Which class is your favourite?

Options

Comments

• XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Blademaster. Hands down.

No matter how many alts I create, even if I like the gameplay, I always come back to my BM. I'm just that type of guy. If I can run around like a headless chicken and come alive out of it leaving corpses behind, I WILL. Even better if I have a cleric who can keep up with me. In instances I might take it a bit slower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Initially I chose a barb because I like playing the cat-race of a given game. The whole "Barbarian" thing was actually a turn-off, I used to prefer casters over 'dumb melee meat-shields.'

But there's a sense of satisfaction in being the living shield between something big and nasty, and everyone else's almost-certain death. Especially while beating the **** out of it and laughing in its face because you're freaking indestructible.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I voted for BM.
    I've tried veno, cleric, and wizard. Never an archer or a barb.

My favorite thing about the BM class is I can always find a way to be useful.
    A level 40 BM can even be useful in as high as fb69. AoE stuns are amazing, they can run fast as all hell, so they're good at protecting squishies (especially with their ranged atk when there is a missed catch). We can tank, DD, etc. We can buff, debuff, and switch our defenses instantaneously for the given situation.

BM's are pretty amazing when you play them right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The whole "Barbarian" thing was actually a turn-off, I used to prefer casters over 'dumb melee meat-shields.'

And for me, I've never really cared for the summoner or glass-cannon casters, I prefer the light-armor quick & powerful ranged attacks. I guess that's why my werefox was LA and why my veno is LA now too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I voted Archer (love being the highest damage dealer), Cleric (Love healing), Barb (love tanking), and BM (love to AoE)
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BladeMaster =] i think the swords are wicked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Kylley - Sanctuary
    Kylley - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ^^^

My friend started to talk to me about the game, I was all 'okay cool I might check it out'.

Then he said I could play a catgirl and I demanded the link from him. d:

Almost the same thing happened to me =^.^=

My bro was playing and told me some things about this game, like the fact that i could have a cat venomancerb:pleased, have a pet with me. He told me about the Tabby Plumdrop b:cute So that made me think about really playing this game. Then I watch him play for a little while and I asked him if I could play on his computer till the game get installed on mine XD

In short: Cat veno + cat pet + cool graphic = me play XD

So... Venomancer is my fav class b:cute (but I still like bms)

And no, I dont hide behind my pet using only pet heal when i fight b:cool
    Hi! =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Main pets:
    Rayder, Sharptooth Wolfling: main pet
    Lyro, Guardian Wolf: magic tank, dder
    Kowlin: lurer
    Flameche, Blazing Pheonix
    BigBro, Crystalline Magmite: tanker (Yes i finally have a magmite, my bro gave me his cause he got a Walker b:surrender )
  • Ahanna - Lost City
    Ahanna - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Archer!

Started playing in october 2008 as BM. Got to lvl 77, got so damn tired of the grinding and took a long healthy break. Also tried veno 'til lvl 40.

Came back, started an archer. Wow. I love it. Close combat has always been my thing but dang did I get a turn over all of a sudden.

*Crit rate being 17 % at lvl 68 rocks, though it's a curse at times ("DON'T GET AGGRO ARCHER! ...I'm learning btw).

*High lvl reds gives me compliments all the time. It goes a little something like this; "DIE ALREADY!!!!!" ---> Hybrid build ftw!

*I have time to run and I get to sneak up on ppl!

I'm so never going back to my main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    One of the main reasons this game attracted me was because the tanks are anthro. b:pleased I've always played tanks on other games in the past and I am, more or less, furry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wiz because it's the most hard to play/challenging class in PWI + it has a wide range of skills you can use and combine . That's all there's to it , I couldn't care less if the class is phy or mag / ranged or melee :P .
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'd have to say cleric. A wizard can win, if they spike the cleric in 1 or 2 hits. But if they fail, they get slept while wasting 4+ sparks, which translates to losing no matter if they are sage or demon. Maybe if they run really, really fast I guess. But I've survived Ayano's spike after finally seeing a leveled BT, and wizards don't have much to offer against even a full magic build cleric without lucky spikes even with undine strike.

EDIT: Hiyas Ayano :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Veno because i love to use more than one character at once and i love to solo dungeons. Being able to multitask the veno and pet is what keeps me going. i have played all non-pet classes so far and only found the wizard to be worth leveling. It is a fun class, but not having a pet makes it extremely boring for me. I only got my wiz to 59 :/ .. then gave up because it was boring. Veno for ever.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    only reason i started to play was because you can play as a wolf XD

but you cant turn into one, thats dum >:O
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'd have to say cleric. A wizard can win, if they spike the cleric in 1 or 2 hits. But if they fail, they get slept while wasting 4+ sparks, which translates to losing no matter if they are sage or demon. Maybe if they run really, really fast I guess. But I've survived Ayano's spike after finally seeing a leveled BT, and wizards don't have much to offer against even a full magic build cleric without lucky spikes even with undine strike.

EDIT: Hiyas Ayano :)

Don't get me started on PVP discussions , it'll get totally off topic b:shocked .

Hi :) .
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Don't get me started on PVP discussions , it'll get totally off topic b:shocked

Hey, I won't touch wiz vs. cleric PvP topics without pointing out lucky spikes. Mages usually chew through their wad in the first 10 secs. Any mage who doesn't sutra or spark in that first 10 secs, is one I will very much worry about. Those are the ones who save their FoW for a spike save against a
    Genie'ed debuffed Tempest. And might I just say *bllllaaaawwwwuwgghhhhhh* :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Kvnazn - Heavens Tear
    Kvnazn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wizzies to me are the best class. I LOVE big damage and nuking the hell out of things. Plus they get the sexiest skill in the game! BIDS ftw b:dirty

....omg it's my first post!....
    I've been here for a year and i've never posted anything on the forums before. I think i'm finally coming out of my shell b:pleased
  • Hidaru_Areum - Heavens Tear
    Hidaru_Areum - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Barbarian <.< FURRIES FTW!

only reason i started to play was because you can play as a wolf XD

but you cant turn into one, thats dum >:O

I utterly and totally agree. Wolf Transformation ftw O:< then again...that would take alot of reworking for untamed to actually turn into the animal they chose x.x
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I choose Venomancer because I can play as a Kitsune with cool pets.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:scornb:avoidb:beatup

that link of yours is totally sickminded

Honsetly I think bm's are more versatile with the ability to use all melee weapons. But so far barbarian is my favorite. Tanks FTW!!!!! Also where is bowbarian on that list b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    Fyrelyte - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Whaaa, how can archers be losing?!

Archers: Definitely. For. The. Win. b:victory

Barbs = Miss too much (@ lower lvls, anyways.. couldn't get past that) & expensive.
    Venos = Too easy.
    Clerics = Too squishy ooor too much of a support class.
    Wizards = Toooooo squishy
    BMs = meh. Melee b:bye
    Archers = Pure Awesomeness. High & constant crits. Enough HP to actually take some hits. Sexy armor. Barrage. Range often outside of AOE. And, just plain awesome. Archers FTW!
    "My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
    Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sexy armor.

TT90 male armor ftl?b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Weeeeell, I am a girl and play as a girl... so speaking from the girl's side of it all. :D

I was hoping no one would point that out... >.> But hey, they show their abs.. not manly, perhaps, but still sexy.

<--Likes abs. b:dirty
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Weeeeell, I am a girl and play as a girl... so speaking from the girl's side of it all. :D

I was hoping no one would point that out... >.> But hey, they show their abs.. not manly, perhaps, but still sexy.

<--Likes abs. b:dirty
    Females do kinda make you look like a stripper, just saying lmao b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    -gives up- D:

Okay, okay, so omit "Sexy armor." from the list. You can still see, however, that archers are pure awesomeness, and therefore, are the best. It's a fact. Wikipedia it. >.>

Annnd psssh, I think my armor looks damn sexy in a non-stripper capacity. b:pleased

The only thing we don't look sexy doing is the Town Portal. Ugh, looks constipated, imo.
    But the Provoke action? b:victory
    -Neurosis

-SaberArturia
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Options
    -gives up- D:

Okay, okay, so omit "Sexy armor." from the list. You can still see, however, that archers are pure awesomeness, and therefore, are the best. It's a fact. Wikipedia it. >.>

Annnd psssh, I think my armor looks damn sexy in a non-stripper capacity. b:pleased

The only thing we don't look sexy doing is the Town Portal. Ugh, looks constipated, imo.
    But the Provoke action? b:victory
    well male doing thunder..whatmacallit makes em look homo b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You have it in for me. b:surrender
    -Neurosis

-SaberArturia
  • OVanceO - Harshlands
    OVanceO - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was going to make an archer as my main... but it's getting boring and they suck at low levels. Don't get me wrong, archers are the best besides venos at high levels. (But I'm a guy and I like playing guys.) I probably built it wrong or something because I remember putting a couple of points in vit and *cough* mag...... I screwed up there. b:shocked I'll try out clerics. Maybe I'll get invited into more parties if I'm a buff class. b:laugh
  • userisnotreal
    userisnotreal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Clerics Ftw. :3
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wish there was a 'none' option ;x
    only remotely close is the unknown for the tideborn class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ARCHERS FTW

archer - huge dmg and decent hp per vit to take some hits
    cleric - (main) to relied upon but just a powerful class when used properly
    Veno - to easy and a pet to help just isn't my style but i'd love the transfusions
    barb - tank class mainly so nowhere near my type
    BM - a all round virsatile class (close second to archer for me) but take to much in order to make them fairly powerful (alter marrow + LA ftw)
    wizzard - take to long to become strong even with earth armor and LA to make non squishy. but some of the skills look really nice (hp pool to low for me even sharded)