Dreamweaver's Economy

Taranta - Dreamweaver
Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Tideswell (East)
I'm going to be honest here: I haven't been playing PWI all that long. But one main thing I've been picking up on in the time that I've been here is that our economy is run solely by zen and gold. Don't believe me? Head into the auction house. People are charging huge amounts of coin for remarkably small sums. And of course, since many can't/don't want to spend any real money on this game, the people who drive prices up keep earning money. In my opinion, it's a seller's market.

It's gotten so bad that when I can afford to spend actual cash to get gold, I earn a killing selling for what should be a fair price to my faction members (1 silver is equal to 1k). I have a waiting list for people who want to buy from me, and I've actually dropped people from my friendslist and blacklisted them because they started scamming me. Even more frightening is the fact that it'll get worse before it gets better.

I've already seen some prices begin to spike (TT mats, iron hammers, CHARMS), and the average price of gold on the player market fluxuates wildly, depending solely on events and special sales to determine the direction the player market is headed in. Catshops are everywhere, and few actually have decent pricing for players. I saw one in Lost the other night that had someone selling Animal furs for 2k apiece, but only giving those who sold THE SAME ITEM 500 per fur. Now, I'm not saying that all players are at fault, but we need to start controlling this.

Control means lowering the overall market price for gold. Control means stopping ridiculous prices for high lvl/cash shop items. Most of all, control means allowing ourselves to make less money on each individual sale. Think about it, at the very least.

Wow...that was a lot of writing. Anyhow, what're your thoughts on this, Dreamweaver? Good idea? Bad idea? Am I just crazy? Speak, so that your thoughts may be heard!
I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
Post edited by Taranta - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Everyone send in a ticket and cuss out the GMs!! that's what I did b:victory
  • Derako - Dreamweaver
    Derako - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Controlling an entire server's economy would be one heck of a job. I have no idea how you would convince Scrooge to not make an insane profit. I believe that you would have to reach out to 50%+ of dreamweaver and make them stop buying gold or paying absurd prices. I do agree with you however our economy sucks, scammers are running rampant in West Archosaur, commonly i see "Buying Purified Oil for 2k but ill sell it to you for 5k!" That kinda stuff pisses me off.

Its like in America, we were unhappy with our skyrocketing gas prices but it took awhile for the citizens to realize that a boycott of sorts was needed and the gas prices slowly dropped.

-Derako
  • Belliall - Dreamweaver
    Belliall - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ya its a good idea, but what about the players who already have lots of coins? They will become extra rich, will have all good things on game and others wont follow them in a stepb:sad
  • Belliall - Dreamweaver
    Belliall - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wont be able to follow them*> my bad
  • thechillum
    thechillum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    In the couple of days since anniversary packs were pulled i've seen gold prices fluctuate between 230k right back up to 350k.

I was hoping it would settle back down to the 150-200k mark.

Now I see they've brought through a sale for Training Esotericas for a week.

I've been waiting for prices to drop back to reasonable levels so I can finally go out and get a perfect iron hammer to open my supply stash!
  • Kagutsuchi - Dreamweaver
    Kagutsuchi - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    thechillum wrote: »
    In the couple of days since anniversary packs were pulled i've seen gold prices fluctuate between 230k right back up to 350k.

I was hoping it would settle back down to the 150-200k mark.

Now I see they've brought through a sale for Training Esotericas for a week.

I've been waiting for prices to drop back to reasonable levels so I can finally go out and get a perfect iron hammer to open my supply stash!

Before the spring packs people were whining about the goldprices being high at 130k.
    People whine too much imho.
    Yeah gold prices went up (and yes, insanely) but I think 100k for 1 gold is way too cheap. 10 real dollars, real life money, would give you 1 million coin ingame. That's one level 79 skill. I can think of a lot of stuff thats fun to do with just 10 dollar.

It's not the coin per gold that's off, it's the cash shop item per gold ratio that's way off. If you wouldn't need that much gold to buy something, you wouldn't mind paying that amount of coin.
    I mean, come on, 50 dollar for a stinking mount? FIFTY DOLLAR. I could get a jear of relatively good webhosting for that. a YEAR.

With this last event PWI raked in huge sums of money, from me as well, they couldn't care less if the economy got screwed for 2 months.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    the problem is people put the gold on for 300k then others decide well people paid 400k for it before why not now and so they buy the gold at 300k and sell it for 400k and it keeps happening that way so our prices arent going to go down unless people stop buying gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    <edited : No racism please.>
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    delete your post please this is rude and inappropriate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Wolfexxx - Dreamweaver
    Wolfexxx - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i agree that dreamweavers economy has gone a bit out of wack. i mean come on 2.6mil for a Shadou Cub b:shocked. i mean get real at the most that thing cost like one mil. the price of gold i dont even want to get into, and TT mats omg. i really dont think anything can be done at this point, unless someone has a really good idea
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Me has a good idea...
    Flood the world with things you need like TT mats and suchs.
    (>.<)
    override the sellers by being a seller yourself!

Probably easier to unite in a PvE server then PvP server. Everyone head to the Twilight temples!!!
    XD

(T.T) probably won't work as well as me thought.
    =(
    but me can dream.
    (>.<)'

also 2.6mil for a Shadou Cub?
    heck I've been seeing one cheiftan's edges selling for 900k in the auction house....
    DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfexxx - Dreamweaver
    Wolfexxx - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i think your post was funny lolb:laugh
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    strange, there is no report button on these forums for inappropriate posts. This should really be added.

Oh well, i quoted him, so it doesn't matter, he can change whatever he likes.
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    To be blunt, a lot of people are very upset about the gold pricing. I mean this may sound like an small necessity but when you think about it... 1 gold = 500k+ for a PIGGY SMILIE?(wait...piggies are a necessity?)

Someone shoot me. b:cry
    Oh well least these bear things are free. b:victory

Anywho... the issue of money is greatly growing a nuisance, even for people who are getting decent money as there TW pay or from grinding/questing or W/E, its ridiculous at how much more they have to do to keep up with the economy.
    Then again for those who actually sell the gold, hey big bucks for them.

I'm not going to bother to rant about this issue since more than half of the server is doing it for me.

Pixel money > RL money.

Is there a new server coming out soon for those who don't charge zen?
    ;< Cheap people need to survive this 'disaster'!
  • LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver
    LadyRatatosk - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ah, capitalism. The free market basis upon which our country is based. Why should PWI be any different? The only thing you can do is not buy. I mean, CS items aren't required to play, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Courage Is The Magic That Turns Dreams Into Reality
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Post edited and quoting removed. Jer, please keep racism off these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ;< Cheap people need to survive this 'disaster'!
    I think, that they can survive. 17 of September my hero made first steps at the earth of perfect world. Today he will buy Nakirs Judgement:
    Nakirs Judgement
    Requesite Level: 30
    Requesite Class:
    Blademaster - Wizard
    Normal Speed: 2.0
    Hasted Speed 4.

Using this sword he will fly all his game-time.
    I don't charge zen.

Edited :
    Here my red bird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valletta - Dreamweaver
    Valletta - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow... VERY Amazing... People can be noobs!

I got a idea! Lets start a Stock Market here on Dreamweaver as a thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Red can be good, Blue can be bad. Never be confused by the two colours of rivalry" - General Summer.

"When I look out to see the movements of the wraiths, I usually see something... Something that is attacking the invaders... I think some wraiths are on our side as well... I shall call them, the rebel wraith." - Wraithhunter Hu.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Newer servers = higher gold prices.
    hai2u
  • AzureDemon - Dreamweaver
    AzureDemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The higher gold prices are, more people who wouldn't spend money will. This leads to new upgrades....which lead to more money spent...which leads to....damn this is a never ending cycle. Can't wait for new expansion b:laugh
  • Reico_matrix - Dreamweaver
    Reico_matrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know this is a free game and all, I personally do not use the boutique, but consider the cost of running a game like this.

Consider that there is an expansion on the rise, and the costs involved in implementing that expansion.

Consider the cost of server upgrades, reducing lag, as their player base expands, to keep you, the freemmorpg player, happy.

It is all money.

Anniversary Packs came out, they made millions. In game economy went to the ****ter. They got rid of them, that income stopped coming in, but oh look, the economy in the game has stabilized.

Who cares? Said PWI, bring back the anniversary pack, we need money, this **** isn't free, after all.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know this is a free game and all, I personally do not use the boutique, but consider the cost of running a game like this.

Consider that there is an expansion on the rise, and the costs involved in implementing that expansion.

Consider the cost of server upgrades, reducing lag, as their player base expands, to keep you, the freemmorpg player, happy.

It is all money.

Anniversary Packs came out, they made millions. In game economy went to the ****ter. They got rid of them, that income stopped coming in, but oh look, the economy in the game has stabilized.

Who cares? Said PWI, bring back the anniversary pack, we need money, this **** isn't free, after all.

They don't keep the playerbase happy, they don't reduce lag, they don't address relatively easy to fix issues and bugs. And no, the economy in game has NOT stabilized.
    hai2u
  • Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984
    Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984 Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    They don't keep the playerbase happy, they don't reduce lag, they don't address relatively easy to fix issues and bugs. And no, the economy in game has NOT stabilized.

Lmao ! Everytime I go into Arch I have to put on Best Performance or I lag out T_T. So yeah I guess the player base loves lag and anni packs ? b:surrender But yeah I agree with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    愛してる。。。いつも