman can just pop open a window and automatically see what the lowest prices are and where.

- i dont like being spoon-fed.

**PS. i didnt want to add this in, but looking at your other suggestions, i really have to agree with some of the other posters. if you want your thread/poll/suggestion to be taken seriously, i believe the options should be serious too. almost every poll you have made have options skewed towards supporting your idea, which doesn't in any way make me want to vote yes, but rather discredits you in my mind.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Easy Price In Cat Shops Location In Simple Tracking (E.P.I.C.S. L.I.S.T)

that is creative and all with the abbreviation and all, but... it doesnt make SENSE. o.o

i get the cat shops location in simple tracking, but the "Easy price" part? so this is a thing that helps you find cat shop locations who have low prices????????? b:puzzled
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Why not just institute a Goddess Assistance Agency? Then a goddess will come down and give you any item in any quantity for free.
    The waffle barb is going to say i want waffle to the goddess
    Thanks finaly.... *sigh* some one with a brain^_^

Lets be friends.

Okay!

to the person who said tis:
    How exactly are you pressed for time? O_o
    A bit of waiting and shopping around never killed anyone (to the best of my knowledge

It did made mego nuts and i almost kill my cat [ real life one ]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Its not Eion anymore its Unknown]
    Done by ForsenX
  • hurroo
    hurroo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    they should just drop the price to post on the AH. or make it a % of your sell price.
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think the general consensus with this idea is that it's bad. Please let this topic die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality