calamity

Thirion - Dreamweaver
Thirion - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
at dreamweaver server, there is a faction named "calamity".
which by the way it looks, is about to conquer the whole map. leaving 4 spots open for friendly little factions, to fight betwin each other for land rights and money.

so i wonder: what will happen when they do conquer the whole map? including the 4 friendly landscapes. when the whole territory cover in red color.
will the map refresh? a new start? will calamity gain a reward of effort?
Post edited by Thirion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No, it probably won't reset. Hopefully DW will get their act together and form a faction to take us down.
    hai2u
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bump for potential dual level-1 lands owned QQ?
    hai2u
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol, let's not get cocky.
    We'll do our best , EQ will do their best too. I bet it will be a hell of a fight!
    With the new expansion there will be some new territories, so other guilds will be able to take some land again.

And to to OP: we're far from taking the whole map. If we take 1 land/week we will own the map sometime in January if I'm not mistaking. But that's a "IF". We'll do our best each week, let's see who can ...best us out :D

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Honestly i don't think we'r gonna conquer the whole map.
    unless all other factions really **** up.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Viking_Lord - Dreamweaver
    Viking_Lord - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:shocked Calamity loose power? Never :P

Maybe if the whole world implodes..b:chuckle But even then.. hmm..
  • Athalon - Dreamweaver
    Athalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We in HellFire are working on it. Give us... maybe... 6-7 more months... 100 new members... and... well a lot of luck.
  • spuitelf
    spuitelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well think no-one can beat calamity... b:shocked
    because if members of armageddon get lvl 80... they want to join calamity b:shutup b:angry
    calamity is a faction that one have high ppl...

and why calamity and conquror are both RED CLLOR?
    b:pleased b:pleased giving away all info i know about PW b:pleased b:pleased
  • spuitelf
    edited October 2009
    We in HellFire are working on it. Give us... maybe... 6-7 more months... 100 new members... and... well a lot of luck.

I THINK MAYBE 300 MORE MEMBERS b:cry b:surrender b:cry b:surrender
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    spuitelf wrote: »
    and why calamity and conquror are both RED CLLOR?

I think the first faction that takes a NPC land is red, just they order of color assignments they gave. Nefarious is also red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    it's red because we leave a blood trail behind us. b:laugh

Calamity was the first faction on the server to get a land. Elysium was the second if I'm not mistaking. At that time Calamity was having about 80 members and Elysium was having 19x, all quite decent levels. But egos were too big in Elysium, so that faction byte the dust. Ppl spread around to Calamity, BloodPact, Armagedon. Some of them went to the newly created Equinox and .
    If Elysium would have not fallen because of drama I'm sure that would have been the 1st if not 2nd faction on the server.
    I remember a lot of great players from Elysium, players that went to above named factions and were the backbone of those factions for months. I left Elysium after we took the first land and went To Calamity.
    Why Calamity? I was just impressed by the way they were doing things at that time. The organization , drama free and familiar environment. I've talked with Seraphim for about 15 minutes and I just knew Calamity has to be my next home. Other players went to more warrior like environments like BloodPact and in some degree Equinox.
    Calamity success is not just based on high lvls. Of course, we have those because many of us were on the server in the day that started. But after so many TWs toghether we're a well oiled machine. We know sometimes what's happening and where to go in TW just looking for a split seccond at the map. We were suprised a couple of times, but organization and experience made us come out with our face clean ( remember when EQ took our crystal down to about 20% with a nice suprise attk).
    We're not invincible, we have a lot to learn and we're still making mistakes sometimes. But we're experienced enough to recover fast and lucky enough not to have opponents organized well enough to take advantage of our slips.

I don't see any faction rising out of the blue and just take down Calamity in TW. Wars with Equinox are like training camps, we know eachother so well already that I even know how many hits I can stand from that or that player and I adjust my tactic accordigly.
    They become better and better at it. We can still beat them, but man they are strong and deserve all respect. Without Calamity they would have wiped out everything on the map. And they became better because of the communication that now they have and they start to work like a machine. Ppl know what's best to do in certain sittuation without orders, they just know from experience, they build on already acquired experience.
    This is why I think that just putting some high lvls in a brand new faction and take a swing at either Calamity or Equinox is just pointless.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Calamity is NOT just a bunch of high leveled egomaniacs. From what I've seen, they are very picky about who is in the faction. I like the drama-free environment that is presented. Seraphim is also a pretty nice guy. To be honest, I was freaked out about talking to him when I realized that he was the leader of Cala. But I enjoyed talking to him when he found me. :3 Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the fourties while I wait for the new race. b:surrender
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We're not invincible, we have a lot to learn and we're still making mistakes sometimes.

LIES b:shocked. Seraphim is Zero and there's no way around it b:cry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Don't know but I find it exciting to see a faction conquer the whole map.
    Looking forward to it.
    <3 Calamity.
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Calamity is NOT just a bunch of high leveled egomaniacs. From what I've seen, they are very picky about who is in the faction. I like the drama-free environment that is presented. Seraphim is also a pretty nice guy. To be honest, I was freaked out about talking to him when I realized that he was the leader of Cala. But I enjoyed talking to him when he found me. :3 Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the fourties while I wait for the new race. b:surrender

This is quite right, Calamity has very strict taste on how we let people in. The level is most likely the least we worry about, we look for those who see Calamity as an permanent home or some sort and is able to get along with everyone else within the community.
  • spuitelf
    edited October 2009
    Calamity is NOT just a bunch of high leveled egomaniacs. From what I've seen, they are very picky about who is in the faction. I like the drama-free environment that is presented. Seraphim is also a pretty nice guy. To be honest, I was freaked out about talking to him when I realized that he was the leader of Cala. But I enjoyed talking to him when he found me. :3 Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the fourties while I wait for the new race.

well i think and hope there is coming a new server when the tideborn comes out because else no-one begin to make a tideborn... and they will never be on the list of highest people b:sad
    or they just reset the servers b:infuriated how shall that be :O b:shocked
    well i hope there will start a new server b:victory
  • Noxus - Dreamweaver
    Noxus - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    guys relax LOL

even if they take the whole map, what then?

there will still be TW cause ppl wont stop attacking just cause everything is under control of 1 faction belive me on that.

Then never forget that NOT everyone can join Calamity cause of the max player limit in factions.

You should also not forget its not their fault that the map is going to be controled. Its everyones fault cause everyone builds the game not one faction.

Then dont forget that Cala is actuelly a helpful faction, so if someone controls the map, its better gona be them ;)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is like people talking about CQ but with less rage.

Interesting.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Allyson - Harshlands
    Allyson - Harshlands Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    This is like people talking about CQ but with less rage.

Interesting.
    Iknowright? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ima dudeb:angry
    youtube.com/watch?v=RZhg727Mtw0
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    well... first, I must say that I really like Ursa's attitude. You, ma'am, are not an egomaniac and I admire that... but unfortunately, that is more than I can say about a lot of cala members. Don't get me wrong... there are a lot of you who do have good attitudes... and a lot that do not.

Anyway, to stick with the topic of this thread, I think I need to put in my 2 cents so people get a view from the other side of the fence. As an EQ member that's been there from the beginning, I've seen a lot of stuff happen on this server. I've seen people leave EQ for cala... I've seen people leave Cala for EQ. I've seen people leave both of these guilds for Armageddon and vice versa. For quite a while, there was a good balance of power between all 3 of these guilds. In my few months away from the game, however, something changed. I'm not quite sure what happened with Arma, but I do know the really big thing that happened with EQ. Lightwish took leadership. That was EQ's big turning point. By the time that I came back, I noticed that 1/2 of cala was ex-EQ members. EQ had to struggle to get a grasp on things after kicking Lightwish from the faction and attempting for some quick organization. Cala was still just as organized as ever. Any changes in leadership over there have always been planned and executed almost seamlessly, so there has been nothing to interrupt their smooth tactics. As was stated before, we (EQ) have finally gotten back on our feet and now we're beginning to pick up the pace. So... do I think cala will take the entire map? Absolutely not. I think they'll keep moving forward for a bit longer... but I am sure they will lose eventually. Whether it's EQ, Arma, HDT, Bushido, or any other faction that hasn't been named yet (maybe one that hasn't even been created yet). So... those that are worried about the entire map being red... I don't think you have to worry too much. Besides... the current rumor right now is that, once the expansion comes out, the map will be reset (at least, that's what I'm told has been done on MY-EN server).

In closing, I tip my glass to Calamity and say "Here's to our worthy adversaries. I look forward to many wars in the future and much fun all around." :)
  • spuitelf
    edited October 2009
    the current rumor right now is that, once the expansion comes out, the map will be reset (at least, that's what I'm told has been done on MY-EN server).

thats what i already was thingking... but they can also start a new server so thhe tideborn can be in the list of strongest people... it will be boring if there is no tideborn in the highest player list anyways if they just add people there will no-one go play the tideborn becuause then they neeed to get them to 90+AGAIN! b:angry b:shocked b:cry
  • Harundil - Dreamweaver
    Harundil - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL I doubt Calamity will get that power hungry :p
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    LOL I doubt Calamity will get that power hungry :p

there's no doubt that they already ARE that power hungry... I just doubt they'll be able to take the whole map.

I've also heard something about there being a limit on how many lvl 2 cities one faction can take. I'm not sure if this is true or not, however.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    even if there is a rule like that, it's all for nothing.
    There is a clear one stating that a faction cannot hold both lvl 3 lands. But as many other things in this game, that rule is broken. Basically we could bid and take over Archosaur.
    Now, if there is a rule for lvl 2 lands I'm sure it will hold as much water as the one for lvl 3 :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    there's no doubt that they already ARE that power hungry... I just doubt they'll be able to take the whole map.

I've also heard something about there being a limit on how many lvl 2 cities one faction can take. I'm not sure if this is true or not, however.
    It's not true.

Just look at lost cities map.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I find it quite amusing how everyone hates/loves the bigger guilds. Well first this is how Calam came 2 be. First if i am correct (not in the guild) Why came with an organized group of players to Dreamweaver THE DAY IT OPENED, i remember the days when everyone wanted 2 be lvl 20 first 2 get their guild names, quite fun. Anyway back 2 my story, as days went on these organized groups began recruiting new meat (fresh players) and began talkin about and watchin videos on TWs like mad, I thought that was really funny at first, but then as they all hit 40-50, i saw something a think i would never see. Calam took the first Land. This of course brought a new rush of recruits considering everyone loves being in the "best guild" or "cattle herding" as they call it but hey, thats normal human nature, Go to the best guild, root for the underdog. So as this happens, they begin to look at rebirth videos and the RB "vets" took all the higher to RB and they taught everyone else. Soon after they were leveling like beasts which made me think they had no lives but hey i didnt know XD. So as they level and guild grow, New guilds take land everywhere, The Warrior guild Bloodpact, The powerhouse Elysium, even Arma and Immortal , then EQ comes 2 Seraphim talkin about will do everything u want us 2 do blh blah, then Calam takes them on RBs and show them how its done since they are Allies. Then bam Eq recruits, even becomes bigger then Calam but they also began 2 wipe the map. Guilds came and EQ or Calam would fight, when guild got 2 big, they "TW GANKED" the guild till they lost serious power. Now after they took the whole map, Calam and EQ started 2 fight mainly to see who is better, but Calam was more prepared then EQ and they were just takin the map and As a said before, "People go 2 bigger guilds to make themselves seem powerful" u can see it on my post in DW forum, anyway so more people go 2 Calam and tho people might think Calam is better b/c all the sheep heards, The main highest lvls were the people that came in the first weeks, And u kno whats funny, Even after Calam had a guild of rebels branch off from them, they still wiped out the drama, Where Raiden and the others of that guild are now IDK. But the main point is, everyone was so Scared of EQ/CAlam that they didnt rise against them, instead they went for the only guilds that went against them, Immortal, Arma especially. SO this is how Calam came 2 be, and if u want 2 beat them, im sorry 2 say, Get ur a**es in the Game, Stop qqing, Get organized, and Wipe them off the map, that is if your organized and brave enough. Ill live with this, " its not about how big the dog is in the fight, its about how much fight is in the dog"

~Silver
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City
    __AsHRAcK__ - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Calamity is nothing compared to CQ b:cute They only need 4 more lands unless they took another land this weekend... I must check :P

What i would really love to see tho is Calamity vs. CQ in a TW... That wud be epic.. To bad it cnt happen b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    I find it quite amusing how everyone hates/loves the bigger guilds. Well first this is how Calam came 2 be. First if i am correct (not in the guild) Why came with an organized group of players to Dreamweaver THE DAY IT OPENED, i remember the days when everyone wanted 2 be lvl 20 first 2 get their guild names, quite fun. Anyway back 2 my story, as days went on these organized groups began recruiting new meat (fresh players) and began talkin about and watchin videos on TWs like mad, I thought that was really funny at first, but then as they all hit 40-50, i saw something a think i would never see. Calam took the first Land. This of course brought a new rush of recruits considering everyone loves being in the "best guild" or "cattle herding" as they call it but hey, thats normal human nature, Go to the best guild, root for the underdog. So as this happens, they begin to look at rebirth videos and the RB "vets" took all the higher to RB and they taught everyone else. Soon after they were leveling like beasts which made me think they had no lives but hey i didnt know XD. So as they level and guild grow, New guilds take land everywhere, The Warrior guild Bloodpact, The powerhouse Elysium, even Arma and Immortal , then EQ comes 2 Seraphim talkin about will do everything u want us 2 do blh blah, then Calam takes them on RBs and show them how its done since they are Allies. Then bam Eq recruits, even becomes bigger then Calam but they also began 2 wipe the map. Guilds came and EQ or Calam would fight, when guild got 2 big, they "TW GANKED" the guild till they lost serious power. Now after they took the whole map, Calam and EQ started 2 fight mainly to see who is better, but Calam was more prepared then EQ and they were just takin the map and As a said before, "People go 2 bigger guilds to make themselves seem powerful" u can see it on my post in DW forum, anyway so more people go 2 Calam and tho people might think Calam is better b/c all the sheep heards, The main highest lvls were the people that came in the first weeks, And u kno whats funny, Even after Calam had a guild of rebels branch off from them, they still wiped out the drama, Where Raiden and the others of that guild are now IDK. But the main point is, everyone was so Scared of EQ/CAlam that they didnt rise against them, instead they went for the only guilds that went against them, Immortal, Arma especially. SO this is how Calam came 2 be, and if u want 2 beat them, im sorry 2 say, Get ur a**es in the Game, Stop qqing, Get organized, and Wipe them off the map, that is if your organized and brave enough. Ill live with this, " its not about how big the dog is in the fight, its about how much fight is in the dog"

~Silver

That's not quite right Silver... but close

First.. there was never actually an alliance between cala and EQ. There was more of a ceasefire. EQ was not supposed to attack cala and cala was not supposed to attack EQ until all lands were taken.

Also... there were people in EQ that already knew how to do RB. To my knowledge (and being that I was one of the original officers in EQ, my knowledge is usually pretty accurate) cala hasn't shown EQ how to do anything. Not RB, not TT, not TW... nothing. That doesn't mean that no cala member ever showed an EQ member how to do something. I'm sure some of them have. As well, I'm sure some EQ members (including myself) have shown some cala members how to do things in the game. It's got nothing to do with @ss kissing and begging cala for an alliance. That's just how the game works. It's also no big secret on DW which 2 people did the most dmg to EQ's members (I'm talking about internal sabotage). That horse has been beaten enough so I'm not gonna get back into it.

Anyway... the story I've gotten from lots of cala members is this. Calamity was started by some people that came from Sanctuary. These people were already organized and already well versed in the art of TW. Calamity has been known to take members from other factions without using world chat. They were the type of faction that pm'd people in other factions to recruit them. They'd have an interview and then recruit. This is how they built the base of the faction. After they had enough people, that's when they started using the world chat to advertise their website for applications.

Also... sorry, but anyone who says lvl doesn't mean much to cala obviously hasn't been there since the beginning or has forgotten the beginning. They only went for the highest lvls on the server for a very long time. I remember when it was at the point where almost anyone with a green weapon (TT weapon) got an invite to calamity. After they had the numbers... that's whey they started to weed out the people with the wrong type of attitude.
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That's not quite right Silver... but close

First.. there was never actually an alliance between cala and EQ. There was more of a ceasefire. EQ was not supposed to attack cala and cala was not supposed to attack EQ until all lands were taken.

Also... there were people in EQ that already knew how to do RB. To my knowledge (and being that I was one of the original officers in EQ, my knowledge is usually pretty accurate) cala hasn't shown EQ how to do anything. Not RB, not TT, not TW... nothing. That doesn't mean that no cala member ever showed an EQ member how to do something. I'm sure some of them have. As well, I'm sure some EQ members (including myself) have shown some cala members how to do things in the game. It's got nothing to do with @ss kissing and begging cala for an alliance. That's just how the game works. It's also no big secret on DW which 2 people did the most dmg to EQ's members (I'm talking about internal sabotage). That horse has been beaten enough so I'm not gonna get back into it.

Anyway... the story I've gotten from lots of cala members is this. Calamity was started by some people that came from Sanctuary. These people were already organized and already well versed in the art of TW. Calamity has been known to take members from other factions without using world chat. They were the type of faction that pm'd people in other factions to recruit them. They'd have an interview and then recruit. This is how they built the base of the faction. After they had enough people, that's when they started using the world chat to advertise their website for applications.

Also... sorry, but anyone who says lvl doesn't mean much to cala obviously hasn't been there since the beginning or has forgotten the beginning. They only went for the highest lvls on the server for a very long time. I remember when it was at the point where almost anyone with a green weapon (TT weapon) got an invite to calamity. After they had the numbers... that's whey they started to weed out the people with the wrong type of attitude.

hm...interesting Cuz even when i talked 2 Seraphim long ago, he said they were like pretty much "hey lets be allied till no one was left 2 stand" and about the RB thing thats what i heard from Sera so i might be wrong but hey, idk XD
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver