You all are crazy!

Vylauri - Heavens Tear
Vylauri - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
edited October 2009 in The Crafting Nook
Not all of you of course but this is directed at the crazy sellers.

I went into Archasaur to buy some mats to start leveling up my Blacksmith and Tailor skills so I would be ready for my quest to get them to level 6 when I hit level 70. Had everything ready just needed the leather. When no one was selling them near the blacksmith I looked closer to the Tailor. I ran into a shop between the Gem seller and Tailor with someone selling Leather at 20k EACH! No lies. Not kidding. 20k Each. First thing I think is "well it could have been a mistype it happens" but everything this person has is either 20k or 10k. Even some DQ 31 ~I believe Dull Claws~ were being sold at 20k each.

So I think well this person is just silly, no one is gonna buy those ~walks away~. Check shops near tailor and find no sellers. So I check AH.

And there are 3 different Auctions going on for 20 Leathers for a buy price of 600k ~starting bid 300k~. So I'm basically looking like this -->b:shocked. And goin "WTH the rest of the time TRYING to look for a seller at a DECENT price. ~needless to say I couldn't find any~. If prices for mats are goin that high Imma quit my Tailor and Blacksmith and just sell all mine with jacked up prices. Make some serious money >.>

/ends rant

~go ahead and troll if you want IDC~
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Post edited by Vylauri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Prices for mats in game are ridiculous. If you think you can handle them, Huggy Hares offer a decent drop rate of leather and are L75 magic range. (Just don't stand beside them if you can help it.)
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Prices for mats in game are ridiculous. If you think you can handle them, Huggy Hares offer a decent drop rate of leather and are L75 magic range. (Just don't stand beside them if you can help it.)

Ahem, those would be Reinforced Leather, the OP was talking about Leather. And I wouldn't call 7% a decent drop rate.

You could always farm insane amounts of coin to fund buying the mats. Or make an alt just to farm mats.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Nephandus - Heavens Tear
    Nephandus - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There is the option of the cash shop too, I gave in and bought some rough fur for a gold...

got my quest done tho...

I felt bad that I had to, but I tried farming them on my alt, and it was taking way too long.
    I could get more accomplished on my main than having to grind for a low % Drop for hours.

@ OP: I saw that CatShop and I thought the same as you... CrAzY NutJob... But I'll bet someone paid that price if they were desperate enough.

EDIT: Maybe they were hoping for someone to talk about them on the Forum, and now have achieved their goal of becoming infamous...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If people want to level by doing dailies and other stupid time wasting stuff, they'll have to pay the prices.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not all of you of course but this is directed at the crazy sellers.

I went into Archasaur to buy some mats to start leveling up my Blacksmith and Tailor skills so I would be ready for my quest to get them to level 6 when I hit level 70. Had everything ready just needed the leather. When no one was selling them near the blacksmith I looked closer to the Tailor. I ran into a shop between the Gem seller and Tailor with someone selling Leather at 20k EACH! No lies. Not kidding. 20k Each. First thing I think is "well it could have been a mistype it happens" but everything this person has is either 20k or 10k. Even some DQ 31 ~I believe Dull Claws~ were being sold at 20k each.

So I think well this person is just silly, no one is gonna buy those ~walks away~. Check shops near tailor and find no sellers. So I check AH.

And there are 3 different Auctions going on for 20 Leathers for a buy price of 600k ~starting bid 300k~. So I'm basically looking like this -->b:shocked. And goin "WTH the rest of the time TRYING to look for a seller at a DECENT price. ~needless to say I couldn't find any~. If prices for mats are goin that high Imma quit my Tailor and Blacksmith and just sell all mine with jacked up prices. Make some serious money >.>

/ends rant

instead of buying, why don't you stop being lazy and go farm those mats yourself? If you prefer to be lazy and not farm mats, than stop complaining and pay.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    instead of buying, why don't you stop being lazy and go farm those mats yourself? If you prefer to be lazy and not farm mats, than stop complaining and pay.

Lol, because I would rather spend my time grinding to level instead of getting mats? It's not being lazy is being smart with your time. If people wanna farm mats kudos to you cause I just don't have that type of patience. I would rather spend my time grinding up my levels ^^. Even so I can't picture normal mats being that high. TT Mats and Gold mats ok but normal mats sorta caught me off guard there lawls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol, because I would rather spend my time grinding to level instead of getting mats? It's not being lazy is being smart with your time. If people wanna farm mats kudos to you cause I just don't have that type of patience. I would rather spend my time grinding up my levels ^^. Even so I can't picture normal mats being that high. TT Mats and Gold mats ok but normal mats sorta caught me off guard there lawls.

You know... there are certain mobs that have good material drop rates and are good for exp. It not like you can only do one thing at a time. If everyone were like you and just grinded but still wanted to get materials via low price catshops, then the prices would be even higher. Dont complain about materials being expensive. Just go farm em yourself or suck it up and just purchase it (or... just ignore all your manufacture skills).
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    You know... there are certain mobs that have good material drop rates and are good for exp. It not like you can only do one thing at a time. If everyone were like you and just grinded but still wanted to get materials via low price catshops, then the prices would be even higher. Dont complain about materials being expensive. Just go farm em yourself or suck it up and just purchase it (or... just ignore all your manufacture skills).

Most of the prices don't bother me, for example: 5k glue, 5k thread. Doesn't bother me at all. But when I ask my friends/guildies about prices for such and such item and I tell them the price of this such and such item and they all go "WTF" or "FFS", well than its not just me is it? :p

And yes some mobs are good for grinding/mat drops. I usually go for those mobs. I was grinding/farming Supreme Foxwings for longest time till I moved up, good reinforced leather drops. Saved everything I got. But I do believe I'm a bit high for certain mobs that drop leather to be a decent drop rate.

Plus if everyone were like me it would be a scary game no? Lol, I have farmed mats a few times but after farming for so long for what I needed and how much I needed it burned me off the game and I had to stop playing for a while.

I'm not asking for cheap/free mats (like I said for the people who do have patience to farm these mats I give kudos to and appreciate it). But are you telling me that Leather at 20K a piece is a normal price? Say it is and be serious then I'll edit my OP and call myself crazy.

Yes I know everyone has their choice on what price they want their mats to be sold at. Doesn't mean I (or anyone else) is going to buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What im saying is either, go get the materials yourself or suck it up and buy it for whatever price that you can find.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    What im saying is either, go get the materials yourself or suck it up and buy it for whatever price that you can find.

And what I'm saying is: I have no patience to farm for material that low and I'm not going to buy at that price ^w^.

So yes "I'm screwed" heheb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009

Since you do not have the patience, than PAY those that have. If you have a problem with it, don't buy the mats and get them yourself, or don't level your skills.

You have 3 choices:
    1. pay
    2. go get them yourself
    3. do not level your skills

Now stop complaining and chose one of those 3 options.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Veluciel - Heavens Tear
    Veluciel - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There are always people who put their catshops/AH prices ridicoulously (mispelled i know) high, but most just put a decent/fair price, you just have to look a bit harder to find them. Another option is, like said earlier, farming it yourself if you have time to spare ingame if you're not grinding/questing.
    b:bye
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Since you do not have the patience, than PAY those that have. If you have a problem with it, don't buy the mats and get them yourself, or don't level your skills.

You have 3 choices:
    1. pay
    2. go get them yourself
    3. do not level your skills

Now stop complaining and chose one of those 3 options.

Well I have already stated that I have no problem paying prices that are normal. But I wont pay outrageous prices such as 20k each for Leather.

When I see someone selling Leather at 4-6k a piece I'll buy it no problem ^^.

Till then I am aloud to "complain" about someone pricing it at 20k each in a catshop and 30k each in AH. b:mischievous

You certainly don't have to reply or read my complaints if you don't want to if they are bothering you so much b:chuckle.

But I know you're just wanting to up your post count so go ahead. Doesn't really bother me b:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    Well I have already stated that I have no problem paying prices that are normal. But I wont pay outrageous prices such as 20k each for Leather.

When I see someone selling Leather at 4-6k a piece I'll buy it no problem ^^.

Till then I am aloud to "complain" about someone pricing it at 20k each in a catshop and 30k each in AH. b:mischievous

You certainly don't have to reply or read my complaints if you don't want to if they are bothering you so much b:chuckle.

But I know you're just wanting to up your post count so go ahead. Doesn't really bother me b:chuckle.

And you are not??? As if complaining on the boards over something that is a non-issue, since you can just get them yourself is not totaly pointless. No body is making you buy over priced items.. Get over it.
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    /ends rant

You seem to care about trolling/flaming comments on your rant b:question.

*Puts Leather at 100k each b:sin*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    You seem to care about trolling/flaming comments on your rant b:question.

No not really. I find them immensely funny.

*Puts Leather at 100k each b:sin*

^ Lawls b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would like to thank you for informing me of the new market price of Leather. I shall update my shop's prices accordingly.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Strange.
    O.o'
    No one suggested this.

ZHEN FARM THE MATS~! muhahahaha~!

without charms equipped of course.

worked fine for us while we tried getting concentrated glue for the bm and since the mobs are such low level don't have to worry about me dying.
    Also the probably doesn't work for all mats but working just fine for low level mats like dull claws, concentrated glue, etc.

b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    basically it comes down to this:
    mats that aren't a really really common drop and are used a lot, like leathers and glaze for example are priced higher.

also they're directly related to gold prices, since u can get them from boutique ...

so if gold jumps from .. let's say 120k to 400k ? guess what happens to those hard to earn mats ...

yepp, exactly. prices get stupidly high too ... there u have it :-)

ps:
    i'm still lvl'ing my manufacturing skills and i still hate those prices. that's why i'm doing them at my lvl, where i get decent drops ^^
    --> oh and, good luck on the claw for lvl6 bs :-P
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    And you are not??? As if complaining on the boards over something that is a non-issue, since you can just get them yourself is not totaly pointless. No body is making you buy over priced items.. Get over it.

Nope I'm not. If I were I would be on the forums a hell of a lot more.

"No body is making you buy over priced items.." -Duh?-

"Get over it." -Get over what?-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ahem, those would be Reinforced Leather, the OP was talking about Leather. And I wouldn't call 7% a decent drop rate.

Ha ha! Oops. b:surrender I should get more sleep. I've been making too many mistakes.

-_- And no fighting a. Please. Mats are expensive reguardless, especially drop mats.
  • NightzEnd - Harshlands
    NightzEnd - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have you ever consider that half the ppl selling these matts know they could use them themselves or for an alt. Half those prices ppl probably don't expect to sell the entire stock anytime soon but leave them up till they go and figure if they don't sell i still have them for later.

That is the thing about matts compared to DQ items (since many ppl despise DQ), Molds, etc.. Everyone can use matts not everyone can use all molds or most other items. Plus their prices stay pretty common if you look alot, but in 1 trip when there isn't a ton of sellers the only ppl left are the ones with outragous prices.
  • Ilenka - Harshlands
    Ilenka - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009

I dont know if someone point this out yet but i will.

Theres one thing with mat drops. If you level your skills as youre playing ALL THE MOBS YOU KILL in quest will give you the desired mat.

For instance, for leveling blacksmith 1 and 2 you get from lvl 1 to 20, because you are getting grease from insect mobs at starting areas, all the other mats are farmable around. Animal Fur drops from wolf like mobs.

For tailor cotton thread drops from tortoises and ursogs.

A level 10 cleric at lake of no worries killing tortoises and leveling genie at the same time till level 13 got 39 cotton threads. more than necesary to level up tailor 1 to 2 and even filling some of 2 to 3.

Farmable mats such as logs, pig iron, sandstone, coal dust are always around the area you move for quest.

when you move into archosaur (lv 20+) is time to move your skills up to lv 3 and getting ready for lv 4. Why=? Because you get silk thread, purified oil, rough fur and rough lumber from mobs up to level 30.
    My veno level 27 keeps on farming wolfhunters and skelevizen craftman outside arch and gets around 20 silk thread and conc glue in 1 or 2 hours... (which are part of her quest atm)

After this when you move into dragons end and sundown town jackaleopardites give you good drops on leather (lv 50ish) so youre ready to fill up the bar to crafting skills 4.

So its not random that lv 4 quest comes in lv 50. Is just that players should level all skills at the same time and not wait till high levels (so high i cant even get drops) to do them.

Thats when catshoppers take over ppl.

All items should be available for your level just staying a bit longer for quest. When players go into rush for level, like oracling they just lose these moments.

Im a crafter in heart and i love crafting and farming and grinding.

AND YEAH: MAT PRICES ARE OVERPRICED AS HELL!!!!! i wouldnt even pay 7k for anything, not even High Mats. Cuz they are all farmable.
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Also... Id like to point out that Rough Fur, Leather, Compound Oil, Compound Thread and Concentrated Glue are not NORMAL MATS, they are kind of a rare drop, and even though I have 75 of each, they are rare and appreciated.

Still, 7k is less than paying 1mil for 2 gold (example: 50 leather is 2 gold, and now at 500k per gold... u do the simple math)

I tend to sell 25 leather or those mat drops for 290-350k usually in AH. Ergo, that is way more than 7k each lol but sometimes ppl is just lazy even to do the math.

You stated yourself as not so patient. Time is money. Less talk more pew pew and pay for the time you do not invest. If u dont like spending that much, just sell gold and buy the mats with the profit u make. Its way cheaper. On the other hand, you could make an alternate character, level it fast and stay in a level where u can get decent drop rate from the mats you want. I have a barb and cleric lvl 25ish. They both get concentrated glue and rough fur like crazy. And they sell easily for 6.5k each, if not more in AH. That gives me a lot of profit but at the same time is a lot of time invested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You stated yourself as not so patient. Time is money. Less talk more pew pew and pay for the time you do not invest. If u dont like spending that much, just sell gold and buy the mats with the profit u make. Its way cheaper. On the other hand, you could make an alternate character, level it fast and stay in a level where u can get decent drop rate from the mats you want. I have a barb and cleric lvl 25ish. They both get concentrated glue and rough fur like crazy. And they sell easily for 6.5k each, if not more in AH. That gives me a lot of profit but at the same time is a lot of time invested.
    That's pretty much what I do, only with a cleric at level 35, killing the spiders south of Arch for purified oil and going to the Secret Passage for Silk Thread and to get rep. If the market recovers, I'll probably move him over to farming Vipions as well for cash drops, though that'll happen after I update his gear some more. Only problem is the mana burn is a bit bad (apoth pots are fine, but eh, still use mana faster than I can recover via apoth pot, lol...), but it'll be fixed once I update his gear a bit (a bit more mana recovery + a better weapon should fix the problem, hopefully...).
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22