Stat implementation question.

Prodi - Heavens Tear
Prodi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Barbarian
I am new to the PWI world, made a 31 lvl cleric, but i went barb due to lack of them in the faction. I am not a nub to mmos though. I just wanted to know if anyone can give some insight as to Evasion compared to physical resistance as a tank barb. Theories are good, But wanted to know if anyone has actually tested out the numbers and which one does and will benefit more in the long run. Any serious information would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Post edited by Prodi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    dex from my own experience does very little for your evasion in PvE scenarios. PvP OTOH it actually has an impact whereby if you stat high in dex you get high evasion, and you get missed more by toons with lower dex. But.. I'm inclined to say that even with the increased evasion, you'll be lacking in def/hp so a BM could possibly take you down easier, since they get more out of dex accuracy wise than Barbs do, and mage classes will have an easier time with you as well - evasion/accuracy doesn't effect magical skills at all. I know you say you're not a total nub to MMO's but as a tank barb you'll want high vit, since evasion won't work against magical attacks youll be getting bombarded with alot, and realistically speaking - the more you get hit, the faster the kill can go if you have a veno that keeps you brambled. If you don't wanna get hit and don't care about the benefits of bramble, then bring a fox veno to keep the boss blinded with hex mist. I've found with my own veno that using this skill on the boss has a higher impact on the tank getting hit/missed than statting to dexterity would. main reason why barbs want dex is for the crit rate.

check out the stickied guide for what general consensus would have to be the best tank build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Make sure you have enough Str to equip your armour and latest weapon. Try to keep your Dex in multiples of 20. I had 40 dex since level 3x.
    I don't recommend you do that, Str serves you better at lower levels, you kill stuff quicker. Whatever you have left after you put enough Str and Dex every level can go to either Vit, if you wanna be your standard meat-shield aka tank, Str if you wanna kill stuff quicker and rush your leveling a bit, Dex if you wanna PvP at lower levels or if you just wanna cap your Dex at 60 (or 52) sooner than end-game.
  • Prodi - Heavens Tear
    Prodi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    all good responses thank you. but i wasn't stating dex, i was talking about evasion via equipment.
  • DRI - Dreamweaver
    DRI - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If equiped with + evasion items barb looses lots of protection.Value will never be high enough to make any difference in both pvp/pve,bosses ang magic attacks will never miss still.Barbarian concept includes taking lots of hits and surviving all.Better think of how to lower the dmg output of the things u fight - there are quite a lotta ways.
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The only Evasion equipment you should really equip is your cape. Don't go Evasion with your ornaments, as you can get better stuff out of them (like p. def at low levels, m. def at higher levels). Also, never attribute any points to magic. Just thought I'd stress that. The amount of evasion you'd get out of ornaments is not nearly as usefull as the def bonuses.